Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Random Ass Ranting About Nothing
Random Ass Ranting About Nothing
ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 20/Dec/09, 11:31 PM | Message # 1

Writers
Quote (Dookie)
yeah the Vatican are pure evil, plain and simple, and it would be just another move to try and convert more youth into their religion as they are majorly marketing Roman Catholicism all over the internet, trying to boost their numbers worldwide. Not aimed at Catholics, sure you might think the Vatican is great, but think of the real situation, the Roman Catholic Church if anything was a politically motivated move as Romans were a bunch of multiple god & goddess worshipping civilization, with Christianity being an "underground movement" at the time and that movement was gaining massive steam, "WE ARE CHRISTIANS NOW, PRAISE THE LORD", i majorly doubt it, i would personally like to go through their records cause that would have to be one of the institutions who have kept track of real modern history over the course of it.

it's just a cool article for rap fans to know that an institution as large as the vatican is recognizing not just any american artist, but a ghetto black thug who was the son of a crack head ... "the rose that grew from concrete" ... we all know about rome and the nicean creed but don't look at that, look at how far 2pac has come ... that's the best part of the article

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Uncharted Date: Sunday, 20/Dec/09, 11:45 PM | Message # 2

Watchers
[quote=ALCATRAZ]ghetto black thug[/quote]
lmao tupac wasnt an actual thug believe it or not
Dookie Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 2:00 AM | Message # 3

Emcees
Quote (Uncharted)
lmao tupac wasnt an actual thug believe it or not

Far from it, and its posturing from the vatican, nothing more nothing less.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 2:49 AM | Message # 4

Writers
you guys don't know what you're talking about ...

Dookie Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 2:56 AM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (ALCATRAZ)

yeah we do and he was no thug. just cause he talked it in his music doesnt mean that he literally was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 3:01 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)

i like 2pac, i'm not "hating," but i work with Leila Steinberg who was his manager from the beginning and she will even tell you he was never really a thug. sure, he rolled with some questionable people from time to time, but so do i and i'd never call myself a thug. 2pac was an art school kid raised in an atmosphere of revolution by his stepfather Mutulu and his mother who was a black panther. he was talented and people knew he would do great things from the beginning. he really didn't become that "thug" and get that "thug" image until the last 9 months of his life after he was released from jail on bond and signed to Death Row.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 3:02 AM | Message # 7

Writers
Quote (Dookie)
yeah we do and he was no thug

"that's why i say i'm a thug -- because i came from the gutter, and i'm still here" -2Pac

pac's definition of thug life was totally different then what children on the internet perceive it as ... he was poor and his mom was a drug addict, so he obviously lead a difficult lifestyle ... children think that to be a thug you need to bust your gun (which pac has done, btw) or be reckless 24/7 ... to be a thug is to be a man of your own, to not bow to anyone and always protect whats rightfully yours ... pac did that tenfold

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 3:14 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
pac's definition of thug life was totally different then what children on the internet perceive it as ... he was poor and his mom was a drug addict, so he obviously lead a difficult lifestyle ... children think that to be a thug you need to bust your gun (which pac has done, btw) or be reckless 24/7 ... to be a thug is to be a man of your own, to not bow to anyone and always protect whats rightfully yours ... pac did that tenfold

Pac defined it differently. that doesn't make him a thug in the sense of what a thug really is:

"thug
  /θʌg/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [thuhg] Show IPA ,
Use thug in a Sentence
See web results for thug
See images of thug
–noun
1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer."

2pac was known for taking terms that had negative connotations and making them positive. he had an acronym for "thug life" as well

T.he
H.ate
U
G.ave

L.ittle
I.nfant
F.ucks
E.veryone

he wasn't one, but people branded him a "thug" because he represented everything that white people hated about black culture, so he embraced the term and flipped it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 3:15 AM | Message # 9

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
he really didn't become that "thug" and get that "thug" image until the last 9 months of his life after he was released from jail on bond and signed to Death Row.

DX: Switching gears here, I got a couple stories to ask you about that involve you and a couple other Hip Hop legends. First, is it true that you and Tupac were looting together during the ’92 L.A. Riots?
Kool G Rap: Definitely was.

DX: [Laughs] How in the hell did that happen?
Kool G Rap: [Laughs] I mean, we wasn’t so much looting, we was just out there poppin’ off guns.

DX: So what ‘Pac just called you up?
Kool G Rap: We were both in the same studio [in L.A.]. He was working on one of his albums and I was working on one of my albums. I was in there with Sir Jinx. Me, Jinx and my man Gooch from out in Cali, we was riding out there [during the riots] together.

try understanding that it had nothing 2 do with him "becoming" anything ... it was in him the entire time

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 3:38 AM | Message # 10

Heads
.....no

i've watched out for friends (many of which were, in fact, gang members) while they went to vandalize before (when i was a teen). does that make me a "thug"??? he said they were "just out there poppin' off guns". for all i know he was shooting up in the air. rednecks do that far more often than "thugs" do. that was completely vague. why do you even want to argue that Pac was a thug anyways? i'm far more comfortable with him being an art student anyways.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 4:27 AM | Message # 11

Writers
so what, he's only a thug if he shoots his gun AT someone?

are you happy now? or are you gonna come up with some other obscure excuse as to why pac isn't what he claimed to be ... it seems as though some people have an issue with the fact that pac was realer than your average ... he's remembered for a reason

Dookie Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 4:27 AM | Message # 12

Emcees
eboyd knows his shit ALCATRAZ, i think you just jumped on the literal meaning of thug and took what he said literally instead of peeping his reality or mindview and all that gangsta shit cause he associated with death row. He was a switched on man tupac regardless, well read and intelligent.

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 4:49 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
he's remembered for a reason

that reason isn't because he was a thug though, it was because he was a FANTASTIC artist and human being that effected MANY peoples' lives.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 4:54 AM | Message # 14

Writers

we all have our reasons for remembering the man...

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 4:58 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
we all have our reasons for remembering the man...

people who loved 2pac because he was literally a thug are both ill informed and ignorant.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Random Ass Ranting About Nothing
Search: