[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » People Knocking Jay Z
People Knocking Jay Z
ill Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 12:34 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Man lately it seems its cool to look down on jay z because hes a more commercial rapper and i just wanna say its some bullshit, the dude has got so many records that are dope and reasonable doubt is a sick album, he does have some weak albums out and recent releases have been bellow par but he doesnt get all the knocks he deserves.

ima leave you with some of my favourite jay z songs in a lame attempt to make people see the light lol

lemme know what you think of him im interested to see how this splits people

The World Is Yours
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 12:38 PM | Message # 2

Heads
I like Jay-Z
so I agree with u, he doesnt deserve some of the hate he get from people
but some people r mad because he sold out and thats were alot of his hate mail come from

Sick With It
Watcher Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 12:49 PM | Message # 3

Watchers
Yeah, Jay WAS dope. Keyword WAS. Dude sold his soul for what they were paying.
ill Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 12:59 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (Watcher)
Yeah, Jay WAS dope. Keyword WAS. Dude sold his soul for what they were paying.

the black album was hot tho and that was 03, the last solid nas album for example was 02 gods son

only difference is nas has made less singles for the radio

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 1:01 PM | Message # 5

Heads
jay-z is mad overrated maybe more overrated then Tupac

ill Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 1:05 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
not really saying much everyones overatted

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 1:08 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (ill)
not really saying much everyones overatted

come on man cut that BS tupac , Jay-z , Biggie and these so called greatest MC's are the most overrated people on the planet they are hundreds of MC's in hip hop history that could take their places

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 1:11 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Menace)
come on man cut that BS tupac , Jay-z , Biggie and these so called greatest MC's are the most overrated people on the planet they are hundreds of MC's in hip hop history that could take their places

but then again Biggie and Pac r great MCs
in some eyes they may not be the best but they definately are noteworthy to be in the top 50

Sick With It
ill Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 1:13 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
just ask people here, most people have a case for an emcee being overratted from nas to gza to anyone

i dont think there are any that could take their place or they would be there already, they are just the rappers that appeal to the most people but hardly anyone hates on pac or biggie

The World Is Yours
11thPlague Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 2:40 PM | Message # 10

Removed
Quote (Menace)
jay-z is mad overrated maybe more overrated then Tupac

Your overrated Menace tongue biggrin

Menace Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 2:47 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (ill)
just ask people here, most people have a case for an emcee being overratted from nas to gza to anyone

i dont think there are any that could take their place or they would be there already, they are just the rappers that appeal to the most people but hardly anyone hates on pac or biggie

come on man CUT THAT BULLSHIT GZA is not a business man like jay-z is now days jay-z is more of a business man rather then a MC his pop icon status blows him in many top 10's and make him the greatest savior of hip hop you think a mainstreem cook will put Percee P or GZA in their top 10 ??? NO MAN I DON'T THINK SO

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 3:10 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (ill)
the black album was hot tho and that was 03, the last solid nas album for example was 02 gods son

only difference is nas has made less singles for the radio

only reason people say black album was good was coz of the singles 99 problems and dirt off your shoulder or whatever its called, i got that album for free and i found it boring.

Jay-Z is okay and does get SOME hate he doesn't deserve, there's no doubt he's a pretty good rapper and still is a good rapper when people say his lyrics fell off thats not true his lyrics are just as good today as they were in 96. But the selling out shit, he does deserve the hate for that he even admits he's a sellout here's a quote:

"if lyrics sold i'd probably be, lyrically Talib Kweli"

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Uncharted Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 3:34 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
Jay-Z PSA is my SHIT

NtG Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 3:35 PM | Message # 14

Heads
im with ill on this one.

Quote (Em_SeeD)
only reason people say black album was good was coz of the singles 99 problems and dirt off your shoulder or whatever its called, i got that album for free and i found it boring.

99 problems was my least fav song off of that. The best were Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Threat, and Lucifer. Im not sure if PSA was on that though, cuz that song is dope.

Jay-Z Was good, Stop knockin'

[deleted]
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 3:38 PM | Message # 15

Heads
yeah but a lot of jay-z's fans really overrate him, they say he's the goat but he's no where near that.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » People Knocking Jay Z
Search: