[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Who's Gonna Save HipHop??? ((Will the stench of garbage rap simmer down this year?))
Who's Gonna Save HipHop???
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:21 PM | Message # 31

Emcees
Quote (ill)
exactly hip hop has come to the radio and people dont like the direction, as soon as people like erik mentioned like blu and jay elec hit the radio people will say they turned pop and start to hate

hiphop was 'pop'ular in the early to mid '90's as well but people were not selling out and making as much corny ass music.... ppl were trying to out do each other as well as loving the music and culture... Thats what we need back

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:26 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (LethaFace)
hiphop was 'pop'ular in the early to mid '90's as well but people were not selling out and making as much corny ass music.... ppl were trying to out do each other as well as loving the music and culture... Thats what we need back

not really like Redman said back then hip hop was not a business the business side of hip hop and the cultural side of hip hop was in balance and that's what made hip hop so great now days hip hop is just a business and redman is right

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:28 PM | Message # 33

Emcees
it may have been popular but now its the most selling genre of music (correct me if im wrong)

in any case carter III topped album sales last year, didnt happen in the 90s

The World Is Yours
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:31 PM | Message # 34

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
not really like Redman said back then hip hop was not a business the business side of hip hop and the cultural side of hip hop was in balance and that's what made hip hop so great now days hip hop is just a business and redman is right

thats pretty much what I said but you disagreed?!?!? .... by "POPular" i meant popular within the hiphop community.

Added (05/Feb/09, 12:31 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (ill)
didnt happen in the 90s

sure it did.... Bone thugs topped sales and beat beatles records

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:35 PM | Message # 35

Emcees
The best-selling album of 1990 was Rhythm Nation 1814, by Janet Jackson.
The best-selling album of 1991 was Mariah Carey, by Mariah Carey.
The best-selling album of 1992 was Ropin' the Wind, by Garth Brooks.
The best-selling album of 1993 was The Bodyguard Soundtrack.
The best-selling album of 1994 was The Sign, by Ace of Base .
The best-selling album of 1995 was Cracked Rear View, by Hootie and the Blowfish.
The best-selling album of 1996 was Jagged Little Pill, by Alanis Morissette.
The best-selling album of 1997 was Spice, by Spice Girls.
The best-selling album of 1998 was Titanic Soundtrack.
The best selling album of 1999 was Millennium, by Backstreet Boys.

2002 the eminem show is the first hip hop i see to top album charts

The World Is Yours
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:44 PM | Message # 36

Emcees
Quote (ill)
The best-selling album of 1990 was Rhythm Nation 1814, by Janet Jackson.
The best-selling album of 1991 was Mariah Carey, by Mariah Carey.
The best-selling album of 1992 was Ropin' the Wind, by Garth Brooks.
The best-selling album of 1993 was The Bodyguard Soundtrack.
The best-selling album of 1994 was The Sign, by Ace of Base .
The best-selling album of 1995 was Cracked Rear View, by Hootie and the Blowfish.
The best-selling album of 1996 was Jagged Little Pill, by Alanis Morissette.
The best-selling album of 1997 was Spice, by Spice Girls.
The best-selling album of 1998 was Titanic Soundtrack.
The best selling album of 1999 was Millennium, by Backstreet Boys.

OK, maybe it wasnt at the very top but it smashed records and won Grammys and shit, think it went 9X platinum...... my point is, is that HipHop was popular then and doing just fine and people were doing it for the love of the music and culture rather than fortune and fame

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 12:47 PM | Message # 37

Emcees
yeah i get you, and thats what i mean people still are, who gives a shit if lil wayne tops albums there are more artists doing it for the love now then before i think

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 1:30 PM | Message # 38

Heads
well lil wayne represents us love it or not people won't digg deep for real shit the corporate masters put hip hop then people thinks its hip hop its simple by the way you peeps need to check my article it fits well to this topic http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/blog/2008-10-13-2

eboyd Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 3:38 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Sorry to go back on an old comment, but it seems I missed a lot. Letha, you said new kids don't do shit but make it worse? I'm not talking like 15 year olds, but like early 20's. Blu is 23 (maybe 24 now) Jay Electronica is about the same, Elzhi might be a little older, and there are A TON of young underground cats. Look no further than this group of the artists we have -- me, Trigger The Soldier, Pensmoke, PNoble, LLyRiC, etc., not to mention those that are getting into it -- most of us are in our late teens/early 20's. PNOBLE IS 14! I'm 21, Trig is turning 18 soon, LLyRiC is like 16 or 17, Mark (EmSeed) is getting into recording and is a few months younger than me, Aru Navi is 16 or 17, etc., and that is just in a group of 300 people! Imagine taking count of all the real hip hop artists in the world! Idk if you realize this, but there are more heads on that real shit than the fake, but most don't care as much as we do or they are lazy as fuck. This movement suffers from the lazy man's syndrome. Seriously though, everywhere I go I hear people talk about they love hip hop with meaning but they hate that Lil Wayne shit. My good friend who I am about to start training who I hadn't seen in a while doesn't care that much, but our convo just kind of slipped in that direction and he said "man, I HATE Lil Wayne." Out of like 50 people at the studio I go to (and these are almost all under age teens), I've heard maybe 3 people who actually like Wayne. The rest are either on that West Coast, the REAL south shit (ie Scarface, Dead Prez, Outkast), golden age hip hop, or underground. Some aren't even that big on hip hop, but much prefer, say, Immortal Technique to Lil Wayne when listening to hip hop. Trust me, new cats are the key. Unfortunately you have to fit the formula and follow Lil Gayne's lead to get into that industry. Trig was telling us all a while back that he sent his mixtape to UMG and they sent him a letter back saying he's a very talented rapper, but he's "not commercial enough." Just wait for that attitude to bite them in the ass because people are getting tired of the Lil Waynes and Soulja Boys of the music industry. No experienced artist will lead us to the promised land though. In essence, we need to basically start from scratch with an all new supporting cast of emcees. Then and only then, coupled with hip hop getting more complex, will we prevail over corporate bullshit America.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 3:42 PM | Message # 40

Emcees
word erik but i think jay elec is 32 haha or something like that

The World Is Yours
Aristotle Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 4:59 PM | Message # 41

OGs
Jay Elec will save hip-hop
and he's was 31 last time i checked

Youtube Channel
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 6:25 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (Menace)
god look at the state of hip hop it gone downhill for the past 10 years you barley recognize it it almost merged whit the pop world as Nas said it hip hop as a culture is dead we feel just the spirit of it but its dead and the music is dead too

the culture can be recreated in other places though, as long as there are people who feel oppressed, or want to express their creativity through poetry, music, art there will always be hip hop.

Quote (eboyd)
Sorry to go back on an old comment, but it seems I missed a lot. Letha, you said new kids don't do shit but make it worse? I'm not talking like 15 year olds, but like early 20's. Blu is 23 (maybe 24 now) Jay Electronica is about the same, Elzhi might be a little older, and there are A TON of young underground cats. Look no further than this group of the artists we have -- me, Trigger The Soldier, Pensmoke, PNoble, LLyRiC, etc., not to mention those that are getting into it -- most of us are in our late teens/early 20's. PNOBLE IS 14! I'm 21, Trig is turning 18 soon, LLyRiC is like 16 or 17, Mark (EmSeed) is getting into recording and is a few months younger than me, Aru Navi is 16 or 17, etc., and that is just in a group of 300 people! Imagine taking count of all the real hip hop artists in the world! Idk if you realize this, but there are more heads on that real shit than the fake, but most don't care as much as we do or they are lazy as fuck. This movement suffers from the lazy man's syndrome. Seriously though, everywhere I go I hear people talk about they love hip hop with meaning but they hate that Lil Wayne shit. My good friend who I am about to start training who I hadn't seen in a while doesn't care that much, but our convo just kind of slipped in that direction and he said "man, I HATE Lil Wayne." Out of like 50 people at the studio I go to (and these are almost all under age teens), I've heard maybe 3 people who actually like Wayne. The rest are either on that West Coast, the REAL south shit (ie Scarface, Dead Prez, Outkast), golden age hip hop, or underground. Some aren't even that big on hip hop, but much prefer, say, Immortal Technique to Lil Wayne when listening to hip hop. Trust me, new cats are the key. Unfortunately you have to fit the formula and follow Lil Gayne's lead to get into that industry. Trig was telling us all a while back that he sent his mixtape to UMG and they sent him a letter back saying he's a very talented rapper, but he's "not commercial enough." Just wait for that attitude to bite them in the ass because people are getting tired of the Lil Waynes and Soulja Boys of the music industry. No experienced artist will lead us to the promised land though. In essence, we need to basically start from scratch with an all new supporting cast of emcees. Then and only then, coupled with hip hop getting more complex, will we prevail over corporate bullshit America.

NtG is 15 i think and from the beats i've heard from him he's really good.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 6:33 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Oh that's right. AyDee's about the same age too and Psyntific is 23.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 6:36 PM | Message # 44

Emcees
see so hip hop doesnt need saving cos we already here biggrin lol

The World Is Yours
ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 7:15 PM | Message # 45

Emcees
just killed the thread dry

The World Is Yours
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Who's Gonna Save HipHop??? ((Will the stench of garbage rap simmer down this year?))
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: