Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » Hitting your kids
Hitting your kids
abanks47 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 1:57 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
Do yall think hitting your kids (whether they exist or not) is right? wrong? Appears my generation is very much against hitting there kids. Just curious about yalls thoughts

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 2:26 AM | Message # 2

Heads
yeah a few years ago they banned smacking kids in NZ, but they don't really enforce the law unless its something serious, i think its ok if its just a small smack not nothing more than that. i'm not sure but i think it can be a bit of a bad thing though, coz it can teach kids that if you don't like something or someone doing something, or if someone is not listening to you then you should use violence on that person

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 2:32 AM | Message # 3

Emcees
Moved to politics/economics. Thought about putting it in culture, but wasn't sure. Someone can move it again if they feel it is needed.

I personally think that smacking your child will not "teach" them anything. I was hit with a belt until I was 9, and I can say for damn sure that I learned more when I talked it out with my parents rather than getting smacked or whatever. All it will do is promote fear in the child. The kid won't understand what they did was wrong, they will just see this
Bad Action=Consequence

They don't learn that what they did affects others, and how it affects others. It just isn't very logical if you ask me.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
abanks47 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 3:14 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
i dono, i got hit a lil bit. i was a bad ass kid and i was never punished, hit or grounded and it fucked me up. i got to the state where i felt like i could do whatever until i got socked one good one to the temple, literally got the shit knocked out of me and never acted out again. i think if the situation permits, IE severe disrespect to the parent, or being abusive a kid should get that ass tapped but i can definitley see the benefits of talking it out. sometimes that shit dont get through because kids know there parents wont lay hands on them.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 3:22 AM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (abanks47)
i dono, i got hit a lil bit. i was a bad ass kid and i was never punished, hit or grounded and it fucked me up. i got to the state where i felt like i could do whatever until i got socked one good one to the temple, literally got the shit knocked out of me and never acted out again. i think if the situation permits, IE severe disrespect to the parent, or being abusive a kid should get that ass tapped but i can definitley see the benefits of talking it out. sometimes that shit dont get through because kids know there parents wont lay hands on them.

Yeah dude no doubt... Alot of my friends whine about getting in trouble. I know for a fact that if I got on punishment more, I would be a better kid overall. Kids (meaning anyone from around 4-20) need some sort of discipline and structure.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 6:05 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (abanks47)

yeah that's true thats what happened to me when i was a kid, i didn't get knocked out or anything like that but my uncle got really pissed off with me but really started punching me, it was a shock and i didn't disrespect him like that again.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 6:32 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (abanks47)

there are methods of discipline that do not involve any physical or verbal abuse. i think more so than under-disciplining children, abuse will shape a child in a very improper fashion; however, a child must endure, at the very least, the world and understand what is and isn't acceptable, and the only way a parent can assist in helping their child do this is through discipline.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Joker13 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 1:16 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
smack the fuck outta them kids my pops would punch me in the face when i was younger of course im a little too old now and know how to fight so now he just talks shit to me

Menace Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 4:10 PM | Message # 9

Heads
it depends on the parent

eboyd Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 5:16 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
my pops would punch me in the face when i was younger of course im a little too old now and know how to fight so now he just talks shit to me

same here. he thought he was stronger than me up until i was like 20 (though he was dead wrong). ever since he punched me in the face and i punched him back, knocked him to the floor and made his eye bleed he hasn't touched me (though he still comes to the verge of getting physical).

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ritesofpasage Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 5:09 PM | Message # 11

DJs
I look at hitting kids like people who use too much profanity. Just a lack of tools to get the job done. You don't really need to hit a kid to get a message across. I remember how my world would flip upside down if I wasn't given the chance to play video games or go outside when everyone was.

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 6:29 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
what if a kid gets abusive wit you? do you threaten to take his wii away or break his legs?

Added (21/Feb/10, 6:29 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
o and pls believe if i ever have kids and they lay a hand on me im body slammin them through a window (thats slang for smack or push or something)

Menace Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 7:41 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
o and pls believe if i ever have kids and they lay a hand on me im body slammin them through a window (thats slang for smack or push or something)

if you educate them in a good manner from an young age they will never think about hitting you . Its psychological its similar to psychological warfare LOL :D

eboyd Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 8:47 PM | Message # 14

Heads
i won't hit my kids, but i have no problem hitting your kids ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 8:54 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i won't hit my kids, but i have no problem hitting your kids

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » Hitting your kids
Search: