Quote (I_Guy)
Prince = Better Artists

thats why i said prince

YANHAP1 Date: Tuesday, 08/Dec/09, 6:02 AM | Message # 17

DJs
Quote (Menace)
the cultural impact of Michael Jackson was huge

Wow!

That surprised me that you would use success in popular culture over artisic expression and talent Menace.
Especially on a Real Hip Hop site.
Unless you prefer MJ's works and it's just a matter of taste.

Prince has the funk and some fine wimmin around him.

Quote (I_Guy)
Prince = Better Artists
Jackson = Better Entertainer

True.The Love Sexy tour was something else though.

Quote (Uncharted)
Quote (I_Guy)
Prince = Better Artists

thats why i said prince

Indeed.

who killed bambi?

Menace Date: Tuesday, 08/Dec/09, 7:30 AM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (YANHAP1)
Wow!

That surprised me that you would use success in popular culture over artisic expression and talent Menace.
Especially on a Real Hip Hop site.
Unless you prefer MJ's works and it's just a matter of taste.

The man didn't became famous just because as these kids and artists now days the man worked all his life . The dude was good was a good artist that needs proper respect as any good artists alongside history.

YANHAP1 Date: Tuesday, 08/Dec/09, 11:52 AM | Message # 19

DJs
Quote (Menace)
The man didn't became famous just because as these kids and artists now days the man worked all his life . The dude was good was a good artist that needs proper respect as any good artists alongside history

I don't disagree with that in the slightest.

Though as i said earlier his only decent album imo was Off the Wall,produced by Quincy Jones.

Prince runs every aspect of his songs,writing,music and production.

He's an all rounder has less mass appeal granted but his target audience didn't include kids.

MJ's music image and material has always had a family friendly appeal as a solo artist esp from Thriller onwards.
MJ's talent was honed from a very young age of course but then he had to under an enviroment of fear and intimidation.
He was trained, no doubt at times against his will, he was in many respects a product of manufacture.

Prince with his ambigious but always constant sexuality could in no way compete to MJ's mass appeal over a broad market.

Prince's audience is pretty much niche, and he plays what and how he wants when and where he wants unoccupied with fan concerns.

His concern is solely music.

He is true to his honest creative expression.

And yet despite that has undoubtably achieved great success and maintained control of his career under his terms at all times.

Thats why i put Prince before MJ.

who killed bambi?

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 08/Dec/09, 6:07 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (YANHAP1)
Prince's audience is pretty much niche, and he plays what and how he wants when and where he wants unoccupied with fan concerns.

His concern is solely music.

He is true to his honest creative expression.

And yet despite that has undoubtably achieved great success and maintained control of his career under his terms at all times.

Thats why i put Prince before MJ.

I think that's why I have so much respect for him as an artist. He does not care what other people want him to make, he makes the music he wants to make. Plus, his music is just funkier than MJ's.

livin life like some cheesy movie
YANHAP1 Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 12:16 PM | Message # 21

DJs
I believe the children are the future. :p

who killed bambi?

ALCATRAZ Date: Thursday, 31/Dec/09, 12:02 PM | Message # 22

Writers
Prince was the better artist, Michael was the better entertainer.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 31/Dec/09, 1:31 PM | Message # 23

Emcees
Michael Jackson in my opinion, was far superior to prince. he dominates him on all levels

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

J-Breakz Date: Thursday, 31/Dec/09, 3:06 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
Michael Jackson in my opinion, was far superior to prince. he dominates him on all levels

explain artistically. Personally, I don't think Michael Jackson would be as big without the genius of Quincy Jones.

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 31/Dec/09, 6:29 PM | Message # 25

Emcees
explain artistically. Personally, I don't think Michael Jackson would be as big without the genius of Quincy Jones.

Not really sure how to explain someones artistic traits, depends on how one perceives art. Michale's dancing ability, the music he sang (or his art) and how it spanned 5 decades and how it was at the top of the charts all the time. Dude was dressing like Andre 3000 in 1980, if that shit aint artistic i don't know what is. Movies, album themes, im sure theres more just still kinda stuck on the question. Yes Quincy had a huge role in Micheal's life and career, but Michael was doing it big long before Quincy was in the mix.

Added (31/Dec/09, 6:29 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Once again, all opinionated. I cant hate on anyone who feels prince is better tho, dudes paid his dues

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 11:41 AM | Message # 26

OGs
Quote (abanks47)

take it back or im downing your rep

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

abanks47 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 1:06 PM | Message # 27

Emcees
this is pure history right here. watch the whole vid and tell me who's better and who makes an ass of them self. the highlight is around 4:50.

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:02 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
watch the whole vid and tell me who's better and who makes an ass of them self.

Yeah, think about it like this: you got 3 legends on the same stage, which one is everyone talkin about tho? Prince, that fool acted crazy n stuff for the publicity. I admit, I believe that he has some attention problems too, but you still can't deny his musical genius. All 3 are amazing performers, but I think MJ is the better entertainer and prince is the better artist. Prince even produced other groups too. For example, the time. He played like every instrument and did all the instrument solos on their records, has MJ done something like that?

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:05 PM | Message # 29

Heads
LOL Look how Prince went on stage. Riding on the back of a huge caveman dude lol.

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:09 PM | Message # 30

Heads
no doubt he had some attention problems or something tho

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Prince vs. Michael Jackson
Search: