[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The Official Gangster Movie Thread (1960 - 2000) ((Post trailer to some of the greatest gangster movies))
The Official Gangster Movie Thread (1960 - 2000)
I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:14 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Tarantino!!!!!!!!
If you haven't seen this movie you need to go hide in a hole.

Pulp Fiction(1994)
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Writer: Quentin Tarantino, Roger Avary
Stars: Too many too list

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:17 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
are YOU TALKING TO ME?

Yo Joker, that's from Taxi Driver, that's not really a gangster movie?

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:19 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
what the fuck his sister got shot he killed his best friend and you want him to think of tactics he was gonna fall so he said fuck and blasted them fools if i fuck up that bad and gotta go out my as well go out in a bang

well HE fucked up he didn't think he wasn't a general thats why i always say there is a lesson to learn from loud mouths like Tony

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:22 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
what the fuck he buys guns off a bunch of dudes and kills people he's a god damn gangster to me

It's a psychoanalysis drama.

Quote (Joker13)
what the fuck his sister got shot he killed his best friend and you want him to think of tactics he was gonna fall so he said fuck and blasted them fools if i fuck up that bad and gotta go out my as well go out in a bang

No see, that's not the message the filmakers wanted to convey. That was the obvious effect, but that wasn't what they wanted people to understand as the point. They knew it would appeal to everyone in that badass way, but the main point was that he was a pawn, a capitalist, greedy, wanted too much, had to much lust for power, lived too fast, and lost sight of his dream. That was the point.

As a matter of fact, that movie was originally going to be a political movie directed by the great Sydney Lummet, but then got picked up by Brian DePalma. It was written by Oliver Stone who is known to do a lot of political movies. It's about more than just street mentality man.

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:27 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Tarantino again.

Resevoir Dogs(1992)
Writer:Quentin Tarantino
Stars: Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Michael Madsen, Tim Roth

Menace Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:29 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
you seriously don't think i know that i was just saying who has time for tactics when things fuck up like that why you explaining what doesn't need to be explained?

naah dude he explained it so you can understand Tony had the opportunity to seize everything he lost because his lust for power and his greediness if he was smart he would lay a out plan and do it whit brains but he didn't and one thing Joker a kingpin never uses DRUGS NEVER even in real life real kingpins don't use it

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:32 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Resevoir Dogs (1997)
Writer:Quentin Tarantino
Stars: Samuel Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Pam Grier

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:35 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
American ME

That's the movie Frost made a video to right?

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:38 PM | Message # 39

Heads
This is way before 1960 but fuck it.

Little Caeser (1930)

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:39 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Miller's Crossing (1990)

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:41 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Bugsy (1991)

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9:49 PM | Message # 42

Heads
On The Waterfront (1954)

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 10:00 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Long Good Friday (1980)

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 10:03 PM | Message # 44

Heads
FUCK YEAH MAN, THE BRONX TALE IS THE MOTHER FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 10:08 PM | Message # 45

Heads
King of New York (1990)

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The Official Gangster Movie Thread (1960 - 2000) ((Post trailer to some of the greatest gangster movies))
Search: