[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Overrated classics albums (Abums with No Income Tax.)
Overrated classics albums
NtG Date: Sunday, 02/Oct/11, 4:24 PM | Message # 46

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
What album can you think of that he did that completely changed hip hop? I really don't feel anything he has done has had that much impact. There may be several rappers that have come out that have rapped with similar styles to him, but that doesn't make any one of his albums a classic. I mean people copied MC Hammer all the time back in the late 80's/early 90's but I wouldn't call any of his albums "classic" or "influential". Lil Wayne and many rappers flow similar, and some may even do it that way because Lil Wayne does it, but that doesn't make any of his albums classic. A classic album is one that changes the perspective of a large demographic of fans and artists alike, whether it's underground or has more of a mass appeal. I mean Illmatic is commonly considered hip hop's quintessential classic album, but that doesn't change the fact that it took over a year for that album to even go gold. You can go up to 20 something year old rappers in the mainstream today and ask them to list the top 10 albums that had an impact on them coming up as an artist and I guarantee a large number of them will have Illmatic somewhere in that list. Wait 10 years and I guarantee none of the Carter albums, not 500 Degreez, not Rebirth, etc., will gain that status.

Ok, ok, I see, I just needed you to clarify what you meant by "impact".

[deleted]
ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 02/Oct/11, 11:18 PM | Message # 47

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Me Against The World is most often considered 2pac's classic album and I do not disagree even though I'm not really into it. Whether or not something is classic is not based on one's opinion though. When you talk about classics you are talking about the impact the album had. By that register, no matter how much we may dislike it, it may make sense that we actually call All Eyez on Me one of 2pac's classics, at which point I'd say it's highly overrated.

Do you think there are different kinds of classics?
In my eyes, 2pacalypse Now, Me against the world, AND All Eyez on Me were all classics. It's obvious that one of them was classic in a much different way. That doesn't make it a bad album by any means.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 3:51 PM | Message # 48

Heads
could you clarify?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

NtG Date: Tuesday, 04/Oct/11, 10:13 PM | Message # 49

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
could you clarify?

I think he means like albums that completely changed the game, but are generally frowned upon by hip-hop heads?

[deleted]
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 04/Oct/11, 10:21 PM | Message # 50

Rappers
all 2pac albums are trash.... they deserve to be frisbees, and the album artwork are good for lining animal cages...

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Menace Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 9:51 AM | Message # 51

Heads
We really need get rid of hipsters, really this website is smelly.

Adam Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 10:22 AM | Message # 52

B-Girls
You really have no clue how much more hipster we could get because this isn't even bad at all.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Menace Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 3:45 PM | Message # 53

Heads
Quote (Adam)
You really have no clue how much more hipster we could get because this isn't even bad at all.

I propose we either close the forum, or just start banning and deleting every hipster and everything with hipster content and start fresh.

LyricalContent Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 3:46 PM | Message # 54

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
What album can you think of that he did that completely changed hip hop? I really don't feel anything he has done has had that much impact. There may be several rappers that have come out that have rapped with similar styles to him, but that doesn't make any one of his albums a classic. I mean people copied MC Hammer all the time back in the late 80's/early 90's but I wouldn't call any of his albums "classic" or "influential". Lil Wayne and many rappers flow similar, and some may even do it that way because Lil Wayne does it, but that doesn't make any of his albums classic. A classic album is one that changes the perspective of a large demographic of fans and artists alike, whether it's underground or has more of a mass appeal. I mean Illmatic is commonly considered hip hop's quintessential classic album, but that doesn't change the fact that it took over a year for that album to even go gold. You can go up to 20 something year old rappers in the mainstream today and ask them to list the top 10 albums that had an impact on them coming up as an artist and I guarantee a large number of them will have Illmatic somewhere in that list. Wait 10 years and I guarantee none of the Carter albums, not 500 Degreez, not Rebirth, etc., will gain that status.
my new theme song

true! I mean you can go back in time and name hundreds of albums that were hot in it's respective time frame but over time simply died, like take for instance Kris Kross they were popular back in the day but look what happened, most cats today don't even know they are alive, same thing! these artists are hot stuff now but where will they be i won't even say 10 years wait 5 and i bet at least 80% of them will be forgotten about. these cats today they are easily lead away by the latest trends and band wagons they have no depth perception at all.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8

Message edited by LyricalContent - Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 3:47 PM
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 4:11 PM | Message # 55

Heads
Good to see you again LyricalContent! Unfortunately that is a direction that this site is headed in as well now man. This site is now filled with fucking hipsters.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

LyricalContent Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 4:16 PM | Message # 56

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Good to see you again LyricalContent! Unfortunately that is a direction that this site is headed in as well now man. This site is now filled with fucking hipsters.

yeah i kind of noticed that, what happened to eveybody E? where did they go i feel like a fish out of water now

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 4:26 PM | Message # 57

Heads
Man, idk. It seems like thing specifically started going wrong when the yt group got deleted.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Bape Date: Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 11:29 PM | Message # 58

Emcees
This song perfectly describes the Civil War state of RHHF.

</3

Message edited by Bape - Wednesday, 05/Oct/11, 11:34 PM
Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 06/Oct/11, 0:11 AM | Message # 59

Heads
LOL!!! ^^^ U should've posted the Boondocks version.

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 06/Oct/11, 4:21 AM | Message # 60

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Man, idk. It seems like thing specifically started going wrong when the yt group got deleted.

no things went wrong when the vbulletin forum we had went down, and even back then it that forum was becoming inactive and that was long before the youtube groups went down. When the vbulletin forum went down we lost abanks, joker, thascience and others, abanks even said he went coz he was so disappointed when the vbulletin forum went down, he came back but left because of the inactivity and lack of replies to threads, i'm sure thats why others left too. of course we lost others because of other reasons as well

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Overrated classics albums (Abums with No Income Tax.)
Search: