[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Hip Hop's Main Problem Right Now Is...
Hip Hop's Main Problem Right Now Is...
ill Date: Sunday, 11/Jan/09, 1:32 PM | Message # 31

Emcees
yes yes but there where probaly people in the 60s like mannnnn i wish someone would crank that! not literaly but you get me? theres always gonna be a group unhappy about the popular music i guess its our turn, except now its become popular to like indy bands, man you should here the shit that gets on the radio now just because its indy, its like the people like it because its shit?

i dunno man but all we can do is be a contributer as well as a consumer of music, not just a consumer and be a radio product

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Sunday, 11/Jan/09, 1:42 PM | Message # 32

Heads
In the 60's you had a good balance though. You had those guys and you had plenty of artists you could dance to. American Bandstand didn't die in the 50's. It was still well alive into the 60's and don't forget that James Brown was around in the 60's making funky, catchy rhythms that people everywhere were dancing to, white or black. There has always been a balance and that balance today has disappeared. It's either or today. What happened to bands like Duke Ellington's being able to make dance music that was just as complex as their slower, more artful (for lack of a better description) stuff? Even looking back to the 80's, KRS had a track called "You Must Learn" and it was both a party track and an educational track. This is all sidetracking from the main subject though. My point is it is possible to please everybody, but labels today are so selfish that they won't allow it because they don't want their listeners to liberate themselves.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Hip Hop's Main Problem Right Now Is...
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: