[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
what do you rate this album????
1.0-10[ 2 ][18.18%]
2.20-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
3.40-50[ 0 ][0.00%]
4.60-70[ 1 ][9.09%]
5.80-90[ 5 ][45.45%]
6.100[ 3 ][27.27%]
Answers total: 11
Uncharted Date: Saturday, 27/Nov/10, 3:26 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
1. "Dark Fantasy"-best track of album imo he kills it i think, the production with RZA, can really hear the wu tang influence, great track
2. "Gorgeous" you guys know about this one, lyrically he was ok i guess and raekwon was good but at his usual, the beat is nice and it what stepped up the rhymes which im about to get in to later as i review this album
3. "Power"-obvious.......no need to review this one
4. "All of the Lights"interlude
5. "All of the Lights" alot of fucking guest appearances on here, i dont like rihanna so i hate the chorus.....meh lyrics...but the beat is yet again great, esp. those drums is like DAMN!!!!!!!!
6. "Monster" the chorus this track is quite...how should i put, "predictable and corny" its quite repetitive also but wat to expect, its the chorus, but anyway, yet again the beat is wat made the jay ye and manaj step it the fuck up with rapping, kanye and jay did alright, also manaj surprised the fuck outta me, this is her best verse i ever heard her spit..but it wasnt nothing specail, i just surprised me for a sec
7. "So Appalled" G.O.O.D music posse cut with pusha t, cyhi da prince, kanye, swizz beatz and RZA..Ye did well, cyhi imo had the best verse, pusha t kept it easy but still rapping like he did on his earlier work, swizz beatz annoys the hell outta me with a yet again "predictable and corny" chorus, and RZA was a big WTF cause he just came out of nowhere screaming the same shit swizz said, he should've ripped the beat hisself though, now that would've been interesting
8. "Devil in a New Dress" (featuring Rick Ross) produced by Bink!, this beat is one some dope ass college dropout/late registration shit, but rhyme wise ye did bring it, not that level on his earlier work but still its dope, and rick ross.....people dont bash me, rick ross did step his shit up on this one...his best verse
9. "Runaway" (featuring Pusha T) i love the chorus..my dad hates the chorus but i love it lol, "TOAST TO THE DOUCHEBAGS, LET HAVE TOAST FOR THE ASSHOLES" this song here is the first kanye west song i can consider me relating to or consider an anthem in a LONG WHILE!!!!!!!!! cause sometimes i can be a real big asshole when niggas is fucking wit me and i simply wanna bothered, or when better yet, somebody is being jelous of my success or my opinion on a certain thing.Pusha T also held it down too wit that dope ass verse. Now the big WTF for this song is the album version's ending with him i think vocalizing, in a distorded (and heres when heres what kills it and brings in the big WTF in) AUTOTUNE!!!!, I didnt really get that or it...i mean i can obviously see cant let the damn autotune go after his shitty previous album.I personally always thought that kanye west can sing without autotune, alot better, its shows in this song, hes not best singer but shit, better off without autotune
10. "Hell of a Life" love this beat, rhymes were well, not so good
11. "Blame Game" (featuring John Legend) this beat is SICKENING, remember it first dropped on the internet, i personally couldnt stop listening to it. Good concept of him and his relationship his girlfriend(probably amber rose), but its a great story, i somewhat like what he did with his voice on the second verse, and the outro with chris rock is funny
12. "Lost in the World" (featuring Bon Iver) ok now song after a few listens kinda pissed me off. HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE AUTOTUNE POP SHIT!!!besides that i like the beat, the drums go in like biscuits and gravy, all the singing and shit turned me off of this track somewhat
13. "Who Will Survive in America ft Gil Scott Heron This is the interlude of lost in the world, great outro good ending to a finally acceptable kanye west album

After a few listens and going through all different types of feelings toward this album....i give this one a 80-90, more specifically 85-87%. When it comes to the production on here, kanye west has showed his more of his musical knowledge and diversity. Its like a melting pot of ingredients of music like a little bit of rock, blues, classical etc, with a good amout of pop and a hip hop as the main ingredient. Now lyrically, he stepped it up compared some of his little bit more recent shit i guess, what fustrated on certain tracks were him being egotistical of course but the main thing was him being all personal. Well simliplicity of him lyricism on his personal life and ego but we all know kanye aint nothing "super lyrical". And what i wanna get out there is wat i really noticed on this album alot. There is alot of guess appearances on here (which i dont like esp. on solo albums), but the beat pretty made the rappers step up their game up a little more which surprises me alot cause this is coming from so of the most mainstream/underground hated rappers in the game which are on this album..not comparing kanye to premo but its like when rappers get on premier's shit they tend to step it up alot.My first listen i thought this album was straight ass, but being musically diverse myself i gave it a few more listen i think album is good but OVERRATED by alot of critics, niggas givin it 10/10 and shit calling it his "best album" like wth?? its a good album but its nothing compared to his first 2 albums i think it can "slighty" outstretch graduation. so thats my review, i know alot of you underground heads are gonna bash me this is how i feel, kanye has always one of my favorite artists, very creative and down right stupid with them beats. my voice has been heard, word is known. BOOM, thats my review

Message edited by Uncharted - Saturday, 27/Nov/10, 10:37 PM
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 27/Nov/10, 7:52 PM | Message # 2

Heads
this is sounding a lot better than i expected so far, the track dark fantasy is fuckin sick and even kanye's rhymes are better

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 29/Nov/10, 2:48 PM | Message # 3

Heads
This album is dope. Top 10 of 2010.
AMAZING beats, great guest apperences, and not to mention good-Kayne rhymes (which in general are average but good for him lol)
My favorite tracks were:
Dark Fantasy (Kanye has to be a top 5 producer by now. Just give this man his credit..)
Gorgeous
POWER
All of the Lights
Monster (Jay-Z verse was one of his best in recent years and Nicki Minaj murdered everybody lol she has my respect)

Sick With It
Uncharted Date: Monday, 29/Nov/10, 3:49 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
good-Kayne rhymes (which in general are average but good for him lol)

^^^^
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Monster (Jay-Z verse was one of his best in recent years and Nicki Minaj murdered everybody lol she has my respect)

jay z verse was pretty good but nicki entertained me with her last verse
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Dark Fantasy (Kanye has to be a top 5 producer by now. Just give this man his credit..)

he is the one of the top 5 producers rite now but he only co produced "dark fantasy" it was actually produced by rza
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Gorgeous

co sign
Quote (Lord_Meth)
All of the Lights

beat was sick as fuck but the lyrics were very "meh"

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 29/Nov/10, 9:13 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Uncharted)
beat was sick as fuck but the lyrics were very "meh"

I loved the chorus w/ Rihanna and the beat. Kanye's verses were coo, they added to the heavy, booming atmosphere.
Quote (Uncharted)
jay z verse was pretty good but nicki entertained me with her last verse

Jay said, "Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Lochness/, Goblin, Ghoul, a zombie with no conscience/Question, wat do these things have common?/Everybody knows Ima muthafuckin MONSTER!/"
Shit was insane

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 30/Nov/10, 2:27 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)

Jay said, "Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Lochness/, Goblin, Ghoul, a zombie with no conscience/Question, wat do these things have common?/Everybody knows Ima muthafuckin MONSTER!/"
Shit was insane

whut? i don't get it

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 30/Nov/10, 10:27 AM | Message # 7

Heads
lol I am propably the only one who hates this album and cannot stand listening to it. I just downloaded it, gave it a listen and deleted that shit, it's definitely not a top 10 and for damn sure it ain't better than Distand Relatives, Death Is Silent or even Celph's album

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 30/Nov/10, 9:44 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
whut? i don't get it

Those are famous monsters dude....and he was saying "Im like all of them combined.."
Quote (El_Matador)
lol I am propably the only one who hates this album and cannot stand listening to it. I just downloaded it, gave it a listen and deleted that shit, it's definitely not a top 10 and for damn sure it ain't better than Distand Relatives, Death Is Silent or even Celph's album

Thats awful!! U suck at critising!!

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 30/Nov/10, 10:01 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Thats awful!! U suck at critising!!

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Dec/10, 4:15 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Shit was insane

lol no, that doesn't make any sense. that sounds like some Lil Wayne shit. i know you think it makes sense, and i know what you and Jay think it's supposed to mean, but it is worded so terribly that it means nothing. if you actually analyze what he says, it's a non-sequitur. it's like me saying "eggs, ham, a fork and a bowl. what do these all have in common? I'M GONNA EAT BREAKFAST!" LMAO!

overall the album is better than expected tho. it's better than the absolute garbage that was "808's and Heartbreak" and even better than "Graduation", and i actually enjoyed a decent chunk of the tracks beyond them simply being tolerable, but it's still not a full return to the Kanye i remember from "College Dropout" or even "Late Registration".

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 01/Dec/10, 3:06 PM | Message # 11

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
lol no, that doesn't make any sense. that sounds like some Lil Wayne shit. i know you think it makes sense, and i know what you and Jay think it's supposed to mean, but it is worded so terribly that it means nothing. if you actually analyze what he says, it's a non-sequitur. it's like me saying "eggs, ham, a fork and a bowl. what do these all have in common? I'M GONNA EAT BREAKFAST!" LMAO!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! man, this entire paragraph is so smooth its like funniness just oozes out of you without even trying xD

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Dec/10, 3:14 PM | Message # 12

Heads
LOL thx :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 01/Dec/10, 6:46 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

Quote (s0dr2)
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! man, this entire paragraph is so smooth its like funniness just oozes out of you without even trying xD

ROFLMAO!!! I agree that was extrememly funny dude lol
Imagine that actually in a song too lol

Oh and let me add that I think this album is on the same level as Late Registration maybe a bit higher. Dark Fantasy alone is one of his top 10 beats.

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Dec/10, 10:19 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
this album is on the same level as Late Registration maybe a bit higher

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no! it's like The Eminem Show compared to SSLP & MMLP when you compare this album to College Dropout and Late Registration! those two albums are definitively better, but this album is cool though. definitely his third best.

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Dark Fantasy alone is one of his top 10 beats.

that's a bit of a stretch. good beat though. i'd still say that i can name more than 10 beats that are superior and i'd even dare to say that 5 of them or more are on College Dropout alone.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Saturday, 04/Dec/10, 10:34 PM | Message # 15

Heads
lol I still don't get why people love so much this fucking wack album

Quote (eboyd)
College Dropout and Late Registration

Amazing beats. Take a look at Late Registration's cover. It's an early version of Pedo-Bear

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Search: