[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » Feminism (This might belong in culture but idk?)
Feminism
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 7:42 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Can a man be a feminist? What is your definition of feminism? If you are a feminist, why?

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 7:45 PM | Message # 2

Heads
well i thought feminism was originally fighting for women to have equal rights, but i think some women got all hardcore about it lol.

if its just fighting for women to have equal rights than i think men can be feminists

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 7:47 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
What about how women are objectified in American and western society? If you are against that, would you be considered a feminist?
It's hard for me not to want to see naked chicks on billboards, but I realized that it really makes "normal" girls who aren't extremely sexy feel like shit. They put a standard on beauty. That's kind of fucked up, isn't it???

ThaScience Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 7:55 PM | Message # 4

OGs
"some girls get too emotional fanatic extremist" ^_^

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 12:28 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
But that doesn't bug you that women are treated the way they are in the world?

J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 12:36 PM | Message # 6

Heads
riddle me this, why do all feminists tend to be either pretty ugly or pretty bitchy? The most influential feminists are both. :p Nah I'm playing.

livin life like some cheesy movie
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 1:32 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (J-Breakz)
riddle me this, why do all feminists tend to be either pretty ugly or pretty bitchy? The most influential feminists are both. Nah I'm playing.

Lololol I'm trying to get with a Pom-Pom girl right now who is realllllly hot but she is really smart. she is even into real hiphop. she riddles me....

J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 1:37 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Lololol I'm trying to get with a Pom-Pom girl right now who is realllllly hot but she is really smart. she is even into real hiphop. she riddles me....

get a hair cut and start lifting weights.

J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 1:37 PM | Message # 9

Heads
...u damn hippy

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 1:54 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
Quote (J-Breakz)
get a hair cut and start lifting weights.

haha you would think she wants that. And she probably does. Her and I have this sort of secret relationship thing. We talk about shit that baseball players are too dumb to think about because they are too busy talking about their 9 inch dicks. She is the shit.. But I think she is too shallow to swollow her pride and be with me. Fuck girls man.

J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 2:37 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Her and I have this sort of secret relationship thing.

It's called a friendship and if u r on her nuts too hard then she's going to think of u just as a friend.

What's up wit ppl here making friends with the girls they like? You don't do that because then u just get put in the friend category.

abanks47 Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 3:04 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
feminism to me is the fight for equality for female rights. if a man thinks they are treated unfairly than i dont see why they can't be a feminist.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But that doesn't bug you that women are treated the way they are in the world?

some parts it bothers me but its part of some countries culture, tradition or religion so i wouldn't want to step on some shit thats been practiced and accepted for 100s or 1000s of years. I personally treat females no differently than any other cat, accept for the ones i want to touch me privates

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

ThaScience Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 5:26 PM | Message # 13

OGs
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
she is even into real hiphop

real hip hop is a social construct. theres good hip hop and theres bad hip hop. jmo.

a few weeks ago this tunisian guy was telling some funny shit in class.
it was only me and him and like 9 girls that day, and he says to me, without whispring,
"girls are made for the bed and kitchen, fuck all this feminism lezbian bullshit, mrs "im tryin to get a career" *he then lol*" i was like WTF.
and then the korean girl next to him, she was tryin hard not to lol as well, i could see the grin on her face.. noone else heard.
the teacher was rambling on about some womens right at the time, funny as hell with his accent on top of it.

Menace Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 5:46 PM | Message # 14

Heads
I personally don't support bourgeoisie feminism because what we see now days is that . Bourgeoisie feminism that kind of 'feminism' who's goal is to liberate women so they could be just as callous, aggressive and cynical as men. That's why so many see modern feminists in a bad view . As for the original question YES of course men can be feminists i am one myself i am not a mainstream one though .

Mumia Abu Jamal the famous political prisoner and social/political activist is himself a feminist and he is a man .

Joker13 Date: Monday, 15/Feb/10, 9:43 AM | Message # 15

Emcees
only thing a woman should be doing is getting me a sandwich with extra ham

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » Feminism (This might belong in culture but idk?)
Search: