[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » The police. (General opinons)
The police.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 25/Feb/11, 1:35 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
What do you think of the police? Just your opinion. A little detail too..
What do you think of them, and why? Do you think we need police, or at least police in the current form it is in?

No "FUCK THE POLICE" posts unless there is detail behind it.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
NtG Date: Friday, 25/Feb/11, 2:01 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Yes we need police, They are generally good, it's just the paranoid/crooked cops that piss people off. If they didnt have to meet a certain number of arrests at the end of the month they would probably be better

[deleted]
eboyd Date: Friday, 25/Feb/11, 2:34 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
No "FUCK THE POLICE" posts unless there is detail behind it.

damn! i came in here to post the track too :D

Quote (NtG)
Yes we need police, They are generally good, it's just the paranoid/crooked cops that piss people off. If they didnt have to meet a certain number of arrests at the end of the month they would probably be better

i think the middle east right now is a testament to our lack of need for an official police force. anarchist groups throughout the region have been providing neighborhood watch-like services while the police have actually become the criminals and their services have been remarkably efficient. i am a proponent of at least a more collectivized and voluntary police force of some sort, though i have not really thought through what i want in terms of societal security.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Friday, 25/Feb/11, 4:08 PM | Message # 4

Heads
The institutionalized police force as we know it today is one of the biggest lies the state and statism in general shoves our throats, alongside the prison system which is a school for criminals as Kropotkin once noted. Unlike others like me, I'm not on that "punk rock" ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards) bullshit, individuals are diverse, while the system makes them fat pigs with no emotions, others retain and keep their own integrity, it depends on what kind of person are you. As the need for a "legal" police force, come on LOL, just look around the world they do NOTHING but enforce criminality rather than fighting it. I can go ranting about crime,prisons,police etc. but its kinda useless, the thing we need as rational humans is a voluntary militia system in which human beings behave as human beings and not as cogs in a machine.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 25/Feb/11, 9:22 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
damn! i came in here to post the track too

Lmao I knew someone was gonna do that...

Quote (eboyd)
i think the middle east right now is a testament to our lack of need for an official police force.

Not trying to sound naive (even though I am naive to this specific subject) or pessimistic, but do you really think a society like ours (the west) would work without a police force?
I mean I understand what you're saying, but I don't see it as being plausible. I think what would work best is rather than.. well... here.
I live in Oklahoma City (a suburb of it, but basically oklahoma city. i'm within 15 minutes of city limits) so I think rather than having one big police force that covers the whole city, and is divided into wards, it should be similar to neighborhood watch programs.
There was a shooting the other night on my street. Drug deal gone bad. I didn't see the actual shots, I was near a front window facing the shooting, so I ducked down at first, but then I looked up, and I saw a dude running out of his house and helping the guy that got shot. I took the police about 10 minutes to get there, and by the time they were there, the shooter was gone and the victim was already being taken care of by local residents.
My point: neighborhoods take care of each other more than actual police forces do. All the police really did was investigate. So unless it's a high scale bank heist or some shit, I don't think that police are really needed either.
People know their neighborhoods better than the police do, so why not just have communities come together and appoint a few people to be the leaders of the crime fighting board, or whatever?
This also dabbles into gun control.. Which I am strongly opposed to.

Anyways, I think we're on the same page... what do you think?

Quote (Menace)
The institutionalized police force as we know it today is one of the biggest lies the state and statism in general shoves our throats,

Genuine question, just for clarification.. what do you mean by "lie"? The whole protect and serve thing?

Quote (Menace)
Unlike others like me, I'm not on that "punk rock" ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards) bullshit, individuals are diverse, while the system makes them fat pigs with no emotions, others retain and keep their own integrity, it depends on what kind of person are you.

i was on shit like that for a while but then I realized it's not worth it to be angry and fighting all the time...
In the words of stevo from SLC punk "Fighting is war, and war implies extreme government, because wars are fought to enforce rules, and so even a rule like 'freedom' is still a rule imposed on someone else.. Thus not being anarchy."
So isn't this big war that punks are fighting fascist within itself, in a way?

Menace Date: Saturday, 26/Feb/11, 6:12 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
My point: neighborhoods take care of each other more than actual police forces do. All the police really did was investigate. So unless it's a high scale bank heist or some shit, I don't think that police are really needed either.
People know their neighborhoods better than the police do, so why not just have communities come together and appoint a few people to be the leaders of the crime fighting board, or whatever?

That's the voluntary militia system i was saying about, that's how the people organized in the Spanish revolution, revolutionary Ukraine and now in 2011 the people in Egypt, Tunisia etc. So you sound like a hypocrite when you say it couldn't work in the US and then go talking about how it would work in neighborhoods in the US LOL :D . And you are a juvenile anarchist, look, you proposed the same thing as i did but in another words, you little cock teasing bitch .

Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Genuine question, just for clarification.. what do you mean by "lie"? The whole protect and serve thing?

Yeah, the whole " the state is needed to protect social order in a society thing" LOL :D the police force is just a part of that "state" everyone loves to be ruled by, when we all know there are other forms of societal organization that would work without forming such a huge bureaucratic state.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
i was on shit like that for a while but then I realized it's not worth it to be angry and fighting all the time...
In the words of stevo from SLC punk "Fighting is war, and war implies extreme government, because wars are fought to enforce rules, and so even a rule like 'freedom' is still a rule imposed on someone else.. Thus not being anarchy."
So isn't this big war that punks are fighting fascist within itself, in a way?

Very true, but there are some punks that are genuine about their beliefs and hate the childish terribleness of the scene, i wrote an article about Anarchism and Punk in Romanian and i will translate it soon, so all in all, a subculture can't substitute for an entire philosophy, in the end "punk" caused more damage to anarchism as a political philosophy rather then helping it.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 26/Feb/11, 9:43 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
That's the voluntary militia system i was saying about, that's how the people organized in the Spanish revolution, revolutionary Ukraine and now in 2011 the people in Egypt, Tunisia etc. So you sound like a hypocrite when you say it couldn't work in the US and then go talking about how it would work in neighborhoods in the US LOL . And you are a juvenile anarchist, look, you proposed the same thing as i did but in another words, you little cock teasing bitch .

Lol I realized that after I posted it..
But thinking in plausible terms, I don't see that happening anytime soon outside of cities like Compton where the police are virtually non-existant anyways. I read somewhere that the Compton police force disbanded a few years ago and now it is under LA's jurisdiction but they don't bother because by the time cops show up, it's too late... Erik would know more, the whole thing I read might have been bullshit.

Quote (Menace)
Yeah, the whole " the state is needed to protect social order in a society thing" LOL the police force is just a part of that "state" everyone loves to be ruled by, when we all know there are other forms of societal organization that would work without forming such a huge bureaucratic state.

shit you just reminded me of a Michael Parenti speech from the beginning of a song by Choking victim... Michael Parenti said "the police's only function is social control.. to maintain that overall system, to maintain social control."

Quote (Menace)
Very true, but there are some punks that are genuine about their beliefs and hate the childish terribleness of the scene, i wrote an article about Anarchism and Punk in Romanian and i will translate it soon, so all in all, a subculture can't substitute for an entire philosophy, in the end "punk" caused more damage to anarchism as a political philosophy rather then helping it.

all in all I think "punk" is bullshit... i mean the whole "i'm a punk you're not" thing. I know some conservatives that like punk music, i know black people that like punk, old people, young people, etc. i look like a god damn hippie (I wear tye-dyes and jeans alot and my hair is generally nasty looking) but i listen to mostly nothing but punk and hiphop.
anyways, i'm just saying that I think saying "i'm punk" and then saying "i'm also an anarchist who is opposed to racism/sexism/etc" is a paradox. saying you're punk is classifying and confining yourself to one label.

Menace Date: Sunday, 27/Feb/11, 3:49 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But thinking in plausible terms, I don't see that happening anytime soon outside of cities like Compton where the police are virtually non-existant anyways. I read somewhere that the Compton police force disbanded a few years ago and now it is under LA's jurisdiction but they don't bother because by the time cops show up, it's too late... Erik would know more, the whole thing I read might have been bullshit.

That's where a militia system will work very nicely in fact, the Black panthers created militias inside communities such as Compton etc. and in time, disbanded the gangs there, but we all know what the US government did to the BPP and their legacy.

El_Matador Date: Sunday, 27/Feb/11, 5:12 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Yes we need police cos it gives us illusions of the justice. But nothing more than that.

Quote (Menace)
today is one of the biggest lies

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 4:25 AM | Message # 10

Heads
generally if u wanna bee a cop ur either a total dickhead or a scumbag

livin life like some cheesy movie
brazen Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 11:56 AM | Message # 11

Rappers
great band LOL

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ritesofpasage Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 2:17 PM | Message # 12

DJs
We will always need police. We can't get driving straight without ppl being run down by drunks, or hitting other ppl's cars or other ppl and driving off.

Now what are we supposed to do about child molesters and serial killers. We are really not ready.

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 3:00 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (ritesofpasage)
We will always need police. We can't get driving straight without ppl being run down by drunks, or hitting other ppl's cars or other ppl and driving off.

Now what are we supposed to do about child molesters and serial killers. We are really not ready.

who is to say we need authority figures for this purpose? centuries of having a police force has proven that the majority of what they do simply leads to corruption, whether on a large or small scale. for example, the traffic court system has become more of a business in which people are coerced to pay ridiculous amounts of money simply for making a minor mistake of some sort while driving. there are other ways to regulate traffic that are far less coercive. in fact, there is a town that is living proof that the more you remove rules from the roads, the more cautious people naturally become:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5290564n

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ritesofpasage Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 4:26 PM | Message # 14

DJs
In the Netherslands sure. In the United States where this happens.....no

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
Menace Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 4:28 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (ritesofpasage)
In the Netherslands sure. In the United States where this happens.....no

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » The police. (General opinons)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: