Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » People Knocking Jay Z
People Knocking Jay Z
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 9:30 AM | Message # 211

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
why u give an example sugarhill gang ??? when corporate monopolization started in hip hop that's when we saw the demise of it when Sugarhill Gang was signed nobody dictated what music they will make nobody had monopoly over their music you ever study how the industry works man?? you ever saw an actual record deal contract ?? WELL ME I SAW ONE most of them obligate the artist to respect the boards or commissions opinion over the product (being the music) and if needed to change the product at the boards decision that's how the deals go that's why UNDERGROUND music is so diverse nobody has limitations in the underground major artists have limitations based on their contracts WHEN BUSINESS DICTATES YOUR MUSIC THEN IT BECOMES WHACK AND WE SEE IT NOW DAYS !! GOODBYE AND IF YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND OK AND BYE BYE !!!

Why? cuz you always bitch about corporate rappers so I used them to prove my point...... and once again you went off on some other shit and avoided my question...Is SugarHill gang, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys etc. (all rappers for commercial gain) to blame for the "death of hiphop"???.... NO!!! They're still 100% hiphop and true pioneers.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 10:16 AM | Message # 212

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
IT NOW DAYS !! GOODBYE AND IF YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND OK AND BYE BYE !!!

Why? cuz you always bitch about corporate rappers so I used them to prove my point...... and once again you went off on some other shit and avoided my question...Is SugarHill gang, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys etc. (all rappers for commercial gain) to blame for the "death of hiphop"???.... NO!!! They're still 100% hiphop and true pioneers.

once again YOU ARE AN IDIOT !!! did the labels dictate what Beastie Boys did?? what music they released ?? man look at Erik's comment you people need to learn something learn how the industry works learn some musical history you people run yaal mouths whit out knowing shit yes corporate rappers are killing hip hop cause they conform to what their masters say YES learn some fucking business and you will see what's hard to understand ?? and if you want i can give u hundreds of examples of rappers that were good and after they gone major their style changed and gone wack man man I'm done whit you

11thPlague Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 10:23 AM | Message # 213

Removed
Yall do know that yall are BOTH RIGHT to a certain extent so i dont know why yall are arguing.
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 11:02 AM | Message # 214

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
once again YOU ARE AN IDIOT

quit being SO quick to say people don't know shit... You're not a fucking know it all... you're just a chump that runs his mouth in here cuz you crave attention about how knowlegable you are... truth is tho'... You're the" IDIOT"....
You're still going on about Corporate rappers killing hiphop....so that being said- You're claiming that sugarhill gang was the first to start killing hiphop......whether or not you beat around the bush on the situation like you always do...You're wrong - HipHop was meant to reach the masses and sometimes a lot of rappers are too stupid and dont understand the business(like You) and think they're Know-it-alls(like you)and need to be told how to make they're music better and more appealing..... And YES I KNOW(dont need you to tell me in 15 million more ways) some are rappers puppets on a string but stop classifying all of them into the same categorie.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 11:13 AM | Message # 215

Heads
once again your lack of understanding amazes nobody had fucking monopoly over Sugarhill Gang or fucking bestie boys now days as Erik stated monopoly is something usual in the music industry monopoly means both control of music and money most of the corporate rappers now days are told what to do not cause they are STUPID cause their contracts obligates them even if they are talented making Erik's point that's why people like Lil Wayne and some other run shit in hip hop and that's why Lil wayne limits himself only to bullshit he and 50 cent are prime examples of how corporate monopoly over the industry turns some decent rappers into brainless zombies that's my point now days that's how the industry works that's why this site exists that's why the underground exists unbalance in hip hop

ill Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 11:30 AM | Message # 216

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Music has always been business

i get you erik but you know what i mean, while music has been a product its been a business

i think discussions like this are good to have cos before we have a message and a movement we gotta be clear on it if you get me

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 11:39 AM | Message # 217

Heads
Quote (ill)
i get you erik but you know what i mean, while music has been a product its been a business

i think discussions like this are good to have cos before we have a message and a movement we gotta be clear on it if you get me

yes we always need to stress on such things BUT music in general must not be monopolized music is part of social life business and ultimately the nature of capitalism must not interfere in our social life's that's why we got rampant materialism that's why we got these stupid role models for our children and all this BS on our TV

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 12:18 PM | Message # 218

Emcees
all the being said.... JAY-Z is still Dope and did good for hiphop by forcing rappers to step their game up.... Fuck you if you think its too corporate... Jay-Z is still hiphop and will always be considered one of the best to touch the mic.

eboyd Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 3:53 PM | Message # 219

Heads
Once again, Jay WAS dope back when he was on his come up doing his thing with Big L, Biggie, Big Daddy Kane (a lot of Big's! Lol!) and when Reasonable Doubt dropped too, but his new shit is WACK (Minus a few tracks here and there. Also, American Gangster was actually a pretty decent album)!!!

And btw, Sugarhill Gang are the epitome of commercial rap. I liked "Rapper's Delight" as a song and realize it's impact on hip hop, but as the pioneers from the 70's have stated themselves "that shit was corny!" (Kool Moe Dee), but I recognize it's importance to hip hop, DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERY RHYME IN BIG BANK HANK'S VERSE WAS STOLEN OUT OF GRANDMASTER CAZ'S RHYME BOOK!!!! It's hilarious! And what's funnier is he even says Caz's name in the track (I'm the C-A-S-An the O-V-A and the rest is F-L-Y... Caz also called himself "Casanova Fly") and he states in the track that he "didn't even bite not a god damn word!" LMAO! Worst case of biting in hip hop history. I'd say that was the beginning of the commercialization of hip hop music, yes. LL Cool J is pretty corporate too, but he was rapping before the corporatocracy. To be corporate didn't hold quite the same meaning, though it was already leaning that direction, back then. Today, LL is as corporate as Fat Joe. Besides, he was never a great writer to begin with. I respect him, he's decent, but let's face it, the LL wasn't for no reason. The Ladies Love Cool James. There's no doubt about it. Dudes see through the facade. Females usually don't. And the Beasties never were truly hip hop to begin with. I respect them and I am actually a fan of theirs, but if you look into their story you will find that they were a failed punk band. They left punk when they realized they stood a better chance in hip hop and they liked the direction hip hop was taking, not commercially, but musically, with Run DMC becoming the group to revere, and they never looked back.

Either way, you need to learn the difference between CORPORATE and MAINSTREAM. There's a HUGE discrepancy there.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 4:08 PM | Message # 220

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Either way, you need to learn the difference between CORPORATE and MAINSTREAM. There's a HUGE discrepancy there.

No Doubt..... I know the difference, but We all see things differently and I just don't consider Jay a sellout or anything...he busted his ass through the industry, already had the credibility of being "hiphop" ...came up, and has every right to rap about his money and the way he lives now and what not

Menace Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 4:26 PM | Message # 221

Heads
nobody cares if he busted his ass in the industry he doesn't bring something new to the table even his fellow corporate buddy Nas brought 2 concept albums in 3 years Jay-z is rapping about the same thing from 1996 till now nothing new no new twist no new ideas like he never picked a book in 13 years ohh i don't wanna start this again fie as Lethaface said we see things differently even if the business industry is a one way we interpret it the way we want wink

eboyd Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 4:28 PM | Message # 222

Heads
FUCK! I got an IMPORTANT ASS COMMENT ERASED!!! He's the just of what I was saying:

Jay isn't a sellout because he raps about money. It is the way he does it. If someone wrote a poem where they talked passionately about killing and raping people, it may be sadistic, but if it is well written there's no doubting that fact. The opposite goes for poorly written love poetry. The only thing that makes it bad is the fact that he doesn't give a fuck. That is what makes him a sellout.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 4:41 PM | Message # 223

Emcees
there you go again assuming Menace dry ... how you figure NoBody cares? I care tongue
and Kool G Rap for an example ain't rapping about anything different but I bet you respect him tho'......... So if Jay-Z has a fan base and makes records HIS fans like it shouldn't be an issue(and yes I know there are Bullshit rappers like Soulja boy that say they make records for their fans but lets not even compare that fag with these guys cuz it's different)...anyway, thats my side and i see where you're coming from ......even though I don't really agree...... Also, I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan and don't listen to a lot of his newer shit but I respect him and think he's entitled to do what he wants to an extent

Added (20/Feb/09, 4:39 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (eboyd)
The only thing that makes it bad is the fact that he doesn't give a fuck. That is what makes him a sellout.

Snoop doesn't give a fuck and makes some Lazy ass raps just cuz he can too....is he a sellout?

Added (20/Feb/09, 4:41 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
In any business and in life in general the guy who works hard to make it to the top gets to kick it in the long run for his hard work, right?!?!

Menace Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 4:47 PM | Message # 224

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
and Kool G Rap for an example ain't rapping about anything different but I bet you respect him tho'.

don't compare them Kool G Rap brought something innovative to the game Jay-z's first album was a great album but the album itself didn't bring something innovative to the game is like saying Grandwizard Theodore now days sucks but still he is a legends even now days cause he invented the scratch you know ?? ohh and i thought you a Jigga fan lol

eboyd Date: Friday, 20/Feb/09, 4:55 PM | Message # 225

Heads
Hell yeah Snoop is a sellout. I've been saying that. No, you don't get to just "kick it" at the top. That's the problem. Rappers think they can just kick it. What if DaVinci was painting today and made it to the top of our society and decided to start drawing stick figures because it became popular and it was easy? People would call him a sellout too. Laziness is intolerable. The point of making it that far isn't to stop working hard. If it were this world would be decaying by the second. Everything would be old and run down. Man, the hard work is meant for when you're on top. And yes, Jay is a hardworking business man, but any true artist puts his art before his business and before his paycheck. John Coltrane didn't stop working hard after A Love Supreme, did he? He actually kept working just as hard. His work got more and more abstract to the point that he was making Indian meditation music just before he died.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » People Knocking Jay Z
Search: