[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » KANYE WEST - 808's and Heartbreak
KANYE WEST - 808's and Heartbreak
11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 26/Nov/08, 10:13 AM | Message # 16

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
i liked "Love Lockdown" but that track Menace posted was straight gay and everyone but you keeps talking about how wack this album is. if the tracks are like that i have to agree.

Which Track did he post??

Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 26/Nov/08, 3:10 PM | Message # 17

Emcees
for some i ike singing love ockdown or heartless even though i doont like kanye with the auto tone

eboyd_ Date: Wednesday, 26/Nov/08, 11:22 PM | Message # 18

Removed
Quote (11thPlague)
Which Track did he post??

the intro track i think. i heard a few tracks so far and i can say that by what i've heard it sucks.

Kiba Date: Thursday, 27/Nov/08, 11:31 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
Yep shit is wack!

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

TITISIMO25 Date: Sunday, 30/Nov/08, 4:57 PM | Message # 20

Rappers
THE autotune just killed everything...i actually like kanye tho.

Meth Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 9:06 AM | Message # 21

Watchers
Here go my review of the album

Lyrics: 69%
Flow: 80%
Production: 90%
X-Factor: 65%
Overall: 76%

Ok this is maybe Kanye's worst album due to the fact that it isnt a Hip Hop album, but its his best concept album. I know alot of u dont like the album because he didnt rap on it and he used the auto tune, but the good point from the auto tune and the weird production was that it created a image of HEARTBREAK (hence the title) and it let out his emotions of his mother's death and his loneliness he felt in the mainstream. This album is a masterpiece as well as a disaster. But the lyrics are THE corniest lyrics ever. But instead of shunning Kanye for doing something unexpected, we should congratulate him for using his freedom and expanding his horizons and experimenting.

eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 11:15 AM | Message # 22

Removed
I can agree there. I just don't like it though. I felt it was poorly executed. Remember, I liked "Love Lockdown," it's the rest of the shit that I hated. He actually sounds decent with autotune. He's not as bad as Lil Wayne or T-Pain with it.
Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 11:20 AM | Message # 23

Heads
well what i want is HIP HOP here i listen to HIP HOP if i want to listen to something else i go and download a Neo-Soul album so what kanye did here is irrelevant for me and for my fellow hip hop heads as i said this album is IRRELEVANT

Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 11:34 AM | Message # 24

Heads
and i just checked wiki and it says an genres Pop, R&B, pop rap what more u can want?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/808s_%26_Heartbreak

and i tried to listen to it and its pretty irrelevant if u want to post the album or talk about it post it in the Real music thread or something cause the album is NOT HIP HOP so discussions on that are none

eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 11:57 AM | Message # 25

Removed
LMAO!
Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 12:01 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
LMAO!

LOL why you laughing ?? its the truth i wont take in consideration non hip hop albums on a hip hop site and presumably on a hip hip thread i could glorify MC Hammer too if i want :::::: STOP :::: HAMMER TIME :::::::

Kiba Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 12:01 PM | Message # 27

Emcees
lol

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Meth Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 3:23 PM | Message # 28

Watchers
LMAO!!!!!!
Chill Menace

Added (08/Dec/02, 3:23 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
And Erik he actually does sound better with the auto tune than T-Pain and Lil wayne
He even used it in t he right way but with the expections of the album and Kanye it took some people by surprised

11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:16 PM | Message # 29

Removed
Quote (Menace)
well what i want is HIP HOP here i listen to HIP HOP if i want to listen to something else i go and download a Neo-Soul album so what kanye did here is irrelevant for me and for my fellow hip hop heads as i said this album is IRRELEVANT

LOL HERE WE GO AGAIN. OKAY I LOVE MUSIC I LOVE ALL FORMS OF MUSIC THE ART I LOVE IT I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT FOR MUSIC. WHAT MAKES ANY MUSIC WETHER IT BE COUNTRY, POP, HIP HOP, ROCK OR R&B IS NOT THE LYRICS NOT WETHER HE IS SINGING OR NOT IF HE'S RAPPING OR WHATEVER THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES MUSIC THAT GENRE IS THE BEAT THE ACTUAL MUSIC AND I KNOW YALL ARE GONNA ARGUE WITH ME BUT KANYE'S ALBUM WAS A HIP HOP ALBUM THE BEATS WERE HIP HOP

Added (08/Dec/02, 4:16 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
AGAIN IM NOT ARGUEING WETHER ITS GOOD OR NOT OR WHY YOU SHOULDNT OR SHOULD LIKE IT THE FACT IS THE ALBUM IS A HIP HOP ALBUM REGARDLESS WETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

Message edited by 11thPlague - Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:17 PM
Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:26 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
AGAIN IM NOT ARGUEING WETHER ITS GOOD OR NOT OR WHY YOU SHOULDNT OR SHOULD LIKE IT THE FACT IS THE ALBUM IS A HIP HOP ALBUM REGARDLESS WETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

DUDE WIKIPEDIA SAID ITS NOT I AM SAYING IS NOT U ARE THE ONLY ONE SAYIN THAT THE ALBUM IS HIP HOP GOD ARE U BRAIN DEAD??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/808s_%26_Heartbreak

and i fucking said if u didnt read this is a real hip hop site if u want to talk about this album post it in the real music section not here cause here for us HIP HOP heads is irrelevant

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » KANYE WEST - 808's and Heartbreak
Search: