[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » KANYE WEST - 808's and Heartbreak
KANYE WEST - 808's and Heartbreak
11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:29 PM | Message # 31

Removed
ITS IS HIP HOP THEREFORE I PUT IT ON THE SITE
Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:33 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
ITS IS HIP HOP THEREFORE I PUT IT ON THE SITE

well why people say its not and wikipedia says is not??

11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:37 PM | Message # 33

Removed
LOL THE SAME REASON PEOPLE SAY LIL WAYNE IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE

THEY DONT KNOW SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:43 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
LOL THE SAME REASON PEOPLE SAY LIL WAYNE IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE

THEY DONT KNOW SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

well then i dont know shit about hip hop and many people in this site dont know shit about hip hop you disrespected many people here and u disrespected many of my friends that are older then you and know more shit then u and me and if thats the only argument u bringing then you lost me and i am done whit you hell i will make a pool here on the site asking if this album is pop-rap or not and if everyone tells that it is then WE DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT HIP HOP

11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:50 PM | Message # 35

Removed
your not understanding what im saying there isnt an official genre called POP RAP thats stupid is either hip hop or pop there no in between just like the whol rock-rap thing its rock cause most of the music behind the lyrics is rock not hip hop so im telling you "OFFICIALLY" the album is HIP HOP im not saying what YOU or this WEBSITE thinks it is im telling you the album falls in the HIP HOP GENRE thats is all im saying just like wayne, jay, eminem, jedi mind tricks, blackthought, lil jon all fall into hip hop. now okay i know some are better than other or more relevant but its all HIP HOP
Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 4:55 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
your not understanding what im saying there isnt an official genre called POP RAP thats stupid is either hip hop or pop there no in between just like the whol rock-rap thing its rock cause most of the music behind the lyrics is rock not hip hop so im telling you "OFFICIALLY" the album is HIP HOP im not saying what YOU or this WEBSITE thinks it is im telling you the album falls in the HIP HOP GENRE thats is all im saying just like wayne, jay, eminem, jedi mind tricks, blackthought, lil jon all fall into hip hop. now okay i know some are better than other or more relevant but its all HIP HOP

well then YOU MY FRIEND dont know whats HIP HOP and u dont know whats the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIP HOP AND RAP and u dont know whats the difference between an MC and a rapper and so on check these vids they were done by the founder of this movement DJ Jus One watch them and learn

11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 5:04 PM | Message # 37

Removed
LOL i quit

all im saying is go to your cd store and see what sections they got kanye under okay POP or HIP HOP

Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 5:08 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
LOL i quit

all im saying is go to your cd store and see what sections they got kanye under okay POP or HIP HOP

WELL THEY DONT KNOW BETTER THE ONES THAT PUT KANYE AT HIP HOP ARE THE ONES WHO SAY LIL WAYNE IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE SO BANG I BUSTED YOU biggrin

11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 5:15 PM | Message # 39

Removed
biggrin
eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 6:38 PM | Message # 40

Removed
11th Plague, Kanye himself said this album isn't hip hop. I posted an article about this a while ago. Even if I did like this album I would tell you that. When the ARTIST HIMSELF says that shit ain't hip hop then IT'S NOT HIP HOP! Lol! And no, Lil Jon is not hip hop, it is crunk which is a sub genre of rap music. Music stores act like there is no difference between hip hop and rap but they are the same people who not only perpetuate but create the stereotypes that hip hop has to endure because of rap. KRS-One even said, and I paraphrase, hip hop is a music created for art, rap is a music created for corporate interests. That, my friend, is the difference between hip hop and rap.
11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 6:48 PM | Message # 41

Removed
Yall wanna sub genre everything just cause its diffrent. crunk snap and whatever else you wanna say is all hip hop music rap. hip is the lyfestyle and rap is the music rap is what mc's do im not gonna argue this no more this is the last post i put out on kanye lol but yeah i know the diffrence. and the beats that are on that album are hip hop music beats not pop not rock not country they are hip hop music beats which make it hip hop music i dont care if he sand the whole album if he said hip hop was too easy the whole album and dont care what he said on the album. im telling you the album was hip hop cause the music/beats were hip hop. AGAIN IM NOT SAYING IT WAS REAL HIP HOP OR NOT REAL HIP HOP (IN TERMS OF LYRICS) ALL IM SAYING IS THAT IT WAS HIP HOP
Kiba Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 7:54 PM | Message # 42

Emcees
Ok here's my reveiw/bashing lol

doooooooooodooooooooo doooooooodoooooo cmon kanye man you officially sold out man!
Don't know what Kanye was thinking when he was creating this album. To say it is a detour from his traditional releases is an understatement. 808s & Heartbreak more closely resembles a "detour" the wrong way down a one way street followed by a horrible collision. While a noble attempt to stray outside the genre, it is ultimately a failure and more or less, a gimmick. The autotune sounds awful and was already done to death by T Pain. Kanye's voice is not strong enough for traditional "singing." Perhaps it is sore from the hissy fit he threw at the Grammys.

Look, people don't expect Kanye West to sing, they expect him to perform, and he's not going that on this album. 808s & Heartbreak is a failed attempt to come off as an actual artist rather than just a showman. Kanye actually said that this change in style is an attempt to challenge the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Paul McCartney. Do you really think you are on par with McCartney or Hendrix as an artist?! The biggest problem is that nothing he ever does emanates out of sincerity. This is clearly the work of someone with something to prove, but nothing to offer.

I'm not even going to discuss the individual tunes on this record because it is simply a waste of time. These songs are not even worthy of my analysis. There is no inspiration at all here, boring beats, stupid lyrics that try to purvey themselves as depth of emotion. Really, the only emotive qualities that suit Kanye are pride, chest beating braggadocio, total lack of humility etc. And let's face it folks, Kanye talking about heartbreak is like hearing Ann Coulter giving a speech about the unification of all nations and races working toward an eventual world peace.

I cant believe i just individually listned to each song!!!
The cd is just terrible. Every song sounds the same, like some crappy jingle to sell chocolates or something on valentines day.
If this really is hip hop which it aint cause its pop, it would have to be one of the worst hip hop albums iv ever heard....

(As said b4 didnt feel a single tune just wasted my time, imo he needs to get over his mother's passing away
and breaking up with fiance before he realeses another poor album) 1/10

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 10:01 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Kiba that explained the down part of my review with HELLA more detail so I thank you for doing that cause it explained my bad half of the review

Sick With It
LoveThatHipHop Date: Friday, 12/Dec/08, 11:23 PM | Message # 44

Emcees
I listened to the song and I gotta ask, "What The Fuck?" My problem were one, 1. They weren't songs/tracks/music to me, just a Bass+another instrument. Very boring 2. If you can really sing, you wouldn't need to change your voice like that. I'm just sayin, cause it only made him sound whiny in the end. and 3. Where's the rapping??? Where's the lyrical flow??? I know he's going through a tough time and he's all emotional and shit, but when times get rough you gotta tell rough to get his bitch ass in the ring! Gotta go hard man! Stand strong! This album in my opinion was a complete fail. My rating- 1.5%

Because I'm cool like dat. I'm chill like dat. I'm peace like dat.
Authentic Date: Saturday, 13/Dec/08, 10:46 AM | Message # 45

Writers
i don't like it and i think is not hip-hop is more like pop
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » KANYE WEST - 808's and Heartbreak
Search: