Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Evidence For God?
eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:26 PM | Message # 151

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
- religious pluralism

the ability for the people of that land to follow more than one religion.

Quote (sodr2)
- absolutist religion

a religion based on absolutes such as absolute truths, the concepts of evil and good as defined in the bible, perfection, etc.

Quote (sodr2)
- (absolute) monarchism

monarchism (or monarchy) is the concept behind a nation ruled by a single entity who is usually divinely anointed (a king or queen). an absolute monarchy is one in which that person has all of the power. non-absolute monarchies include post-Magna Carta Great Britain after they began working toward the creation of the Parliament.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:29 PM | Message # 152

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
Okay... well then your question is basically asking which god is the right god. How would I know a deist God's will? How should I know, He would have to be the one who told me... revealed himself to me... revealed religion...

okay, but between the Jewish, Islamic, Christian, Hindu, Krishna, Phrygian, Wiccan, etc., revelation stories, how do you know which one is true when there is no testable and reliable evidence for any of them?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:30 PM | Message # 153

OGs
ok last question

the only way to discover a god exists is if he reveals himself to us, right? (miracle or w/e)

Added (02/Nov/09, 3:30 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (eboyd)
okay, but between the Jewish, Islamic, Christian, Hindu, Krishna, Phrygian, Wiccan, etc., revelation stories, how do you know which one is true when there is no testable and reliable evidence for any of them?

big question...

i got no perfect answer right now, im at the thinking stage..........

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:32 PM
eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:46 PM | Message # 154

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
the only way to discover a god exists is if he reveals himself to us, right? (miracle or w/e)

no, there may be a way to discover that a God exists through scientific evidence. i cannot think of a specific way considering i don't think it is very rational for someone to believe one exists and i don't think we will ever have any evidence because i do not think that one exists, but it could be possible through scientific methods. that is religious people who put God in a box and say science cannot reveal God, not atheists.

Quote (sodr2)
i got no perfect answer right now, im at the thinking stage..........

and that is probably the most humble answer any theist has ever come up with and the most correct answer anyone, right now, could come up with.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:52 PM | Message # 155

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
no, there may be a way to discover that a God exists through scientific evidence.

This is where I agree with Daniel Dennet in his Breaking the Spell. He suggests that religion was a necessary factor in our evolution. More recently though, early scientists could exemplify a similar idea. Many early scientists (primarily astrologists) were motivated by the possibility of finding God through their science. A reasonable motivator for the time I suppose.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 04/Nov/09, 3:28 PM | Message # 156

Heads
The story behind clergy.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Thursday, 05/Nov/09, 1:07 AM | Message # 157

Heads
Absolute PROOF of God... Uh, I mean, an Intelligent Puller rofl :

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Intelligent_Falling

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 11:37 AM | Message # 158

Heads
Bumph!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 5:31 PM | Message # 159

OGs
http://www.amazon.com/review....=283155
Anyways...

All these videos are too interesting

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 5:45 PM
eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 6:13 PM | Message # 160

Heads
LMAO!

What did you think of the theory of Intelligent Falling? rofl

Btw, to keep it balanced:

rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 6:22 PM | Message # 161

Heads
i actually like George Coyne he is my kind of priest i remember watching him be interviewed by a supporter of intelligent design and George just simply ripped that dudes beliefs into half some people were even saying George is done whit religion LOL :D Oh and this is the dude hes the head of the Vatican Observatory he's the dude that said that the bible is neither science nor accurate history . In a whole Sodr2 i think you have absolutely nothing in common whit this dude rather then you both believe in God. :D

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 11:35 AM | Message # 162

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
What did you think of the theory of Intelligent Falling? rofl

that whole website is messed:

"I dare you to show me a dick I wouldn't suck."

Quote (Menace)
In a whole Sodr2 i think you have absolutely nothing in common whit this dude rather then you both believe in God. :D

hes obv a better debater, but i dont disagree with anything he says

Menace Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 1:35 PM | Message # 163

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
hes obv a better debater, but i dont disagree with anything he says

you agree whit him ?? but you think the bible scientifically and historically accurate and you clearly believe in intelligent design you have nothing in common whit this dude by the way the pop fired him from his job because he defended evolution against intelligent design http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....te.html

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 3:40 PM | Message # 164

OGs
Quote (Menace)
you agree whit him ??
yes ??

Quote (Menace)
but you think the bible scientifically and historically accurate
... i never said it was scientifically accurate, but then again, its not set of fictional books

Quote (Menace)
you clearly believe in intelligent design

no i dont... well, like all Christians, we believe in the Creator of all things, but thats a given if your christian, and just like george, i believe "Darwin?s theory is compatible with Christianity." i also believe evolution should be taught on a scientific basis, not theologically...interesting article btw, at least he wasnt excommunicated lol

Menace Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 4:07 PM | Message # 165

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
... i never said it was scientifically accurate, but then again, its not set of fictional books

nobody said there are a set of fictional books there are a set of ancient philosophies and as all philosophies these philosophies are not a monolith which must be taken literally and by the way the Orthodox tradition finds people like George heretics yup your denomination called him a heretic i saw it and hear it personally at the TV on a Christian Orthodox channel. They said that the Orthodox faith is unitary , because it is based on interpretation of the Bible by the Holy Fathers, and these fathers of the Orthodoxy were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Any divergence of opinions reveals in fact a heresy. The catholic faith and church is not unitary and based on such principles the catholic church is not a monolith as George Coyne said himself so there are many strains of thought inside the Catholic Church .

Search: