[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: J-Breakz, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Knowledge » General/Misc. News » #occupy (#wallstreet #occupywallstreet)
#occupy
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 26/Oct/11, 10:51 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But why should we accept the label "proletariat"? in an ideal society, would there even be a proletariat and a bourgeoisie? i'm kind of opposed to both terms, I just view the working class in America as being the "exploited" rather than a group of certain kinds of people who are exploited, because there are rich people who are exploited here as well.. i mean like erik said in another discussion, i think it was him at least, CEO's make SO much more money than anyone else in the corporation, including high ranking officers... technically, aren't they being exploited as well? it's not just the proletariat, it's everybody, and to me, if a revolution were to occur, it shouldnt be about rich vs poor, it should be about people-who-have-been-fucked vs. the fuckers.

Because the term proletariat is based on an accurate assessment of our current social situation. Marx himself sought to eliminate class divisions altogether, which meant an elimination of a division between the bourgeoisie and proletariat classes and, therefore, an elimination of those classes altogether. Marx himself defined his theory of the final step of Communism as a "stateless, classless society". Marxist-Leninists define the proletariat or working class as

"...that class of modern wage labourers who, having no means of production of their own, are reduced to selling their labour power in order to live (Friedrich Engels: Note to the 1888 English Edition of: Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels: 'Manifesto of the Communist Party', in: 'Selected Works', Volume 1; London; 1943; p. 204)

http://www.mltranslations.org/Britain/Marxclass.htm

Quote (ilike3000bacons)
but like I always say, why worry about it? i highly doubt we will go another 1,000 years without blowing ourselves up and ruining our planet, and if our planet is ruined, we can't go anywhere. i do agree that you should try to better the lives of others, but i mean shit... my logical side is like "but why?" because like i said, we're gonna be done within 1000 years anyways, you know?

So if that's the case, let's expedite the process and just nuke the entire planet now then.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 03/Nov/11, 7:41 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Yup, Erik's right.

Quote (eboyd)
So if that's the case, let's expedite the process and just nuke the entire planet now then.

Or just kill yourself, but wait, we really don't want that, in fact we LOVE to live our life's. That's why we take stance against injustice and inequality, because we want to make our LIVES and inherently our world better. So yeah, if that's the case, then lead by example and either kill yourself or quit your job and live in the woods. But of course, no sane person will do that.

Menace Date: Saturday, 05/Nov/11, 11:54 PM | Message # 33

Heads

Forum » Knowledge » General/Misc. News » #occupy (#wallstreet #occupywallstreet)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: