New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Soulja Boy = REAL
Soulja Boy = REAL
Adam Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 7:58 AM | Message # 1

B-Girls

same with lil b. this video proves.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Treach Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 12:01 PM | Message # 2

OGs
glad he understands it

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 2:04 PM | Message # 3

Heads
wow. i actually just gained a lot of respect for Soulja Boy as a person... not at all as a musician of course, but as a person, definitely.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 2:05 PM | Message # 4

Heads
not Lil B though. Lil B actually seems to think what he's doing is real.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 5:39 PM | Message # 5

B-Girls
no he doesn't check his mtv interviews...

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 6:58 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Am I the only one who just heard some bs Soulja Boy music in the background throughout the whole interview?
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 7:10 PM | Message # 7

Heads
lol i think so. listen to what he says. he says that he has heard some real hip hop and what he does sounds NOTHING like what the real hip hop artists do. basically he implies that he can't rap like, nor does he try to, so he understands why people say his music is not real hip hop.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 7:31 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
lol i think so. listen to what he says. he says that he has heard some real hip hop and what he does sounds NOTHING like what the real hip hop artists do. basically he implies that he can't rap like, nor does he try to, so he understands why people say his music is not real hip hop.

Ahh, so he's not mentally challenged? This is all very exhilarating.

Aside from that, that's the thing, I don't actually hear what he's saying, the audio to that video is simply some Soulja boy tune, but ahh well. I guess I'll have to live without having seen him drop some wisdom there :(

Adam Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 10:14 PM | Message # 9

B-Girls
what are you talking about??

ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 1:12 AM | Message # 10

Emcees
But Lil B is dropping songs like "Wonton Soup" just for the sake of dropping them.. that's the thing.

Hiphop=music
Music=Art
Art=Expressions
Lil B just records shit right there on the spot, with little to no editing just for the sake of getting that shit out. Is that the right way of doing things? That's a question that is subjective. So we'll never be able to be like "YEP!" or "NOPE!"
That's totally his thing.
And I could really care less if he calls it hiphop or not. It has that DIY, no holds barred polish over it, and it might be retarded shit, but it's still him just saying whatever the fuck he feels like saying. but that's not just hiphopish. Punk rock has roots in that shit as well. Doing whatever the fuck you want.

So people saying he's this/that for doing exactly what he wants is stupid. DIY/no holds barred/fuck all ethic of doing things is not exclusive to hiphop, so you can't say he is hiphop from that argument.

And musically/lyrically, in terms of writing, nah, he's not hiphop.
But if he wants to call himself hiphop, I'm not gonna stop him. Music taste/opinion is like religion, every single person has their own liiiiittle twist on it. And I just don't wanna take the time out of my day to correct someone on some shit like that unless it's going to effect me personally, or like seriously fuck up the world, you know?

TLDR Lil B is Lil B and whatever he wants to call himself, is his thing. but that doesn't make him hiphop to ME, personally.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 3:54 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But Lil B is dropping songs like "Wonton Soup" just for the sake of dropping them.. that's the thing.

Hiphop=music
Music=Art
Art=Expressions
Lil B just records shit right there on the spot, with little to no editing just for the sake of getting that shit out. Is that the right way of doing things? That's a question that is subjective. So we'll never be able to be like "YEP!" or "NOPE!"
That's totally his thing.
And I could really care less if he calls it hiphop or not. It has that DIY, no holds barred polish over it, and it might be retarded shit, but it's still him just saying whatever the fuck he feels like saying. but that's not just hiphopish. Punk rock has roots in that shit as well. Doing whatever the fuck you want.

So people saying he's this/that for doing exactly what he wants is stupid. DIY/no holds barred/fuck all ethic of doing things is not exclusive to hiphop, so you can't say he is hiphop from that argument.

And musically/lyrically, in terms of writing, nah, he's not hiphop.
But if he wants to call himself hiphop, I'm not gonna stop him. Music taste/opinion is like religion, every single person has their own liiiiittle twist on it. And I just don't wanna take the time out of my day to correct someone on some shit like that unless it's going to effect me personally, or like seriously fuck up the world, you know?

TLDR Lil B is Lil B and whatever he wants to call himself, is his thing. but that doesn't make him hiphop to ME, personally.

Lil B makes music that is so far from what hip hop is and so ignorant that calling it hip hop is an insult to our culture. that's why i get infuriated when he claims his music is hip hop or when he tries to make real hip hop and drops some garbage that he doesn't even bother editing.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 8:04 AM | Message # 12

B-Girls
what is hip hop or real hip hop to erik, because you seem to major in that.

Treach Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 8:06 AM | Message # 13

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Lil B makes music that is so far from what hip hop is and so ignorant that calling it hip hop is an insult to our culture.

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Adam Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 8:11 AM | Message # 14

B-Girls
dude wtf is hip hop to you then, fucking pansy

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 8:19 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Taylor is the most liberal tree-hugger that I E-Know.

Sick With It
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Soulja Boy = REAL
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: