[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, eboyd, El_Matador  
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » My Thoughts On Hip-Hop Today...
My Thoughts On Hip-Hop Today...
8Diagrams Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 4:14 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Of course, we all know the underground scene is supreme, but we also know for the most part that the mainstream is, well, shit. I know it may seem like I'm being obvious and direct here, but bear with me here. If the heroes of hip-hop of yesterday are pissed off, why don't they step up and do something about it? Less talk and more action, as actions speak louder than words. I don't care what they do, just do something. And the truth is, it's not the mainstream artists' fault. It's the labels that are pulling the strings to make wack yet catchy shit that will sell, so they can line their pockets. If they would realize that, and the real hip-hop heads do the same, maybe we could fix it ourselves. So don't insult the artist, bring down the label, and tell people that if it's put it out by someone like Colipark, Aftermath, Interscope, etc., don't buy it, that way the fags will fall, and less weak shit will be put out.

"Everything needs work, but you can't work on everything." - Anonymous
Menace Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 4:20 PM | Message # 2

Heads
nobody cares about your opinion LOL

ill Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 4:23 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
fuck that ^^

but yeah its with the labels man, the heroes of hip hop do make hip hop but there isnt the money behind them like 50 cent or whoever. dre is making a new album which most people feel is gonna be shit, didnt grandmaster flash have a new album this year or something? de la soul are also dropping but no one hears this shit, they just hear crack a bottle

but hip hop is everything, considering the music coming out the underground for me it makes up that whackness of the mainstream

The World Is Yours
ill Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 4:27 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
what menace said

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 4:37 PM | Message # 5

Heads
CAPITALISM !!! THAT'S WHAT THE FUCK IS people don't own what the fuck they produce they subdue to other forces so they can sell instead of doing it out of their creativity our society is based on market discipline and our music is too artists subdue to trends to sell as we subdue to the market to survive Hip Hop didn't start from capitalist competition it was creativity not competition when you transform something that is not a product into a PRODUCT you are bound to fuck it up

eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 4:56 PM | Message # 6

Heads
This is a great article you wrote but...

1. It needs to be expanded.

2. There are some grammatical errors. When we finish it, send it to me and I'll make corrections.

3. Avoid the profanity.

I think this would be a great piece to discuss and get everyone to write their two cents about before actually posting it. Menace, add your opinion about capitalism, ill about labels, 8, elaborate on the point you already had and correct those mistakes and I'll put it together as a whole and let 8 post it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 5:04 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Well aint that cute? BUT ITS WRONG !!!

Graffiti
Menace Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 5:22 PM | Message # 8

Heads
In "modern" society we have long ago thrown out the window the idea that most workers in any real sense "own" what they produce. We are a society of employees, who labor for wages and our artists are too they don't do music for the sake of music and because its an art they do music to please their corporate masters so they can SELL music became a commodity that can be regulated only by corporations not by the artists or by the people who actually listen to music .As i hear in the mainstreem scenes that hip-hop ain't dead in fact hip hop lives and lives very well but the problem is they justify hip hop by her profit so is profit the reward for the productivity of hip hop ?? no not really profit means nothing when people cease to be creative in the spirit of capitalism music becomes a commodity that sells and sells whit out any musical regulation whit out any musical intervention .

Menace Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 5:36 PM | Message # 9

Heads
And profits can be huge but still they can't justify the exploitation of hip hop because you set a rule and everybody jumps on this bandwagon /trend so if everybody jumps on the same bandwagon everybody will sound the same just like now days because it is more cheap to dictate what's trendy because artists will cease to create their own art and follow this bandwagon so you as a corporation will have to pick some 5 or 6 artists and let the other 100 artists that jumped on the bandwagon to starve because all of them sound the same and you need just these 5 artists so at the end even if PROFIT is BIG that doesn't mean hip hop is good or the artists eat nope

eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 5:44 PM | Message # 10

Heads
I don't think 8 is denying that Menace.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 5:47 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
I don't think 8 is denying that Menace.

you said to drop my opinion about capitalism and hip hop so i dropped it LOL i never went against no one you said this will be a blog so i thought you can incorporate what i said in the blog

eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 6:16 PM | Message # 12

Heads
We need our blogs to look professional. I like the idea, but if we want it to be an official blog for the site we need it to be official. If you would like, when we get all opinions I will edit it for you myself.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 6:21 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Believe me dude, I could easily be a journalist if I wanted to. There are grammatical errors. I will fix them for you. Not so much errors, but things that would sound much better if put differently.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

SoulRas Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 6:22 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
Quasimoto got the ill crushin' em

“Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world.”
-Giuseppe Mazzini
eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/May/09, 6:24 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Ok. What did you mean by the first part though?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » My Thoughts On Hip-Hop Today...
Search: