[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » I NEED A BEAT!!!!
I NEED A BEAT!!!!
TheHipHopSpot Date: Friday, 18/Feb/11, 4:24 PM | Message # 1

OGs
i got 7-8 people ready rip up a beat. it needs to go HARD. a beat that also has longevity, and can hold the weight of so many mcs. these are the people who will be on the track so far

Eboyds verse

PsioNics verse

Trigger the Soldiers verse

EmSeeD's verse

lol

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHipHopSpot
SPC
http://southparkcoalition.webs.com/
eboyd Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 0:24 AM | Message # 76

Heads
did he really? if so, big ups man! how much did you have to pay? if you had to pay, i'll definitely see what i can do to recoup the cost.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 0:25 AM | Message # 77

Heads
btw, i sent the beat to your email bro. let me know if you got it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 0:28 AM | Message # 78

Heads
dude if u gave my beat to mac lethal he would so jock it more than your beat unite-c decided to give you

livin life like some cheesy movie
Adam Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 5:47 AM | Message # 79

B-Girls
Who da fuck is mac lethal?!?!?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
J-Breakz Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 10:23 AM | Message # 80

Heads
A deadly ladies man

eboyd Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 11:15 AM | Message # 81

Heads
Lol Mac Lethal was the Scribble Jam champion in I think 2001. He is a known battle rapper, both in the freestyle circuit and Grind Time. He is also known for his ability to rap faster than just about any living human and still use fully coherent words. Oh, and he's white.

J-Breakz, the beat you made sounds like it's tailor made for Mac Lethal, but there are 7 other emcees on this track besides him, most of which sound much better with a hardcore, boom bap sound. And again, the drums on your beat are mad quantized and, upon listening with headphones, I'm not really feeling the snare on your beat or the mixdown on the drums in general. Again, it's a pretty cool beat, but beat 9 is undeniable. And I'm not just doing this because of my man Unite C either. He doesn't even like this beat that much anymore because he's so critical of himself. I personally think it's probably the best beat he has ever produced, or at least it's up there. The style of this beat just fits the general vibe of the artists involved in this project. Yours only fits with Mac Lethal imo. Had I not gotten Unite C's beat, though, yours definitely would be the front runner in my eyes.

But, of course, I encourage people not to just go with my opinion. Everyone, go to page 4 of this thread yourselves, listen to J-Breakz' beat, then listen to Unite C's beat 9 here:

http://unitec.bandcamp.com

Listen to both of those and tell everyone which you like better, both for this project and in general. If you guys prefer J-Breakz' beat, then be my guest, and I'll just spit what I already had written to Unite C's beat. But if you guys prefer Unite C's beat, be honest about it and we will use it for this project.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 2:32 PM | Message # 82

Heads
i just dont' think j-breakz beat would suit a song with 7 rappers on it, if it was just one rapper rapping about some topic fine but not for a track with 7 different guys

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 4:57 PM | Message # 83

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
lyrical agent is going to be battling in dont flop. his battle will be out on the 28th. cant wait

i saw it, i think that was the battle...lyrical agent did good even though he lost..he's also an anti injustice movement artist "the aim" i remember the first time i laid eyes on his freestyle that i think u posted..he's sick..

Chinita Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 5:01 PM | Message # 84

Heads
Quote (Adam)
ho da fuck is mac lethal?!?!?

lol

Erratic-Methodz Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 5:19 PM | Message # 85

Beatboxers
Quote (LadyChinita)
Quote (Adam)
ho da fuck is mac lethal?!?!?

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....whos mac lethal................LAUGH MY FUCKING ITALIAN JEWISH ARSE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheHipHopSpot Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 8:30 PM | Message # 86

OGs
you know who doesnt like mac lethal? black people....

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHipHopSpot
SPC
http://southparkcoalition.webs.com/
eboyd Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 8:39 PM | Message # 87

Heads
^^^ you know who doesn't like black people? Mac Lethal.

Asher Roth got paid and you didn't so now you're pissed lookin' bro :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Erratic-Methodz Date: Friday, 25/Mar/11, 11:41 PM | Message # 88

Beatboxers
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
you know who doesnt like mac lethal? black people....

Quote (eboyd)
you know who doesn't like black people? Mac Lethal.

lmfao! i love that battle...

J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 26/Mar/11, 1:32 PM | Message # 89

Heads
Quote (ladychinita)

....wat?

J-Breakz, the beat you made sounds like it's tailor made for Mac Lethal, but there are 7 other emcees on this track besides him, most of which sound much better with a hardcore, boom bap sound.

I dont think 7 rappers on any beat isn't going to sound good

And again, the drums on your beat are mad quantized

just so u kno, there is no degree of quantization. the beats are either quantized or they aren't. they can't be REALLY quantized or only a little. btw, reply to the economics section already

I thought mac lethal was a black guy from the west coast for a minute.

eboyd Date: Saturday, 26/Mar/11, 3:24 PM | Message # 90

Heads
If you individualize parts of your drums (ie: the hi-hat, the kick, and the snare), you can quantize different aspects of it and not others. For example, you can leave swing in the kick and hi-hats and quantize the snare. Also, there are different degrees of quantization, ie: 1/4 quantization, which is the highest most machines (such as drum machines and MPCs) go, and also the most rigid quantization. Then you can go as low as 1/32, and sometimes 1/64, before taking quantization off completely. It's sort of like different degrees of grit on sandpaper. Most known producers take quantization off for hats and kicks and if they quantize the drums at all they only quantize the snare. You really can't develop your style without taking quantization off for most aspects of your drums.

As for the economic thread, last I checked you said you were still going to post more so I was waiting. I also don't have time atm and I am corresponding with another ancap (who is far less hostile and far more rational than yourself) by email as well, so I will get to it when I can. I will say that you brought up a good point, but I do have a response, I just need some time to respond properly.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » I NEED A BEAT!!!!
Search: