Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Americans are NOT stupid
Americans are NOT stupid
Menace Date: Wednesday, 27/Jan/10, 9:04 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early lightWhat so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet waveO'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it waveO'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!And where is that band who so vauntingly sworeThat the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,A home and a country should leave us no more!Their blood has washe

That reminds of of Nazi Germany and their pure Germanic patriotism.

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 27/Jan/10, 9:25 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
Quote (Dookie)
Gordon Brown

duh erik DUH!! Gordon Brown, duh!

LMAO

i guess only us countries that come under the british commonwealth know about that shit but americans don't

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 27/Jan/10, 10:38 PM | Message # 33

Emcees
Fahrenheit 451 sucks ass.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 27/Jan/10, 11:28 PM | Message # 34

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
That reminds of of Nazi Germany and their pure Germanic patriotism.

Quote (Menace)
I have one word for it also :

BULLSHIT !!! :D LOL

To quote Emma Goldman " Patriotism is a menace to liberty " . The very concept of patriotism is very abstract and crude .

Quote (Menace)
United in what ? stupidity and ignorance ?. National identities and patriotism itself are crude and abstract ideas which have no basis . Independent thought is not allowed in such ideas its a herd mentality one has no voice over the nation-state and what the nation state does . These crude ideas do nothing but enslave us to governments , states , bureaucracies , corporations and other forms of power .

i dont know how deep your knowledge of america is but to say these things about us makes you look pretty ignorant. Sorry if that offends but thats the truth dude. The fact is clear; UK, Euro and the rest of the world stereotypes americans as fat, stupid and spoiled humans and i'll admit in some cases this is the truth but in actuality its false because no one knows every american. Which country doesn't have those type of citizens? I'd be willing to wager not one of the american members of RHHF fits the description of an "Average American".

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Adam Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 0:07 AM | Message # 35

B-Girls
^ Word, I feel kinda offended, haven't forgot ur sig abanks. I just haven't had time, cuz I don't release anything below my satisfactory.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 0:22 AM | Message # 36

Emcees
Shit I don't feel offended. America is shit in terms of culture. We have no culture. It is fast food, sports, money, and in some parts of the country religion.
Then when we whine when we get bombed. Nothing justifies the events that occured on 9/11, but hell, I see why they did it. We are like the guy on the playground that is stupid and doesn't know what the fuck is going on, and all the while we are just marching all over the world setting up military bases and pushing our idea of government on others, and then we act surprised when we see some kid throwing rocks at us from across the way, as if they have no reason to be angry.

Message edited by ilikebacon3000 - Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 0:23 AM
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 12:25 PM | Message # 37

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Shit I don't feel offended. America is shit in terms of culture. We have no culture. It is fast food, sports, money, and in some parts of the country religion.
Then when we whine when we get bombed. Nothing justifies the events that occured on 9/11, but hell, I see why they did it. We are like the guy on the playground that is stupid and doesn't know what the fuck is going on, and all the while we are just marching all over the world setting up military bases and pushing our idea of government on others, and then we act surprised when we see some kid throwing rocks at us from across the way, as if they have no reason to be angry.

dude, FUCK YOU for that shit. being murdered is never justified. if you dont like your home do something to change it or shut the fuck up, real talk. if you said that shit in front of someone who lost a loved one in 9/11 you would seriously be stabbed. Like i said earlier people are just pinpointing a few bad stereotyped on americans but every country has loud, fat, ignorant who scream bullshit. some probably in our own families but that doesnt justify you or any other person especially someone who doesnt even live here to typecast and generalize us into one demographic. we are all different and in most cases i find that to be quite a good thing and beautiful.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

ALCATRAZ Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 12:34 PM | Message # 38

Writers
That video was funny but it's easy to compile a video of all the errors that were made. How do you know that more of them didn't get the answers correct, but the video just didn't show that? I think Americans are some of the most intelligent folks in the world.

:D

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 3:38 PM | Message # 39

Emcees
Quote (abanks47)
dude, FUCK YOU for that shit. being murdered is never justified. if you dont like your home do something to change it or shut the fuck up, real talk. if you said that shit in front of someone who lost a loved one in 9/11 you would seriously be stabbed. Like i said earlier people are just pinpointing a few bad stereotyped on americans but every country has loud, fat, ignorant who scream bullshit. some probably in our own families but that doesnt justify you or any other person especially someone who doesnt even live here to typecast and generalize us into one demographic. we are all different and in most cases i find that to be quite a good thing and beautiful.

Did I not say that nothing justifies killing thousands?
My dad lost his best friend in the OKC bombing in 1995. Again, the bombing wasn't justified at all. But shit, he had a fucking reason to be angry.

And keep this in mind. Remember in 2003 when we dropped all those cruise missiles over Baghdad? We called that "stopping terrorists". On the news, they don't use the word "women" or "children" or "civilian". They simply say "Today we killed a number of insurgents.". Since we are America, is it okay for us to just do whatever the fuck we want, but then the second someone touches us, our actions are automatically justified?

As individuals, we are different, sure. But look at our culture. We say it is diverse. Bullshit. Our culture is simply whatever the Corporations throw at us, and we buy buy buy and they make money which in turn gives them the opportunity to throw more products in our face.
Whenever I hear someone say "FUCK THE TERRORISTS!" it makes me sick. Sure, the terrorists were wrong. But America was never right.

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 4:12 PM | Message # 40

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
My dad lost his best friend in the OKC bombing in 1995. Again, the bombing wasn't justified at all. But shit, he had a fucking reason to be angry.
And keep this in mind. Remember in 2003 when we dropped all those cruise missiles over Baghdad? We called that "stopping terrorists". On the news, they don't use the word "women" or "children" or "civilian". They simply say "Today we killed a number of insurgents.". Since we are America, is it okay for us to just do whatever the fuck we want, but then the second someone touches us, our actions are automatically justified?

As individuals, we are different, sure. But look at our culture. We say it is diverse. Bullshit. Our culture is simply whatever the Corporations throw at us, and we buy buy buy and they make money which in turn gives them the opportunity to throw more products in our face.
Whenever I hear someone say "FUCK THE TERRORISTS!" it makes me sick. Sure, the terrorists were wrong. But America was never right.

for the most part that makes sense... i think...

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 4:40 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Reasons to be angry and justifying the actions caused out of anger are 2 very different things. you say we like you and i had something to do with it but it was our government who did the things you are speaking on. I did not see you say:
"nothing justifies killing thousands?"
i was offended at you saying "I see why they did it". it is terrible that they lost loved ones, if they did because of US government but that in no way gives them the right to do the same to innocent, non arm carrying civilians, and there is nothing on this earth that can allow me to "see why they did it" fuck that. You really trying to bring OKC in this too? He had reason to be angry, so kill kids? you are saying on the one hand its terrible but your making it seem like its OK what he did since he has reason for being angry.If you are angry and the end result is 100's or 1000's of lives being lost, you shouldn't be performing those actions. hell, we as humans shouldn't be making large decisions on our fucking feelings to begin with.

In regards to what was done in Baghdad i never said it was justified and never said US was right. i'm against anything that ends in a life being lost. i still dont think that they should be able to do what they did and still wouldnt be able to sanely say i can see why they did that.

Dude if you dont think the US is diverse than please define what is. you might live in a rural town but i live in the bay, you cant go into a store without seeing one of every race. you cant walk the block without 10 different tyoes of cuisine. you cant hop the bus with out 4 different languages in your ear. and your last comment, i think a simple statement, as long as it is not intended to be derogatory to middle eastern people i think IS JUSTIFIED. what would you rather people say who just witnessed someone getting there head sawed off? that shit almost made me drop out of high school and join the army, but realized the war was not stopping cats like that.

Also:
ter·ror·ist (trr-st)
n.
One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.

Once again, i feel people are justified in making statements like that as long as its pointed at an actual terrorist, not being derogatory towards middle eastern people.

the whole reason for your comments i cannot even comprehend, seems very backwards and apologies but ignorant

TheWatcher Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 6:03 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
the whole reason for your comments i cannot even comprehend, seems very backwards and apologies but ignorant

His comments usually are, they've gotten somewhat better recently (some of them) though.

Adam Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 6:09 PM | Message # 43

B-Girls
Yeah he has got some pretty abstract posts...

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
TheWatcher Date: Thursday, 28/Jan/10, 6:17 PM | Message # 44

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But look at our culture. We say it is diverse. Bullshit. Our culture is simply whatever the Corporations throw at us, and we buy buy buy and they make money which in turn gives them the opportunity to throw more products in our face.

A culture isn't defined by something someone buys. Would you feel better if it weren't corporations that sold it (whatever it is) to you?

Quote (ilikebacon3000)

You say that it doesn't "justify" it but then you go on to show terrorists empathy in both examples.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
And keep this in mind. Remember in 2003 when we dropped all those cruise missiles over Baghdad? We called that "stopping terrorists". On the news, they don't use the word "women" or "children" or "civilian". They simply say "Today we killed a number of insurgents."

Did you hear this from Pimpin Pimpin's news reporter, Katt Williams? The difference is; U.S. soldiers do not aim for civilians. I'm not going to say that the war can be justified necessarily but I have yet to hear about the U.S. army killing civilians by the thousands as they did with the twin towers. Nothing justifies it, nothing makes it "better" in any way, even if there are U.S. soldiers in Baghdad who have by accident, killed some insurgents. Killing insurgents is a convenient wording but I'm pretty sure that they do whatever they can not to kill insurgents. Various terrorist organizations however use "insurgents" as human shields when fighting and so they have no right to be defended by your argument in the first place, they're no better than the U.S. and in fact, they're worse by far.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Since we are America, is it okay for us to just do whatever the fuck we want, but then the second someone touches us, our actions are automatically justified?

Do you honestly not see any difference between what they did and what the U.S. has done?

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
which in turn gives them the opportunity to throw more products in our face.

Are you mad about the large variety of products you get to pick from when at the supermarket?

Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Why is that? Does the cursing offend you? I'm pretty sure I've seen you use the F word before.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 29/Jan/10, 3:52 AM | Message # 45

Emcees
I'm skimming through most of these until I actually read these throughly.

Quote (TheWatcher)
Did you hear this from Pimpin Pimpin's news reporter, Katt Williams?

Haha yes. He is hilarious, but he makes some good and quite accurate points..

Quote (TheWatcher)
Are you mad about the large variety of products you get to pick from when at the supermarket?

It's funny, because I talk a lot about how I just hate these corporations and whatnot, yet I eat McDonalds at least twice a week, and wear shoes which are mass produced, most likely in sweat shops. Do I feel bad about being a hypocrite? Not really. I don't have many other options as of now. I can't find a job in my area, and even if I did find one, I would be working for one of the very companies I am speaking against (T-Bell, McDonalds, Etc..). I don't have any choice but to buy food from an IGA or Wal-Mart. "Health" food around here seems to be more expenisive than cheaply produced store brands food. I would rather spend 20$ on some shoes in Wal Mart which were probably made by slaves rather than finding some in some hole-in-the-wall spot where they are going to cost 35$ and they will be harder to find.
I re-read your comment, and I just realized that I didn't even answer the question lol. I'm not sure if it was rhetorical question or not. In all honesty, the products aren't different. Unless you are shopping at some small free trade store, then nearly all the products will be made from the same people and in the same way (not literally the same people. you catch my drift.).

Quote (TheWatcher)
A culture isn't defined by something someone buys. Would you feel better if it weren't corporations that sold it (whatever it is) to you?

Probably, since I am pretty sure this is my whole "Fuck everything" stage which will end when summer begins and when I'm not under constant control.

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Americans are NOT stupid
Search: