Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » The Cypher » The Emceeing Tutorial
The Emceeing Tutorial
Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 12:28 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
yeah, once you get used to it that shit will be quick. practice at home on a bunch of different beats, try different flows, and when you find the one you want, just fucking spit.

It feels like this is just a me and erik convo.......were the fuck r the other people at?!?!?!?

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 8:30 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Yeah, I got a question, it might be strange... How to discover what is my own style? I still got a problem with it. I got two, COMPLETLY DIFFERENT tones of voice when I rap, hardcore mad low tone, somethin between Method Man and Ice T and smooth laid-back tone, somethin like Snoop or Warren G. Problem is when I staring to spit I always catching myself that I rappin with styles of other rappers. Flow, voice tone and shit sounds like their own.....

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

mistaflo Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 9:19 PM | Message # 18

Rappers
omg erik i was reading that stuff u posted its like rap science!! lol i just like writing complex/clever punchlines and thinking abstractly... i d k bout all tht other stuff. well not all of it most of it.

The 16 YEAR OLD EXCELLENCY!!

i getta shape up...with a handful of figures
i "wReck-Tangledand" unprepared emcees with triggers
i rap circles round this square it aint fair when i spit!
beating me? you nuts! like pubic hair on my dick! -Mista flo

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 10:28 PM | Message # 19

Rappers
this shit is confusing

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Furious_Pryme Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 10:35 PM | Message # 20

Removed
Quote (El_Matador)
How to discover what is my own style

What do you talk about mostly when you spit. like if u just spit about pussy then your style
is wack. and so forth

im not calling u wack personally but yeah.

Quote (EYAR15)
this shit is confusing

I agree. im not sure how this could help people become better rappers
eboyd Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 2:34 AM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
Yeah, I got a question, it might be strange... How to discover what is my own style? I still got a problem with it. I got two, COMPLETLY DIFFERENT tones of voice when I rap, hardcore mad low tone, somethin between Method Man and Ice T and smooth laid-back tone, somethin like Snoop or Warren G. Problem is when I staring to spit I always catching myself that I rappin with styles of other rappers. Flow, voice tone and shit sounds like their own.....

you're on the right path. as you keep going with it you will develop your own style through theirs. that's what Em did when he was spitting like Nas and then he dropped SSLP and it was a sealed deal from there.

Quote (mistaflo)
omg erik i was reading that stuff u posted its like rap science!! lol i just like writing complex/clever punchlines and thinking abstractly... i d k bout all tht other stuff. well not all of it most of it.

haha yeah! shit can get complex and confusing as hell, but what it all boils down to is being creative and natural with it. i basically said that in the most complex/confusing way possible tongue it was for a reason though. that way people who are able to comprehend it can dissect it and really try new things and experiment and have an understanding of why hip hop is so much more complex than they think and also so they can experiment more and create new forms of hip hop rather than just being another dope emcee, which we already have 3,000,000 of as is and we don't need any more typical cats like that.

Quote (EYAR15)
this shit is confusing

indeed it is. overall it just comes down to what works for you though. we can break it down 1000 ways but you'll never be dope if you don't learn how to trust your instincts.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 8:09 AM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (Furious_Pryme)
What do you talk about mostly when you spit. like if u just spit about pussy then your style
is wack. and so forth

im not calling u wack personally but yeah.

Pussy is somethin I live in, hip-hop is somethin I live with
Plus there's no subject matter thing, cos real emcee can turn weak subject matter into unstoppable fire

Quote (eboyd)
you're on the right path. as you keep going with it you will develop your own style through theirs. that's what Em did when he was spitting like Nas and then he dropped SSLP and it was a sealed deal from there.

lol, so I guess I gotta make my own "Infinite" like Em did

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 4:04 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Everyone is different. Maybe you will find your style before you drop an album. Just do what you are doing, but practice some of the techniques I mentioned and see if they fit you and you will find your style. It's just a matter of time.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 4:12 PM | Message # 24

Heads
There's one thing in my shit that is typical to me, some of my homies sayin' the same thang... Its shipshape alliteration in my rhymes

11thPlague Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 6:00 PM | Message # 25

Removed
Quote (Pensmoke)
I just rap. lol

^%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mistaflo Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 6:04 PM | Message # 26

Rappers
lol im like plague i just spit flames

The 16 YEAR OLD EXCELLENCY!!

i getta shape up...with a handful of figures
i "wReck-Tangledand" unprepared emcees with triggers
i rap circles round this square it aint fair when i spit!
beating me? you nuts! like pubic hair on my dick! -Mista flo

El_Matador Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 6:53 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Everybody go here!! I wrote my 1st love song with punchlines! LOL

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/19-1216-44

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 29/May/09, 6:57 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
-two words: breath control. this is vital to any serious emcee. it can make or break your career. if you do not learn strategic breathing on tracks you WILL run out of breath and it WILL sound bad. i've seen many cats with breath control problems (including myself for a while) actually physically write in their breathing points on paper. this becomes less necessary as you gain skill because an experienced emcee will memorize their breath points by instinct, especially if he/she is doing shows because in order to do shows you need to memorize the verse(s) inside out anyways. if it isn't memorized you will sound like an idiot.

that's what i gotta work on

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Saturday, 30/May/09, 3:48 AM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
I just rap. lol

see, that's easy because you are a natural at it. i'm pretty natural myself but i still choose to study different styles of wordplay, alliteration, rhyme scheme, writing organizational technique etc. and some people need it. believe me. i was working with someone who needs to study A LOT of these things today. it wasn't pretty.

oh, btw, one more thing, contrary to popular belief, you should NEVER be afraid to USE A DICTIONARY!!! it's embarrassing putting a track out there where you use the wrong word. sometimes it is simply safe to check. trust me. saves you from looking like an idiot sometimes.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Saturday, 30/May/09, 1:03 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
oh, btw, one more thing, contrary to popular belief, you should NEVER be afraid to USE A DICTIONARY!!! it's embarrassing putting a track out there where you use the wrong word. sometimes it is simply safe to check. trust me. saves you from looking like an idiot sometimes.

I read dictionary like it was a great book.

And sometimes I got feeling that Canibus doesnt. lol

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » The Cypher » The Emceeing Tutorial
Search: