[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » People Knocking Jay Z
People Knocking Jay Z
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 18/Feb/09, 9:56 AM | Message # 196

Emcees
if you say Jay-Z is a garbage "Rapper" you're just Retarded..... just b/c you don't like the Man he's become it doesn't make him Garbage....He's a grown man now.... and if he was still rapping about selling drugs and what not at this age you'd probably shit on him for that too...... HE's An Amazingly Talented Rapper and you can't deny it....don't hate cuz he ain't "cool" in your little underground BackPacker world....HipHop is bigger than that.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

ill Date: Wednesday, 18/Feb/09, 9:58 AM | Message # 197

Emcees
wordd

The World Is Yours
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 18/Feb/09, 10:03 AM | Message # 198

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
yes you must not pour money into corporate rappers cause you pour money into the demise of hip hop

woah nelly!!!! HipHop is entertainment and whether we like it or not we live in a world where it costs money to be entertained...and even sugarhill gangs record was corporate....was it them that started the death of hiphop??? I think not......

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

SnoopG79 Date: Wednesday, 18/Feb/09, 3:19 PM | Message # 199

Beatboxers
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
woah nelly!!!! HipHop is entertainment and whether we like it or not we live in a world where it costs money to be entertained...and even sugarhill gangs record was corporate....was it them that started the death of hiphop??? I think not......

Truer words have never been typed but people seem to forget that hip-hop is entertainment just as much as it's a culture.

Only god can judge me.
LyricalContent Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 0:25 AM | Message # 200

Emcees
Quote (SnoopG79)

Truer words have never been typed but people seem to forget that hip-hop is entertainment just as much as it's a culture.

truth i don't see why it's so hard to understand that

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8

Message edited by LyricalContent - Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 0:26 AM
Menace Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 10:43 AM | Message # 201

Heads

why u give an example sugarhill gang ??? when corporate monopolization started in hip hop that's when we saw the demise of it when Sugarhill Gang was signed nobody dictated what music they will make nobody had monopoly over their music you ever study how the industry works man?? you ever saw an actual record deal contract ?? WELL ME I SAW ONE most of them obligate the artist to respect the boards or commissions opinion over the product (being the music) and if needed to change the product at the boards decision that's how the deals go that's why UNDERGROUND music is so diverse nobody has limitations in the underground major artists have limitations based on their contracts WHEN BUSINESS DICTATES YOUR MUSIC THEN IT BECOMES WHACK AND WE SEE IT NOW DAYS !! GOODBYE AND IF YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND OK AND BYE BYE !!!

ill Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 10:47 AM | Message # 202

Emcees
business dictates anyway because theyre selling a product

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 10:49 AM | Message # 203

Heads
Quote (ill)
business dictates anyway because theyre selling a product

well then business makes your music not you you think J Dilla gave a shit what a board of directors said about his music ?? man don't be a hypocrite wink

ill Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 10:51 AM | Message # 204

Emcees
why does immortal technique give his albums out for free then?

and how am i being a hypocrit

The World Is Yours

Message edited by ill - Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 10:52 AM
Menace Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 10:55 AM | Message # 205

Heads
Quote (ill)
why does immortal technique give his albums out for free then?

why J Dilla or MF DOOM didn't/don't follow the path of Timbaland ?? man once again don't be a hypocrite as a said people don't want limitations in their music they want to create their music the way they want Def Jam wanted to sign Immortal technique and he didn't guess why ?? art suppresses capital sometimes but most times capital suppresses art and that's when ART dies !! examples is today's music wink

ill Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 11:00 AM | Message # 206

Emcees
he didnt because hes so concered with his underground fuck the mainstream image, i dont see how im being a hypocrit

business has always dictated music, wether its how many albums you print or sell or whatever, you can make music for the love but its a business.

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 11:05 AM | Message # 207

Heads
Quote (ill)
he didnt because hes so concered with his underground fuck the mainstream image, i dont see how im being a hypocrit

business has always dictated music, wether its how many albums you print or sell or whatever, you can make music for the love but its a business.

you are because you portray a false contradictory image maybe not cause you want but from per natural causes it seems you don't understand the words monopoly over music !! monopoly means exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service !! in music is a famous example this term cause certain business officials control your music and dictate how you will do your music not you as an artist make your music at your own will in your own creations how you been thought at art school or whatever

ill Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 11:10 AM | Message # 208

Emcees
we are chalk and cheese lol its all good man im gonna drop it cos were not getting through to each other but i see what you mean about putting business before the music, and i agree it happens alot with in the industry but my point is that music is always a business, like you said immortal technique denied a contract because it helps sell his image (among other more prominant reasons) all im saying is as long as people are selling records, its a business but the real hip hop puts the music first

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 11:16 AM | Message # 209

Heads
Quote (ill)
we are chalk and cheese lol its all good man im gonna drop it cos were not getting through to each other but i see what you mean about putting business before the music, and i agree it happens alot with in the industry but my point is that music is always a business, like you said immortal technique denied a contract because it helps sell his image (among other more prominant reasons) all im saying is as long as people are selling records, its a business but the real hip hop puts the music first

well this why i say you a hypocrite ( not in a dissing manner ) cause you trow some words that don't make sense one IT denied the contract as he states it because he wanted his music untouched second IMAGE sells only in the mainstreem you will never sell image in the underground only music third yes music is business too but business means you sell it you make a business as in occupation . trade that doesn't mean the business itself interferes whit the music cause when it does it cuts the creative juices that's why we have in a company different people that occupies a place in it no?? and at last you understood tough biggrin

eboyd Date: Thursday, 19/Feb/09, 6:28 PM | Message # 210

Heads
Music has always been business? I beg to differ. Mozart made music for commercial gains? Beethoven? They had individuals (kings, queens, other high officials in their respective countries' nobility) who would allow them to play at certain venues, sure, but they became popular on their own accord and some didn't even become popular until hundreds of years post-mortem (Vivaldi for example). Then you had the dawn of a new era in the 1900's. Early blues artists made very little money because they did it for the LOVE OF THE MUSIC. Then came later blues, early jazz, etc., where the beginning of record companies came along and they pushed artists in a business sense, but they were skilled artists; people who went to school for YEARS studying just music. And even then, some of the greatest artists had very little commercial success and avoided major labels. John Coltrane was never a commercial success and never tried to be. Jimi Hendrix was a 1 hit wonder in the US, so he went to London and had mild success, though nowhere near that of more popular artists of his time. Jaco Pastorius, considered the greatest bass player in the history of music, was hardly successful and I believe he died broke (and drunk and with brain damage because of a club bouncer who threw him through glass that looked into the nightclub he was working for). Sure, these artists don't mind commercial success, but they also are tired of having to sell their souls to achieve it. And what adds to that is the fact that the industry has changed now. There was a time, not to long ago (the 90's), where independent labels, with independent distribution, could co-exist with major labels. The Wu Tang Clan had all their success on their own private label. Today, UMG, Sony, EMI, WMG, etc., have all turned the industry into an oligarchy and are buying out the indie labels either flat out or buying out their distribution. Indies can't compete today. That and that only is the reason we saw a shift in the music and an end to the golden age. That is why the Soulja Boy's and Lil Wayne's of the industry are running amuck. It all ties back into the shortcomings of capitalism. Recognize that. Therein lies the difference between hip hop and rap.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » People Knocking Jay Z
Search: