[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » What is everyone's opinion on Gucci Mane?
What is everyone's opinion on Gucci Mane?
howsyourmom Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:30 PM | Message # 1

Rappers
I'm sure everyone on here hates him to death haha but what's really good?

Yes, he is a pretty bad rapper.
Yes, a lot of times he doesn't make sense.
Yes, he makes retarded noises all the time.

but I love some of his music haha.

a year or two ago i'm sure i'd be so stubborn i'd hear 15 seconds of one of his songs and hate him. but now i like music for what it is... music. don't get me wrong, i hate a lot of shit in the south but come on. Gucci Mane's beats are always so good, his flow is always proper, he says some funny ass lines and his hooks are always so catchy. so what if his lyrics are pretty shit and he has many songs about the same content? you got to overlook that sometimes because their are many aspects that make music.

believe me, i hate a lot of rappers but for some reason I always thought Gucci wasn't too bad, maybe it is Zaytoven and Drumma Boy's beats that makes me like Gucci, maybe it is the stupid ass shit he says that make me die laughing. i dunno but what i do know is despite all the underground, rare and real hip hop i bump, Gucci gets spins with all them.

RIP Toba Chung
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/8-1668-1

Message edited by howsyourmom - Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:31 PM
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:34 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Meh I cant stand him...people in Omaha overplay Gucci Mane NOWADAYS, they never started doing this until the summer.....My city is a victim of the commerical trends

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:35 PM | Message # 3

Heads
..........no

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:45 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
WACKNESS WACKNESS WACKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he makes soulja boy look like GZA

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:47 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
WACKNESS WACKNESS WACKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he makes soulja boy look like GZA

I wouldnt go that far.....he makes soulja boy look like....soulja boy

Sick With It
howsyourmom Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:52 PM | Message # 6

Rappers
The irony is that the underground is flooded with the same amount of garbage as the mainstream but everyone overlooks that because every underground artist has a hip hop fanbase full of elitist assholes who thinks their rapper is the second coming of Jesus.

Just because you stray from the mainstream doesn't mean your good, in fact in many cases it only means you suck and lack the necessary skill to obtain mass appeal. Just like the complete polar opposite can happen for other rappers (Soulja Boy). Gucci Mane's skill doesn't amount to his success but who cares? Not me.

Earlier in the day, I might play "Carlton Fisk - All My Life feat. Inspectah Deck", real underground shit. Then later I might be bumping Jody Breeze, Gorilla Zoe, Gucci Mane & Project Pat. But I still don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about what I play...

I knew you were all gonna be like "WACK", "TRASH", "WORST RAPPER" etc. and all that dumb shit. I know you're all entitled to your own opinions but good luck getting girls in the mood by playing some shit like Atmosphere.

Gucci Mane > TI

RIP Toba Chung

Message edited by howsyourmom - Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:53 PM
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:57 PM | Message # 7

Heads
??
We never said u cant listen to him...hes just not my cup of tea (HAHA beat u to it Erik)
I dont care if anybody plays him if we was chillin or something, hes just not in my top list of MCs
Its like I dont listen to him, my cousins play him 24/7, people at my school have him on their ringtones
It doesnt bother me
the only thing I dont like is how everybody in my city jumped on his nuts so quickly, people who was saying he sucked before he got all this popularity r on his jock now, I hate that
so I dont hate him, I just hate the people who r dick riding him

Sick With It
howsyourmom Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:02 PM | Message # 8

Rappers
Quote (Lord_Meth)
??
We never said u cant listen to him...hes just not my cup of tea (HAHA beat u to it Erik)
I dont care if anybody plays him if we was chillin or something, hes just not in my top list of MCs
Its like I dont listen to him, my cousins play him 24/7, people at my school have him on their ringtones
It doesnt bother me
the only thing I dont like is how everybody in my city jumped on his nuts so quickly, people who was saying he sucked before he got all this popularity r on his jock now, I hate that
so I dont hate him, I just hate the people who r dick riding him

all i am saying is if you stray away from the median you don't lose your "supreme hip hop head" crown or whatever the fuck.

if it sounds good, PLAY IT, whether he is rapping about the same thing again and again or making dumb noises. if it sounds good, PLAY IT.

it's music for your ears, not your brain, don't overanalyze any of his music because it is music to get people up not get people thinking.

RIP Toba Chung
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:03 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
ATL dickrides him very hard

Uncharted Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:06 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
put this in rant forum, the shit he says are catchy and funny ass hell though

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:08 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (howsyourmom)
all i am saying is if you stray away from the median you don't lose your "supreme hip hop head" crown or whatever the fuck.
if it sounds good, PLAY IT, whether he is rapping about the same thing again and again or making dumb noises. if it sounds good, PLAY IT.
it's music for your ears, not your brain, don't overanalyze any of his music because it is music to get people up not get people thinking.

I know the difference between party music and chill music

If Im at a party or hanging with my friends fuck it throw on some hype shit, I dont care

If Im chillin at home or shooting around at practice or walking home, I want my music to put me in a vibe and chill me out

I understand wat u mean, I kno when to seperate my music to social music, if u want to call it that

Sick With It
Menace Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:20 PM | Message # 12

Heads
this kind of music is killing hip hop to much air play for this kind of music is killing everything

ill Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 4:39 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
mainstream or underground i dont care i bump music i like, maybe its an american thing cos theres some grime kinda like this i bump but i really dont see the appeal in this. like i said maybe its cultural cos i dont understand like this but then maybe you dont understand liking this

engineeee it! haha serious

dont talk to me about guns
i'll cheif up you on my ones

The World Is Yours
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 1:00 AM | Message # 14

Heads
dude i've never heard a single song from him but with a faggot name like Gucci Mane there's no way im even gonna try to listen to him, even if he does make one or two good songs.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Phean Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 3:07 AM | Message # 15

Watchers
Gucci Mane is wack plain and simple
hell even i think wayne is better then Gucci
and lets face it wayne has no skill or talent what so ever
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » What is everyone's opinion on Gucci Mane?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: