1000 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte

didnt saw that biggrin but you forgot 1000 Terabyte = 1 petabyte biggrin

Graffiti
Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:06 PM | Message # 62

Heads
Quote (NtG)
its .33gb as in "point three three gigabytes."

Quote (Acekat00o)
lol this site is not ocupying 33 GB of space ,thats MASIVE ,like menace said it cupis 330 mb and to make things clear 1000bits=1Kilobit,1000Kilobits=1MegaBit,1000MegaBits=1GigaBit,1000Gigabits=1TeraBit.1000terabits=1Petabit (your average computes has between 40 and 300 gigabites of space ) (ive seen comps with 1 terabit )
i guess that the site with flash would be 500 mb

thanks for explaining that, so we would need about 500 mb for the flash so what is that in gb and bandwidth? smile i guess what we might need is that second plan, look at the plans in that link i provided.

Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:07 PM | Message # 63

Heads
here is the first plan, is that enough for our site?

$4.99 a month
1GB Disk Space
• 100GB Bandwidth

Menace Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:15 PM | Message # 64

Heads
so how we gonna pay for all this ?

NtG Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:19 PM | Message # 65

Heads
Quote (Menace)

umm who needs to pay? ive got a NERF gun and a ski mask, lets go rob them!!!

[deleted]
I_Guy Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:20 PM | Message # 66

Heads
I can donate some, but before we buy it I think we should find a web designer.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
NtG Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:22 PM | Message # 67

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
I can donate some, but before we buy it I think we should find a web designer.

yep, cuz i dont ACTUALLY know how to do this stuff. I just went by trial and error until i got it right.

[deleted]
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:26 PM | Message # 68

Removed
Chinita, that $4.99/month plan may work but is pushing it. I think we will need the next one above that just to be safe.

Menace, we can pay for it using the merchandise we plan to sell. This doesn't need to happen right this minute. Remember, we are taking it slow. But I can probably purchase it for the first month as we work on getting our merchandise made, then we can use that money towards the site and, if we make enough, paying each of the Heads and OG's.

I was thinking, for something that may appeal on a broader scale, the front of the shirts should say "Support Real Hip Hop" and the sleeve should have our logo which has the website link on it.

Btw, sorry I didn't call yet chinita. I woke up at 3:30 your time and just got on. I can't think of any further questions.

Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:27 PM | Message # 69

Heads
Quote (Menace)

cmon man its like 10$ a month ,its cheap as fuck ,when i get my credit card il donate a few bucks myself

Graffiti
Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:28 PM | Message # 70

Heads
why can't we find a free web hosting but that provides more space? i dont know i was looking through this. it says ucoz is 200mb

http://www.free-webhosts.com/

or look at this one, is there a big difference if we payed? see that i'm not sure and didn't ask this guy. i dont know.

look at this free webhost..i just wonder whats the difference if we pay or not..are we more limited? does anyone know or we have to do more research about this and shop around. or with free hosting i guess we have to use their link and not our domain name.. not sure if anyone knows this.
http://www.free-webhosts.com/reviews/Hostse.php

NtG Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:30 PM | Message # 71

Heads
yep

[deleted]
Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:32 PM | Message # 72

Heads
if we pay we get MUCH MUCH more options believe me

Graffiti
I_Guy Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:32 PM | Message # 73

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
merchandise we plan to sell

I know we plan on designing and selling T-shirts. I have an idea. Most people who know and love real hip hop love the legends of it. So I was thinking we should put the actual hip hop legends on the T-shirts and have them titled with their name and subtitled with RHHF. Emseed sketches, draws, and paints really well. If we can get him to do that, it would be perfect. (We have to draw it ourselves due to copyright issues) But I think it will sell better that way.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...

Message edited by I_Guy - Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:34 PM
Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:36 PM | Message # 74

Heads
we could write a book of our story biggrin

Graffiti
Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:40 PM | Message # 75

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Chinita, that $4.99/month plan may work but is pushing it. I think we will need the next one above that just to be safe.

yea its not that expensive, i thought the price was pretty good and their customer service was extemely nice and helpful.. i get upset when i dont get good customer service.. this guy took the time to look around our site and everything. i explained to him what we were doing and he tought it was great and that eventually we will want to even try and sell the tracks from our site.. artists tracks and maybe our producer beats and what not so its why he suggested that other web host they offer.. ok now with the 4.99 he also said we can upgrade at anytime if we feel we need more space.

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » It's Time To Build An Outline For The New Site
Search: