[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 7:34 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Now I saw Transformers last year when it came out and that was by far one of the best movies of all-time!!!!!
HANDS DOWN
And this years sequel seems promising and I cant wait to see this shit!!!
I seen some previews and the movie looks RAW!!!!!!!
It seems as they got the original cast back and everything

Sick With It
Aristotle Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 7:41 PM | Message # 2

OGs
looks promising no doubt

Youtube Channel
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 7:42 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
everyone thinks that girl in the movie is sexy but i think shes just average.

WAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Megan Fox is Godly Sexy!!!!

Sick With It
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 7:55 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
im watching this movie, and yes i would tackle meagan fox....on a bed...in her pussy

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 7:59 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
HELL NAW.

U have a vendetta against Michael Bay LMAO

Sick With It
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 8:00 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
transformers is one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life, near the matrix when it comes to the special effects

Menace Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 8:15 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Now I saw Transformers last year when it came out and that was by far one of the best movies of all-time!!!!!

very good movie but to say that is kinda weird i mean Transformers is kinda of a kid movie it can't be near Schindler's List or The Godfather or other cinematographic masterpieces I_Guy our film expert can vouch on that LOL biggrin

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 8:16 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Menace)
I_Guy our film expert can vouch on that LOL

yea LMAO he can give us a good point of view

Sick With It
Menace Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 8:18 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
yea LMAO he can give us a good point of view

LOL but on the real when it comes to Philosophy and Cinema he's to be trusted the dude worked all his life in a Cinema so the dude saw A LOT of movies and he can give a good review too i saw one of his reviews and it was good

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 10:08 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
HANDS DOWN

Quote (Uncharted)
transformers is one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life

Let's not get too carried away now.

It has supreme special effects, and great high paced action, but it would be a bit silly to call this movie the best of all time. As far as being the best Huge-Budget Special Effects Action-Packed Blockbuster, well then sure it may be great within that domain, but as far as being the "Greatest" of all time, all I have to say is absolutely no way. Besides I tend not to give a ranking to great movies, but I would even go as far as to say that this movie isn't even great (as far as being an artistic contribution to cinematic literature). There is an idea in cinema just like hip hop; there's the "real" and then there is the exploitive mainstream. This movie is definitely of the exploitive mainstream. It never ends. Every interest you have suffers from this sort of situation.

Anyways, there was a time when movies were a standard for insight. That essentially is no more. They become fewer and further between now-a-days.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...

Message edited by I_Guy - Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 10:10 PM
Furious_Pryme Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 10:43 PM | Message # 11

Removed
Quote (Lord_Meth)
HANDS DOWN

Ima huge fan of transformers, But the movie was
just boring n crap You may like it but in my opinion
it sucked! it was more about that cunt from even stevens
then it was about the transformers it was a disapointment
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 11:07 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
only thing is the exploitative movies of old are now looked upon in a good fashion.

You got me wrong. I mean exploitive as in using mediocre writers and directors to create a film that is intended to capitalize on a growing genre or method of filmmaking.

You are right, exploitive films of the past did exploit certain ideas. But you have to understand that it was a different kind of exploitation. They were exploiting cultural & social taboos in a generally conservative time. It was the exploitation of truth often obscured in a traditional society filled with an aging conformist generation with conventional views who forbid the exploration of unconventional ideas that could possibly break the strictly structured and organized norm. In the ‘60s and ‘70s the new generation came out and "exploited" what was not yet explored. The proper word should be “explored,” not "exploited" because it only seemed exploitive to the old generation (who wrote all the reviews) and due to the taboo nature of the subject matter. Now there were some exceptions outside of Hollywood that did intentionally attempt to exploit absolutely outlandish subject matter in an attempt to attract an audience. But those were the desperate independent filmmakers that had only exploitation to go on. Now-a-days all of this has reversed. Hollywood is exploiting outlandish subject matter, and the independent filmmakers are exploring unfound truth through insight.

The creators of Transformers and the studios supporting them are simply in it not for the creativity or artistry. They are not searching for truth, or even attempting to reveal any truth. They aren't trying to explore an interesting idea or a compelling story. They are simply doing it because they know it will make them rich. Simple as that. It's all about the bucks. They know if they make the movie entertaining as fuck and fool people into believing that it is the greatest movie of all time, then they will accomplish their greedy goal. So, henceforth, they continue to exploit the expectation, design, and process of a big-budget action-packed blockbusters, (that you so highly praise).

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...

Message edited by I_Guy - Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 11:17 PM
eboyd Date: Sunday, 14/Jun/09, 11:52 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)

the movie was cool, but you are way ahead of yourself there buddy.

Quote (8Diagrams)
Honestly, that guy makes the worst "action movies" ever.

idk if i'd go that far. i'll say one thing though. his sound design is shit. i could easily make a WAY better sound design.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 15/Jun/09, 0:14 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
never call a man "buddy" but i agree with you.
how about "pal"? biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 15/Jun/09, 0:19 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
lol yeah that's good but not "buddy"

He wanted to avoid the Bum Buddy joke

Sick With It
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Search: