[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » How To Transition From Chorus To Verse ((Tips))
How To Transition From Chorus To Verse
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 12:10 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Okay Im making my first official beat right, and Im having trouble making a transition from the chorus into the verse were somebody will be rapping over...and I dont kno how to do it...so any help?

Sick With It
Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 9:09 PM | Message # 2

Watchers
bump

cmon NtG I need ur feedback!!!!
Help me out!!!

NtG Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 10:07 PM | Message # 3

Heads
idk lol i have some trouble with this as well, but i usually cut out some drums (usually hi-hats) right before i go into the chorus

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 10:21 PM | Message # 4

Heads
I think I found a good solution..Ill post it in a lil bit..one sec

Sick With It
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 10:33 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Ok heres my beat, I think its done as is, but if any of yall think I need to do something else just tell me

Sick With It
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 10:58 PM | Message # 6

Heads
bump u ass holes!!!!!

Sick With It
NtG Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 10:58 PM | Message # 7

Heads
nobody cares!!

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 10:59 PM | Message # 8

Heads
JUST LISTEN TO MY FUCKING BEAT PLEASE!!!!!!

Sick With It
NtG Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:01 PM | Message # 9

Heads
lol i did. and i dont like how in all of your beats you have just bare drums playing that lead into the beat. you need to work on your intros more. i couldnt even tell where the chorus was so i cant comment on your transition. other than that, its alright.

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:02 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (NtG)
lol i did. and i dont like how in all of your beats you have just bare drums playing that lead into the beat. you need to work on your intros more. i couldnt even tell where the chorus was so i cant comment on your transition. other than that, its alright

Bare beats?
wat does that mean?
I took it into the mixer and changed some things to give it more thump I even blended 2 kicks to make a louder kick

Sick With It
NtG Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:04 PM | Message # 11

Heads
i mean that i dont like how you just have the drums playing without a melody, and then the melody comes in. it sounds bad.

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:05 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (NtG)
i mean that i dont like how you just have the drums playing without a melody, and then the melody comes in. it sounds bad.

So when I have my snare and hi hat going I should add a melody into it so it wont sound bare?

Sick With It
NtG Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:07 PM | Message # 13

Heads
or maybe do the melody first w/o the drums, and then bring the drums in somehow.

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:08 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (NtG)
or maybe do the melody first w/o the drums, and then bring the drums in somehow.

Hmph.....okay Ill see wat I can whip up, so Ill try doing the melody first and adding the drums in after that okay

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 11:10 PM | Message # 15

Heads
is the hook where you have the higher pitched electronic piano sound come in? if so, you need to make your verses longer and usually you actually put the fuller sounds in the hook and drop some sound in the verses, not the other way around. the acoustic, lower pitched piano sound is fuller than the other one, but it does work for your hook. i like what you did with that last hook where you had both pianos playing at the same time. you should do that for all your hooks on this beat. other than that you should lengthen your verses to 16 bars (just the standard. you can have as many as you like, but 8 is way too short especially if your hook is going to be the standard 8 bars too) and, like NtG said, change up the fugly intro tongue btw, you know how to count bars, right?

anyways, that aside, this is by far your best beat i've heard yet. keep up the good work and maybe i'll bless you with a verse biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » How To Transition From Chorus To Verse ((Tips))
Search: