[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Most Influentual Rap Album ((Opinions))
Most Influentual Rap Album
ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 5:13 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
I think the chronic or ready to die.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Acekat00o Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 6:20 AM | Message # 2

Heads
most influential for me or for the world?

36 Chambers

Graffiti
eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 2:10 PM | Message # 3

Removed
Illmatic... and that is indisputable. Next subject.
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 3:38 PM | Message # 4

Rappers
Quote (eboyd)
Illmatic... and that is indisputable. Next subject.

why not paid in full?

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 3:57 PM | Message # 5

Removed
OK, so PIF and 36 Chambers are arguable, but Illmatic is pretty damn solid as the most influential album in hip hop history and anyone who disagrees can have their opinions but majority rules. And what is funny is I don't even really like Illmatic very much.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 10:37 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
I like illmatic but really i think there is no "Most Influentual" yet....
I mean Illmatic hasnt really influeneced anyone good that has actually come out and said "Illmatic influenced me".
I mean who influenced illmatic????? Kurtis Blow, LL Cool J, Run DMC, the like.....
So really the most influentual would be whoever influenced Dre, Nas, Snoop, Tupac, del, Biggie, the like.....
That is why i dont think illmatic is the most influentual.
I guess it depends what ur opinion of "influence" is exactly.

eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 11:00 PM | Message # 7

Removed
WHA???? Illmatic has influenced almost every dope real hip hop artist since it's release!!! Blu has said that it was a big influence on his style for example and it has even retroactively influenced the likes of artists who came before him like the Wu, Kool G Rap, Rakim, KRS, etc. KRS even called Nas the best hip hop artist ever and said he has influenced him. i think Common said it influenced him too and i recall a lot of underground artists citing it as their heaviest influence. hell, even The Gayme cited Illmatic as his heaviest influence. The Chronic? Ready To Die? anyone who influenced Dre? who died and made Dre the most influential and important artist in hip hop? sorry, but no. how many g-funk style beats do you hear to this day? how many gangsta albums that are actually good do you hear anymore? even Snoop's bitch ass sold out.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 11:13 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
who died and made Dre the most influential and important artist in hip hop?

If Im taking this as i hear it, I believe that the chronic was relesed before Illmatic?
Are you saying that Nas died down and made dre popular??
I just dont get ur arguement.
say it smaller words.
Its too comlicated.
Im dumb i guess

eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 11:35 PM | Message # 9

Removed
just because an album came before another album doesn't make it more influential. if that was true, the Sugarhill Gang's album would be hip hop's most influential album. that is obviously bullshit.

my point is this: Illmatic is unanimously hip hop's greatest album of all time. if you asked everyone in the world that is a serious hip hop head, a majority of them would say Illmatic is the greatest album in hip hop. a good amount of these people are emcees who get their style from Illmatic. listen to all the underground releases since Illmatic. 60% of all underground releases, and 60% of all releases that are from artists that are worth a damn for that matter, were heavily influenced by Illmatic. Infinite, for example, was influenced by Illmatic. most importantly, underground-wise, everyone in NY was influenced by Illmatic (maybe on the exception of Aesop Rock). listen to some more underground and you will see what i mean. hit me up on my email if you want any recommendations (erikboyd60@hotmail.com).

Deadly-Sin Date: Wednesday, 31/Dec/08, 0:51 AM | Message # 10

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
the Wu

Well no not all of the wu-tang has said
Nas was the best. Rza said Kool G Rap was
and GFK said that Big.L was the best
only Gza(i think),Rae. masta killa and meth
said nas the best thing in hip-hop
it was on there website about 2 years back
eboyd_ Date: Wednesday, 31/Dec/08, 1:51 AM | Message # 11

Removed
regardless, Illmatic was influential on all of their work after it came out.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 31/Dec/08, 3:12 AM | Message # 12

Emcees
True.
I think Illmatic was a great album.
I mean alot of things are influentual.....
Idk.
It depends what exactly and who exactly your talking about....
I really dont know its contriverisal..

eboyd_ Date: Wednesday, 31/Dec/08, 4:59 AM | Message # 13

Removed
Look, it isn't controversial that Illmatic, upon a vote from all real hip hop heads in the world, would be considered hip hop's greatest album of all time. I personally prefer Liquid Swords (and many other albums for that matter) but if you were to ask all hip hop heads -- and I'm only including people that know what the fuck they are talking about -- what is the greatest album of all time, they will say Illmatic. Now, what album are most artists going to therefore be influenced by? It is the favorite album of most hip hop artists, especially those from NY, so it is immediately going to be the most influential because these artists are going to want to sound like it. Now there are exceptions, like I am a huge fan, as I said, of LS, but my musical style, if you didn't notice already, is WAAAY different (my biggest influence isn't even musical and I take a lot of my actual musical style from Saul Williams, Aesop Rock, Del The Funkee Homosapien and Kool Keith), but that is rare.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 31/Dec/08, 5:27 AM | Message # 14

Emcees
Ok i see what you mean now..
My personal favorite is the chronic, but in terms of Influentualism that influences my writing and things of that sort it would either be
"2pacalypse Now"
"Niggas for life"
"Ready to die"
"Operation Stackola"
"The Infoamous".

Those influence me the most.
Like when I write i can turn those albums on and just write while listening (not so i can bite rhymes) just to give me ideas on what I feel like wrting about, Especially 2pacalypse now and The infamous, as they just have clever rhymes and whatnot...
Anyways i know what you mean

Acekat00o Date: Wednesday, 31/Dec/08, 5:32 AM | Message # 15

Heads
bla bla bla

Graffiti
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Most Influentual Rap Album ((Opinions))
Search: