[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Epic Racist TV Moment.
Epic Racist TV Moment.
TheHipHopSpot Date: Monday, 09/May/11, 4:13 PM | Message # 1

OGs
its epic

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHipHopSpot
SPC
http://southparkcoalition.webs.com/
Adam Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 7:50 AM | Message # 16

B-Girls
we're all prejudice.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 7:57 AM | Message # 17

Heads
We're not all racist.
You've been taught to be racist. We aren't born as racist pricks.
Do some research Kuzco and you might find that out.

*Paper rips* And thats a wrap!

Sick With It
Adam Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 8:04 AM | Message # 18

B-Girls
Quote (Lord_Meth)
You've been taught to be racist.

where are you getting this from LMFAO

stop trying to convince yourself and actually speak from an alien to earth's point of view.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 12:47 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
Whoa but hey, there is a big difference between prejudice and discrimination, IMO..

I have many different profiles or groups i might put someone in my head, but that doesn't mean I'm going to treat them any different until they give me a reason to.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Greeny Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 1:14 PM | Message # 20

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
so you're bigoted against bigots? :D

lol I was gonna say that!
Quote (Adam)
Hell were all racist just some people project it differently.

Depends what you define racist. One who truly hates certain races or just other races, or one who just likes to say racially insensitive cussword or thinks racist jokes are humorous.
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I don't think it's wrong. It's just nature.

This is widely seen as a fallacy.
Quote (Adam)
In fact just the way those people reacted to that guy in the video kind of pissed me off.

People are pretentious, especially when it comes to racism, they oversell it, but it's very generalizing to say that everyone is racist without grounding it on anything. I don't even think that there are many racists, but there are people who are desperate to prove that they aren't racists, like the people in the video, but that's not a racist thing to do.
Of course, if you break it down to every little detail, and say that if you create any form of imbalance between races, you're a full blown racist, then everyone is a racist.
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
You don't think everyone is prejudice? We all make assumptions and categorize and all that shit. Why is that such a bad thing? Categorization doesn't always have to be bad. Categorization of people, ideas, words, designs, etc is just something our brain does. It makes life easier.

It sure as fuck doesn't make it easier for the black nerd.
And having no moral sense makes life easier too. It's still not a good thing.
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
there is a big difference between prejudice and discrimination, IMO..

Of course.
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I have many different profiles or groups i might put someone in my head, but that doesn't mean I'm going to treat them any different until they give me a reason to.

Categorizing in itself isn't being prejudice, but to give some categories personal values is prejudice. Every black person goes in the black category (and everyone do this, otherwise they wouldn't know what black means) but they don't necessarily steal bikes.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I like working with him.

lol no you don't. I agree that hiring someone because of their race is bullshit though, and it's happening all the time with women and whatnot. But the idea is to integrate them in different workplaces, so that people will stop NOT hiring them because of their gender. It's a hypocritical and bullshit solution, but what you gonna do?

Added (10/May/11, 1:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Greeny)
People are pretentious

didn't ground this on anything lol, just ignore it then.

:)
Menace Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 1:22 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (Adam)
where are you getting this from LMFAO

Sociology, its a proven fact that human nature is not absolute but a product of ones social environment. People are not inherently bad,good,racist etc. To say that people are something is idiotic, people are influenced by their society the institutions in these societies by the relations in societies etc. For example Hitler wasn't born evil nor racist, his experiences in WW1 and the time spent in Berlin made it the monster he was, society around him made him the way he was, the Thule society that he went too and the antisemitic fever of post WW1 Germany made Hitler the way he was. So its not about human nature its about society and most importantly EDUCATION.

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 2:51 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Sociology, its a proven fact that human nature is not absolute but a product of ones social environment. People are not inherently bad,good,racist etc. To say that people are something is idiotic, people are influenced by their society the institutions in these societies by the relations in societies etc. For example Hitler wasn't born evil nor racist, his experiences in WW1 and the time spent in Berlin made it the monster he was, society around him made him the way he was, the Thule society that he went too and the antisemitic fever of post WW1 Germany made Hitler the way he was. So its not about human nature its about society and most importantly EDUCATION.

Menace, my man! About time I get some back up...

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 3:06 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Quote (Greeny)
Categorizing in itself isn't being prejudice, but to give some categories personal values is prejudice.

EXACTLY!

when i see a black person, of course i immediately recognize that they are black (unless of course that fact is not obvious), but i don't see that person any differently than me, and any pre-judgments i make will be neutral, never positive or negative. of course as the person reveals him/herself to me more and more i begin to make more and more judgments, but that has nothing to do with that person's genetic make-up. rather it has to do with actual observations of their actions and character. this isn't prejudice, nor is it based on prejudice.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 10/May/11, 11:31 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (Greeny)
Categorizing in itself isn't being prejudice, but to give some categories personal values is prejudice. Every black person goes in the black category (and everyone do this, otherwise they wouldn't know what black means) but they don't necessarily steal bikes.

Agreed. But if I see some dude (black, white, whatever) in an urban area, with sagging pants, tattoos, all that shit, I'm going to be much more likely to think that he's going to be disrespectful and shit.

Quote (Greeny)
lol no you don't.

All I meant by me saying I like working with him, is that he's a cool guy and all. I have nothing against the guy on a personal level. Hell if he spoke more English and if he listened to my kind of music, I'd probably kick it with him. It's just the premise of the matter that fucks me up.

Greeny Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 0:45 AM | Message # 25

OGs
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
All I meant by me saying I like working with him, is that he's a cool guy and all. I have nothing against the guy on a personal level. Hell if he spoke more English and if he listened to my kind of music, I'd probably kick it with him. It's just the premise of the matter that fucks me up.

I thought he wasn't able to communicate at all..

Added (11/May/11, 0:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But if I see some dude (black, white, whatever) in an urban area, with sagging pants, tattoos, all that shit, I'm going to be much more likely to think that he's going to be disrespectful and shit.

idk, depends on a lot of things. Clothing is a way to express oneself, so I don't think it's prejudice to assume that a gothic tends to be depressed, or whatever they try to say by dressing black (I don't know much about goths, this is just an example), just like it's not prejudice to assume a frowning man isn't in a good mood.
There are always things that make you have expectations to someone else, but they don't need to be grounded on prejudice reasons.

:)
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 1:01 AM | Message # 26

Emcees
Quote (Greeny)
I thought he wasn't able to communicate at all..

Nah I mean they wouldn't hire him if he couldn't communicate... he can speak very limited english. enough to get through an interview, but not enough to have a long conversation with or anything. just sorta like

"How are you?" - Me
"Good. You?" - Him
"What time do you get off work?" - Me
"Ehh... 5."
"Oh, okay. Have we been busy so far?"
"Ehhh... Ya little but...?"

I mean of course he speaks a little, but I don't understand why we didn't hire someone who is just as capable as he is, but also able to take orders and all that shit.. it just makes for scheduling conflicts (he can't trade shifts with someone who does drive thru), harder communitcation, etc.

Quote (eboyd)
any pre-judgments i make will be neutral

I can agree with this from a totally cosmetic point of view. This is going to sound stupid, but consider it..
There are many variables, anything from just body posture, to facial expressions, to the way they speak (like if you hear them talking in another conversation or some shit), etc... These are things we might overlook at first, but our brain makes judgements based on that shit whether we notice it or not.
Sagging your pants, constantly using profanity, wearing "bling" and shit... none of that was bad until society made it bad.

But I mean picture this. You see a guy in McDonald's, wearing dark baggy jeans, a backwards hat, some pawn shop chain around his neck, and a tank top.
I personally would sorta lean towards me thinking he might be quote/unquote "ghetto". BUT that doesn't mean I'm going to be a dick to him, or shun him. I know some of the nicest people from school that dress like that, but they have golden hearts. They might not partake in the best of activities, or hang with the best people, or any of that, but on the inside, they are good people.

So yeah. I make assumptions on people based on cosmetic shit. But I'm never going to flatout be like "Yep, he's wearing G-Unit. He's another ignorant wanna be gangsta." I'll probably just be like "Wow, I bet he listens to some shitty music." but then I'd approach the person and learn about them. The way someone looks doesn't make them a good or bad person..

Unless it's girl. Not gonna lie. If there's a cutie at the drive thru, I unconscioncly find myself being 120103820 times nicer/more respectful. Same with old people. A really old person comes up, and I'm always really careful to count their change correctly and treat them with the utmost respect. Weird shit.

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 3:40 AM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I can agree with this from a totally cosmetic point of view. This is going to sound stupid, but consider it..
There are many variables, anything from just body posture, to facial expressions, to the way they speak (like if you hear them talking in another conversation or some shit), etc... These are things we might overlook at first, but our brain makes judgements based on that shit whether we notice it or not.
Sagging your pants, constantly using profanity, wearing "bling" and shit... none of that was bad until society made it bad.

But I mean picture this. You see a guy in McDonald's, wearing dark baggy jeans, a backwards hat, some pawn shop chain around his neck, and a tank top.
I personally would sorta lean towards me thinking he might be quote/unquote "ghetto". BUT that doesn't mean I'm going to be a dick to him, or shun him. I know some of the nicest people from school that dress like that, but they have golden hearts. They might not partake in the best of activities, or hang with the best people, or any of that, but on the inside, they are good people.

So yeah. I make assumptions on people based on cosmetic shit. But I'm never going to flatout be like "Yep, he's wearing G-Unit. He's another ignorant wanna be gangsta." I'll probably just be like "Wow, I bet he listens to some shitty music." but then I'd approach the person and learn about them. The way someone looks doesn't make them a good or bad person..

Unless it's girl. Not gonna lie. If there's a cutie at the drive thru, I unconscioncly find myself being 120103820 times nicer/more respectful. Same with old people. A really old person comes up, and I'm always really careful to count their change correctly and treat them with the utmost respect. Weird shit.

there are a few limited judgments i make based on the way a person presents themselves in public, but honestly, i'm the type of dude who dresses however the fuck i want. i just dress comfortably most of the time and because i don't care about how i dress, i usually don't judge someone on how they dress. i make only limited judgments based on such superficial things and i only do so based on the reflection that gives me of their character. beyond that, i don't judge unless i've gotten to know the person on a personal level.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 8:10 AM | Message # 28

B-Girls

don't just that guy erik.

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 12:39 PM | Message # 29

Heads
lol i wouldn't. i would of course notice that the way he dressed is radically different from most people, but i wouldn't make any character assumptions based on how he looks. THAT would be prejudiced. i am not a prejudiced person, so i have no reason to do that.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Treach Date: Wednesday, 11/May/11, 2:12 PM | Message # 30

OGs
he seems like an interesting person actually...

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Epic Racist TV Moment.
Search: