my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 2:06 AM | Message # 48

Heads
this went from ice cream men to discussing eboyd's political orientation... wtf?

livin life like some cheesy movie
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 2:08 AM | Message # 49

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
this went from ice cream men to discussing eboyd's political orientation... wtf?

lol yeah this happens all the time, esp with eboyd lol.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 9:32 AM | Message # 50

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Master P sucked now days he woke up from the false dream of living large and he tries to give back at the community and spread knowledge but he already done to much damage to the image of both hip hop and black culture

-Never Too Late!!!.....try to see the good he did for the culture back then too.... he made under privilaged ppl realize there's a way out through the music... he never said "this is what you should be doing or rapping about". When this shit came out hiphop was about trying to top everyone else and do something different...and he just rapped about what he knew... Can't blame him for anything.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 11:26 AM | Message # 51

Heads
Quote (LethaFace)
-Never Too Late!!!.....try to see the good he did for the culture back then too.... he made under privilaged ppl realize there's a way out through the music... he never said "this is what you should be doing or rapping about". When this shit came out hiphop was about trying to top everyone else and do something different...and he just rapped about what he knew... Can't blame him for anything.

man you have no idea how these rappers effect black culture and black consciousness you think if people like Master P and Jay-z give some spare dough at charity events you think that whit that they repair how much damage they do on a daily basis ?? Seeing a privileged star like Sean Combs behave like a street thug tells those kids that there’s nothing more authentic than ghetto pathology, even when you’ve got wealth beyond imagining you think a few charity events fix a wave of broken philosophy?? the way this recent fluent of hip hop exploits black culture is imaginable and not only black culture and the people of any colour who affiliate whit it and then Erik asks where are hip hop's John Coltrane's , Gill Scott Heron's and such well they are not cause ignorance reigns

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 11:44 AM | Message # 52

Emcees
dry Speaking from MY experience.... I Idolize rappers who came from nothing and made something.... Some of the worlds Earliest scriptures speak of troubles and hardships...should they not have been written?...Huey P. Newton a guy YOU idolize was involved in criminal activity as well....but it wasn't too late for him to keep trying to take action though was it?!?!? You can't blame the rappers just because they're making money.... You think immortal technique or Dead Prez don't wanna be rich??? LOL - and just b/c stupid kids take these rappers seriously it doesn't make it their fault... You and I know the difference between entertainment and reality So why don't they??? .... Blame the parents!!! Blame the Men who can't step up and father their children or the mom who doesn't think her children are more important than her dope!

What hiphop do you actually like besides I.T, dead prez or outlawz ??? I'm curious.....

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 12:49 PM | Message # 53

Heads
making money at what expense ?? Def Jam wanted to sign IT and they had an actual meeting and he didn't sign whit them guess why? the cause why the UNDERGROUND is still pure cause he wants his music to be UNTOUCHED money is no excuse for whack shit and coonish things your idea about hip hop is the same as soulja boy's hip hop is fun and making money and at this stage that's what killing it it became a business rather then a cultural thing like Redman said the balance between business and culture ain't the same anymore and in fact underground people make almost the same money as major people like Krs said the money the under MCs earn go straight to them not tru any corporate filter so money is no excuse cause you can earn tons of money in many ways but its more easy to sell out and sell out your status and act like a monkey just to get money talented MC's know to make money from everything an underground example is JMT they make very good money i mean very GOOD MONEY and an mainstreem example is Nas he didn't change nothing from his subject matter and stayed on it and he still getting money we all know Hip Hop is Dead and Untitled were top chart albums so MONEY is no excuse for whack shit and it seems in hip hop STUPIDITY seems to represent us and have an effect on the kids too we created an identity out of it

and Lethaface watch this video !!

The Minstrel Show and Hip Hop

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 1:12 PM | Message # 54

Emcees
did you really just say my idea of hiphop is the same as soldier boys cuz i said it's supposed to be fun as well?!?!? Now I know you really are a grumpy fool(sometimes)!!! HipHop is Not All Politics so stop ur fuckin' whining...all you EVER do is bitch...ask any old school artist and artist you respect and i guarantee all of them will say hiphop is supposed to be fun "too"....I ain't saying it should be Only fun but its a big part of it... and stop with all that "coon" talk.... are u saying blacks shouldn't play sports either cuz its too fun for them -LOL- holy shit... take ur skirt off and stop bitching already...if u constantly absorb and dwell on all the negativity in the world you too become negative! Smile Menace biggrin ..... and if someone sells crack, grew up poor and thats all they've ever known so they decide to rap about it too make a living...how is that selling out??? it's showing the rest of the world how shitty life can be for others.

and how is Nas Not a sellout?... he raps about all kinds of street shit he Never did and talks about money and gang/mafia shit... but Nas is okay for you?!?!... Hypocrisy!
and No, i won't watch ur video 'til u apologize for comparing me to soldier boy-LMAO..... how Dare you dry

Menace Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 1:33 PM | Message # 55

Heads
your lack of understanding hip hop's cultural impact on the world blinds you from seeing how hip hop will never accomplish what Jazz any other genres accomplished i showed you how money is no excuse for whack shit i proved my case you seem to rant about shit's thats not relevant Gill Scott Heron his categorized as PROTO RAP and he talked about the streets and the misery but why he is not considered a COON its something to rap about the misery and its something else to enforce and become the misery and create an identity out of it and live it you are defending all this garbage that we fight against

Ignorance is Bliss
And They're Kin to It
Party And Dance
And Don't Ever glance
At a book or look
For their mind to advance
Caught In the Rut
Chasing Butt
Trying to get a Dollar
Or trying to get a Nut
- Kool Moe Dee

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 3:23 PM | Message # 56

Emcees
I know how it fucking affects the world man... quit trying to act like you're some all knowing genius of the hiphop culture...You're NOT!!! And you're the one ranting about nonsense... I'm just saying that the video posted ain't so bad and Master P is a big influence to A LOT of once hopeless entrepeneurs... He came from the struggle, rose out of it and is raising a nice family and showed the World it can be done(Sounds like a real horrible black man!)[sarcasm],even if he just had to show his way of life through his music... Sometimes looking at the world as a smaller place and working on the little things is a better way to accomplish bigger goals. What are you doing to make change other than sitting at your PC trying to impress these youngsters with your "wisdom" and bring down everyones good time??? have you ever posted a comment to make someone here feel good about their opinions when they're just trying to enjoy the goodtimes hiphop has to offer?...Has HipHop EVER been fun for you?...Do you ever escape from your political mind set and have fun...or are you just a slave to yourself? There's a whole other world out there.... try letting loose for once.... having fun ain't being a "coon".... you've commented before about how you drink a lot..... does that make you a "coon" as well???

gimme 15 rappers/groups that you enjoy and agree with...

Menace Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 3:34 PM | Message # 57

Heads
once again you make it a personal attack rather then a retrospective on hip hop what you are telling is not relevant or a analysis on hip hop and it seems you don't quite know the history of other music genres and how they developed and how they didn't develop in the way hip hop developed ( quite bad ) and you seem to not understand the difference between ENFORCING a stereotype and making an identity out of it and just being the news anchor for it its a difference a huge one maybe me personally i was and i am effected by the negativity that hip hop portrays i was effected both social and economical for that manner so i don't if you will ever understand

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 3:48 PM | Message # 58

Emcees
I understand, okay... so you were affected negatively.... a lot of us have been(it happens through other music too). But we can also be affected positively by the same rapper that made us smoke that 1st joint or pick up that gun.... but you say you cant...you say once that negativity is set, its too late basically....... how you gonna say that and then have respect for KRS1????? Criminal minded!!! yes, they did Stop the violence 1st but they still layed down some negative shit, right?!?! And then made a change.... and there has never been such a positive force in hiphop as the blastmaster himself.

Menace Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 4:11 PM | Message # 59

Heads
you talk about Criminal Minded by how much u studied in Krs 1's rhymes from the album ?? almost the whole album is a first person narrative the album itself doesn't glorify the notion of killing or robbing as i said Gill Scott Heron , The Last Poets etc. talked almost about the same stuff but the art remained in a intellectual basis in hip hop the art transforms in a way of life perpetuated and glorified as the ideal model of the typical negro that already lives a life infested by the same things that rappers talk about it seems the problems overshadows the solutions and the negative in hip hop overshadows the positive you seem to imply a sort of balance but by those comments that didn't rise

this is an half hour speech by Krs-One its called Hip Hop Beyond Entertainment
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2210962754622668554

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 12/Feb/09, 4:21 PM | Message # 60

Emcees
KRS1 is an intelligent speaker and knows how to work around things....similar to you -
Regardless, That album was a negative portrayal and I guarantee and know as a fact had a lot of youths doing negative shit... Regarless of it being an "artsy" thing or however you wanna call it. So are you saying it's okay for a fake ass rapper to go and rap about drugs and guns and then turn around and say it was an art and he was speaking on other peoples lives and other peoples struggles?!?!?

I've seen all the interviews......... He also says Soldier Boy is HipHop.. do you agree with that too?

Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » this is argubly one of the worst songs ever
Search: