Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Evidence For God?
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 3:39 PM | Message # 166

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
If the Bible is supernatural, and supernatural things are supposed to be beyond Earthly limits, why does the Bible exist on Earth?

the events recorded in the Bible are supernatural... but ... God exists everywhere even in earth, i dont get it

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 3:47 PM | Message # 167

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
If the Bible is supernatural, and supernatural things are supposed to be beyond Earthly limits, why does the Bible exist on Earth?

As i said to Acekat the bible is not supernatural the claims that the bible is making are supernatural

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 4:14 PM | Message # 168

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
I only meant for that question to be answered by Theists, dude. The answer to you and I is obvious. I just was using logic and see how he would explain it because obviously he believes it was actually made with supernatural interference, so to him the Bible itself is supernatural (obviously not true)

ok 8... whats the meaning of life?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 6:07 PM | Message # 169

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
ok 8... whats the meaning of life?

there is no meaning

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 7:05 PM | Message # 170

OGs
i think we can narrow it down to sex and eating food...thats the point of life from a secular view

Menace Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 7:18 PM | Message # 171

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i think we can narrow it down to sex and eating food...thats the point of life from a secular view

from a secular humanist view the meaning of life is seen in the main principles of secular humanism these principles are :

# Need to test beliefs – A conviction that dogmas, ideologies and traditions, whether religious, political or social, must be weighed and tested by each individual and not simply accepted on faith.
# Reason, evidence, scientific method – A commitment to the use of critical reason, factual evidence and scientific methods of inquiry, rather than faith and mysticism, in seeking solutions to human problems and answers to important human questions.
# Fulfillment, growth, creativity – A primary concern with fulfillment, growth and creativity for both the individual and humankind in general.
# Search for truth – A constant search for objective truth, with the understanding that new knowledge and experience constantly alter our imperfect perception of it.
# This life – A concern for this life and a commitment to making it meaningful through better understanding of ourselves, our history, our intellectual and artistic achievements, and the outlooks of those who differ from us.
# Ethics – A search for viable individual, social and political principles of ethical conduct, judging them on their ability to enhance human well-being and individual responsibility.
# Building a better world – A conviction that with reason, an open exchange of ideas, good will, and tolerance, progress can be made in building a better world for ourselves and our children.

Secular humanists are progressive in their views and strive for a better world while religious people are slow and conservative never wanting change and their primary concern is to pray to God and wait for the after life

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 7:23 PM | Message # 172

OGs
ok not bad...

another q...

lets say you are falling from a cliff and you get thirsty... would u see a point in reaching in your knapsack and grabbing your bottled water just before you die? now whats the difference between living life to the fullest when you have a few seconds to live and lets say 10 years to live when we'll all be dead for eternity anyways?

Menace Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 7:38 PM | Message # 173

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
lets say you are falling from a cliff and you get thirsty... would u see a point in reaching in your knapsack and grabbing your bottled water just before you die? now whats the difference between living life to the fullest when you have a few seconds to live and lets say 10 years to live when we'll all be dead for eternity anyways?

that makes no sense nobody reaches for their water they are FALLING and he question makes no sense

eboyd Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 7:44 PM | Message # 174

Heads
Quote (Menace)
that makes no sense nobody reaches for their water they are FALLING and he question makes no sense

exactly. no sane person period would do that. most would panic, some would be trying to think rationally and find a way to soften the fall so they can minimize injury.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 8:11 PM | Message # 175

Heads
There is no meaning to life. The only meaning is the meaning that we think we are making for ourselves. Redistributing energy back into the cosmos is the closest thing to life having a purpose.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Tuesday, 10/Nov/09, 7:46 PM | Message # 176

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)

And that technically isn't "life", literally, although there is no definition for life...unless I'm not looking at things the right way?

Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have self-sustaining biological processes from those that do not either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as "inanimate. Life is a biological self sustaining process which has no ultimate meaning .

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 10/Nov/09, 10:13 PM | Message # 177

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
And that technically isn't "life", literally, although there is no definition for life...unless I'm not looking at things the right way?

I should have said existence instead of life.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 2:46 PM | Message # 178

OGs
i still dont get how you can believe we can prove a hidden omnipresent being through scientific means... i say its impossible

Menace Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 3:27 PM | Message # 179

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i still dont get how you can believe we can prove a hidden omnipresent being through scientific means... i say its impossible

That's why such an entity doesn't exist

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 7:58 PM | Message # 180

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
hidden omnipresent being

There is nothing that can justify why we should assume such a description. Nothing except superstition.

Search: