[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » DOOM - "Born Like This" ((Rate & Review))
DOOM - "Born Like This"
What Rating Would You Give This Album?
1. 100-90% Real [ 1 ] [10.00%]
2. 89-80% Real [ 3 ] [30.00%]
3. 79-70% Real [ 2 ] [20.00%]
4. 69-60% Real [ 1 ] [10.00%]
5. 59-50% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. 49-40% Real [ 1 ] [10.00%]
7. 39-30% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
8. 29-20% Real [ 1 ] [10.00%]
9. 19-10% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
10. 9-0% Real [ 1 ] [10.00%]
Answers total: 10
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 27/Mar/09, 11:38 PM | Message # 61

Heads
well i hadn't even got to the beats but yeah they were all weird as fuck and not worth my money (good thing i downloaded it).

the opening track, for the first half i was like, "okay this is okay". then the beat changed to this weird egyptian shit and i was like um wtf.

ballskin, the beat is okay at first, but then it just wears out on you. Its like the beat is just lacking something, maybe some soul or maybe it lacks bass or a decent sample for a chorus.

yessir, this is okay and raekwon's verse was pretty damn good. though once again that horn that just keeps repeating over and over it just gave me a damn headache.

absolutely....its okay for doom but its boring. its okay but its just...meh not something id actually search my ipod for to listen to, infact i wouldn't even put it on my ipod.

rap ambush, this beat starts out dope better than the rest so far and yeah this song is okay, dooms rapping is more energetic on here and decent. his lyrics are decent on every track but with the others it just lacks energy and remind me of the recordings i sent to erik lol. but its better on this one

lightworks, plays some old sample at the beginning than it goes to this weird ass beat. it has some dope lyrics but the beat and those horn samples just give me a headache, its villainy alright but not something i'd listen to. the sample is very catchy, not good but its very catchy and when i turned my ipod off i had that stuck in my head.

batty boyz, has some very funny skit at the beginning about gay's etc. the whole song makes references about homosexuality, this song is okay its funny but thats all i have to say about it.

angelz featuring ghostface. once again, just okay but not impressive at all. just some straight sample from some other song.

cellz, dope sample for the skit at the beginning the skits some guy talking but it sounds cool because its about some dark stuff. but the damn thing goes for half the track. but then it takes off when he finally does start rapping, with some dark old sample. doom definitely sounds more like a villain with this album and has that dark old 60's comic sound, the beat sounds like the theme song from some villain from some old 70's batman cartoon.

still dope, featuring empress sharhh. she has good lyrics, a unique flow, the song is better than some of the others on the album its okay but i couldn't be fucked even listening to it all the way through, why waste my time. there are so many dope tracks on my ipod im just thinking why the fuck am i playing this.

microwave mayo, has some weird sample which sounds like the music from an old arcade game, but with some kind of egyptian twist. just weird lol. im just wondering as im listening wtf he is talking about?

more rhymin' feat. Kurious, this has got a cool beat to it and a decent track. its also one of the shortest tracks on the album. i wonder if that has anything to do with it being one of the best?

thats that, this beat is also weird but this time this one is pretty cool i like the twist he has put on it. the lyrics are really great very lyrical, it'll take a few listens to know properly wtf he is rapping about but oh well its cool.

supervillainz, can't be fucked listening all the way through but yeah its supervillainy, like from some arcade game again but not something i'd go searching my ipod for. plus it has some fucked up t-pain sounding voice sample at the beginning which is just WTF!?!?

so yeah this is probably good for doom fans but it might be a disappointment for doom fans and it's not worth my money thats for sure. if i payed for this i would be mad as fuck.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 0:16 AM | Message # 62

Heads
anyway

Lyrics: 95%
Beats: 49%
Flow: 60%
X-Factor: a BIG FAT FUCKING 0%

and remember my opinion is completely unbiased. I am neither a doom hater nor a doom fan.

Quote (eboyd)
"Life's A Bitch,

this is a drugies anthem and its mostly the drugies who love and relate to this

Quote (eboyd)
Memory Lane

this is dope love the gospel sample. maybe you have to be black to like this

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Render215 Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 3:12 AM | Message # 63

Emcees
EmSeed.. what do you consider a druggie? jus wondering...

bad question i guess... but are people who smoke pot considered druggies by the people who don't.... and what kind of drug does it take to become a druggie.. lol i guess it would be a bad habit... that takes precedence over necessities and so forth...

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."

Message edited by Render215 - Sunday, 29/Mar/09, 5:31 AM
eboyd Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 3:23 AM | Message # 64

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
then the beat changed to this weird egyptian shit and i was like um wtf.

dude, that's the same sample that Jay Electronica used on this (classic in my opinion) track.

Quote (EmSeeD)
yessir, this is okay and raekwon's verse was pretty damn good. though once again that horn that just keeps repeating over and over it just gave me a damn headache.

yeah, i feel you. i hate Rae and still didn't like this either, and the problem here is that i've heard this sample used about 1,000 and 1/2 times already. let it die damn it!

Quote (EmSeeD)
absolutely....its okay for doom but its boring. its okay but its just...meh not something id actually search my ipod for to listen to, infact i wouldn't even put it on my ipod.

.......wow. when has DOOM not been boring? he has always had this laid back, sneaky vibe about him. idk man, this track was FUCKING DOPE to me. the way he utilized the Lord Acton quote for the hook and Madlib flipped the beat was GORGEOUS to me.

Quote (EmSeeD)
lightworks, plays some old sample at the beginning than it goes to this weird ass beat. it has some dope lyrics but the beat and those horn samples just give me a headache, its villainy alright but not something i'd listen to. the sample is very catchy, not good but its very catchy and when i turned my ipod off i had that stuck in my head.

WHA??????????????????????? "Lightworks" was the best beat on "Donuts" by J Dilla. if you don't like this beat you don't deserve to call yourself a Jay Dee fan!!!!! lol!

Quote (EmSeeD)
cellz, dope sample for the skit at the beginning the skits some guy talking but it sounds cool because its about some dark stuff. but the damn thing goes for half the track. but then it takes off when he finally does start rapping, with some dark old sample. doom definitely sounds more like a villain with this album and has that dark old 60's comic sound, the beat sounds like the theme song from some villain from some old 70's batman cartoon.

ok, this makes it obvious to me that you have never listened to a full MF DOOM album. every album he has he makes at least one track with a LOOOOOONG ass interlude before hand and every track except maybe one is under 3 minutes long. that's how it always is. that's the MF DOOM formula pretty much.

Quote (EmSeeD)
this is dope love the gospel sample. maybe you have to be black to like this

dude, i liked "Memory Lane." read my comment. the only track i hate on there is "Life's A Bitch" and it isn't because it is depressing (just listen to my music. shit is WAAAAY more depressing), it is the corny R&B sounds. the only other track i can't listen to is "Halftime," but it is for a very different reason. he said a GAAAAY ass line on that track. "my style switches like a faggot/but not bisexual/i'm an intellectual." wacko

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Emseed Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 4:00 AM | Message # 65

Watchers
Um i have never said i was a j dilla fan. And the only other doom album i HAVE listened to was mm.,food. Which makes this album look like a piece of shit.
eboyd Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 4:06 AM | Message # 66

Heads
Quote (Emseed)
the only other doom album i HAVE listened to was mm.,food. Which makes this album look like a piece of shit.

i agree, but seriously, why compare? it isn't a dope album because it wasn't as good as that album? that's absurd. that's like saying "Stillmatic sucked because it didn't match up to Illmatic." no, both were dope, Illmatic was just better (though tbh i still have to listen to Illmatic more biggrin ). anyways, damn man, you like MM... Food? and you disliked the LOOOONG intro to "Cellz"? must i remind you of "Beef Rapp"? the intro was a mere 7 seconds shorter. OK, i'll be honest. i though "Cellz" should have been an intro track, but whatever. and don't get me started here. "MM... Food?"'s four middle tracks were 3 minute long interludes (back to back mind you) about edible wrappers and disgusting things some hillbilly eats. wtf???? yes, the album is WAAAY better than this one, but some of the things you complain about are more prevalent in "MM... Food?" than this album.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Emseed Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 4:22 AM | Message # 67

Watchers
Read my review i said the intro sounded cool. It just went 4 too long. As 4 the mm food ones well b4 i put those songs on my ipod i cut the intros short but regardless the beats on that album were still better so it saved it. What can i say...
eboyd Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 4:28 AM | Message # 68

Heads
ok, i feel you. still, this album isn't horrible, just not DOOM's best. what do you expect though? he's released, arguably, like 5 classics. speaking of which, i advise you to check "Madvillainy" (my personal fave) and "Take Me To Your Leader" (DOOM as King Geedorah. my second fave along with "MM... Food?"). they are truly worth a listen. "TMTYL" mainly for the beats and "Madvillainy" for both beats and lyrics. it's a fucking masterpiece! 100% Madlib production!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Emseed Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 4:34 AM | Message # 69

Watchers
Yeah i havnt heard the mad villain album but i really like the song all caps that oneS really grown on me
eboyd Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 4:52 AM | Message # 70

Heads
yeah, def check it. it's worth it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 7:06 AM | Message # 71

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
WHA??????????????????????? "Lightworks" was the best beat on "Donuts" by J Dilla. if you don't like this beat you don't deserve to call yourself a Jay Dee fan!!!!! lol!

fuck that

and yeah emseed madvillainy is defffo worth checking

The World Is Yours
ill Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 10:26 AM | Message # 72

Emcees
80 - 89

its much less of an album then his previous stuff, its frustrating to hear older beats you recognize on a new album aswell. one for the shelf unless you wanna listen to those 3 or 4 really dope songs that boost the album.

with the lightworks thing its an ok beat, one of my least favourite dilla beats. alot of poeple say his beats arnt meant to be rapped over i dissagree but with lightworks then yeahh thats the case

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 11:28 AM | Message # 73

Heads
Quote (ill)
fuck that

fuck biggrin

Quote (ill)
one of my least favourite dilla beats

surprised lolwut?!?!?

Quote (ill)
poeple say his beats arnt meant to be rapped over i dissagree but with lightworks then yeahh thats the case

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!????!?!?!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 11:36 AM | Message # 74

Heads
That Dilla beat was on NBA 2K7 and it had Talib Kweli and Q-Tip rapping over it and I used to play that game alot so the beat was played out for me bout time I heard the song by DOOM

Sick With It
ill Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 12:26 PM | Message # 75

Emcees
its too hype you dunno whats going on, and cos dilla didnt make the beat for doom he sounds out of place on it

anyone else notice the sound quality was kinda shit too? on the whole album

The World Is Yours
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » DOOM - "Born Like This" ((Rate & Review))
Search: