[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
what do you rate this album????
1. 0-10 [ 2 ] [18.18%]
2. 20-30 [ 0 ] [0.00%]
3. 40-50 [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. 60-70 [ 1 ] [9.09%]
5. 80-90 [ 5 ] [45.45%]
6. 100 [ 3 ] [27.27%]
Answers total: 11
Abstract Date: Saturday, 11/Dec/10, 7:56 PM | Message # 46

Rappers
Topics tend to go off-topic :P

NtG Date: Saturday, 11/Dec/10, 8:39 PM | Message # 47

Heads
Quote (Adam)
fuk nikki da topic right now is how all these stans is overreacting to this kanye album. Thats the topic right now.

this^

[deleted]
eboyd Date: Sunday, 12/Dec/10, 12:15 PM | Message # 48

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
How the hell did Nicki Minaj get into this conversation? Lol
I could've sworn we were just talking about Kanye's beats.....

because barut brought up that Nicki Minaj had more lyrical potential than Jay-Z based off her verse on "Monster"

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Oh and Barut lol this tends to happen when new members voice their opinions lol dont be shocked. This is basically an Underground Purist website. I'm probably the only member who openly listens to both underground (Pharoahe Monch, Shad, Canibus, Black Milk) and mainstream (Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye, Drake, etc. MCs of that caliber) Everybody will lay off of u after u've been around for a while lol

no, i have no problems with any of these artists. i'm hardly an underground purist. it just happens to be the case that there are way more underground artists and because they aren't under as many rules and regulations they tend to drop better music.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 12/Dec/10, 4:42 PM | Message # 49

Heads
Adam and NtG...
How r u guys producers and hate Kanye at the same time??
Most music producers (especialy aspiring producers) praise Kanye

Sick With It
Adam Date: Sunday, 12/Dec/10, 8:08 PM | Message # 50

B-Girls
lol even if kanye never made a single track, it would make no difference to me when i make music.

but i never said i hate kanye or anything like that. I just said you guys are overreacting like usual.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Menace Date: Sunday, 12/Dec/10, 9:41 PM | Message # 51

Heads
kanye can suck a ..... eek

barut Date: Monday, 13/Dec/10, 1:37 PM | Message # 52

Rappers
Eboyd, Jay Z is not going to surprise us anymore. We all know what he has done, what can he do. He has some music standarts and doesn't go beyond or fall under it. But Nicki is different, she probably has an ambition on music to build a music carrier (i felt it in his verse) and its not just about earning money. I know respect would be deserved by a person and Nicki doesn't really deserve it yet but i just predicted something about her future by listening her verse.

Dark Fantasy is a good album by the way, especially Gorgeous, All of the Lights etc... these songs are really good.

follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pslbarut
on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pslbarut
eboyd Date: Monday, 13/Dec/10, 2:01 PM | Message # 53

Heads
Quote (barut)
Eboyd, Jay Z is not going to surprise us anymore. We all know what he has done, what can he do. He has some music standarts and doesn't go beyond or fall under it. But Nicki is different, she probably has an ambition on music to build a music carrier (i felt it in his verse) and its not just about earning money. I know respect would be deserved by a person and Nicki doesn't really deserve it yet but i just predicted something about her future by listening her verse.

from your comment it sounded like you thought she had the potential to be better than Jay. most everything Jay has done from the moment he started dropping albums (Reasonable Doubt on) has been pretty much garbage to me but that's my opinion. he's still light years ahead of where Nicki Minaj will ever be. agree?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 13/Dec/10, 7:20 PM | Message # 54

Heads
Lost in the World is the most underrated track in the album!!
Omg the beat makes me so happy! *I sound so gay rite now*

And Who will survive in America had a Gil Scott-Heron speech that was really dope and the whole album is dope....
Fuck all u haters :p
We should like...start making a top 10 albums of 2010 now shouldnt we?

Sick With It
Adam Date: Monday, 13/Dec/10, 7:23 PM | Message # 55

B-Girls
this album wouldn't make it. so w/e

barut Date: Tuesday, 14/Dec/10, 4:41 PM | Message # 56

Rappers
Quote (eboyd)
from your comment it sounded like you thought she had the potential to be better than Jay. most everything Jay has done from the moment he started dropping albums (Reasonable Doubt on) has been pretty much garbage to me but that's my opinion. he's still light years ahead of where Nicki Minaj will ever be. agree?

if i agree, then where is the argument:).. joking apart, yeah, the sentence in the bold line is really my opinion. But, Reasonable Doubt is released on 1996, right? 2010 (-) 1996 means 14 years. Jay Z came here by 14 years; Nicki Minaj's first album is released 2010, so if we live till that day, in 2024, we will see if im right or wrong :) we should give her that length of time as jay had otherwise we can't talk something about her future, our words would only be some estimations, guesses. And, by listening her on "Monster", i had a guess that she is going to be better than Jay. See u in 2024, dude:)

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Dec/10, 10:14 PM | Message # 57

Heads
Quote (barut)
if i agree, then where is the argument:).. joking apart, yeah, the sentence in the bold line is really my opinion. But, Reasonable Doubt is released on 1996, right? 2010 (-) 1996 means 14 years. Jay Z came here by 14 years; Nicki Minaj's first album is released 2010, so if we live till that day, in 2024, we will see if im right or wrong we should give her that length of time as jay had otherwise we can't talk something about her future, our words would only be some estimations, guesses. And, by listening her on "Monster", i had a guess that she is going to be better than Jay. See u in 2024, dude:)

Jay-Z before "Reasonable Doubt" (with Big L. fast forward to 1:45 to get straight to Jay's first part. he has another part at around 5:30):

Nicki Minaj's best verse so far:

Jay's part in this video is at 2:55:

Nicki starts this one off:

those were the two best examples of Nicki's lyricism and imo it still sucks. Jay was dope back then, not quite as dope now, but 100000000x better than Nicki, and 10 or so times better than her today.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheWatcher Date: Wednesday, 15/Dec/10, 5:03 AM | Message # 58

Heads
That Nikki Minaj verse is fucking garbage, more potential than Jay? Give me a break. And I ain't even TALKING about that HORRIBLE delivery.. it's.. wow.
barut Date: Wednesday, 15/Dec/10, 5:14 PM | Message # 59

Rappers
TheWatcher, first of all, nothing written is a garbage. And I still enjoy the verse of her, but you have never enjoyed it so my expression and yours would only be different opinions. Don't forget that this is a forum and we TALK about something and discuss them here. If everybody's decision is have to be the same, than why are the forums exist and why are we here? Lets say "Nicki sucks and i love you Jay" together and lets straggle :).

In brief, there are not so many lady mc's in rap. in my opinion, excluding her out of the community of "real hiphop" would be a fault. We really need some successful women in our music :)

"Seeing a potential" is something changeable by a person to another person. I didnt go by her not by only listening. I have rated her by her style, her voice and intonation and of course her rhyme techniques. (for example, the multi syllable rhymes she has) I can say she will be a better rapper. You would say she sucks and she will.

In my opinion she is a mothafckn monster :)

Adam Date: Wednesday, 15/Dec/10, 5:44 PM | Message # 60

B-Girls
lil wayne writes her rhymes.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
Search: