Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Prince vs. Michael Jackson
Prince vs. Michael Jackson
ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:11 PM | Message # 31

Writers
Quote (J-Breakz)
For example, the time. He played like every instrument and did all the instrument solos on their records

Wow, I never knew that.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:18 PM | Message # 32

Heads
"Prince recorded all the music himself, crediting the production to Jamie Starr and Morris Day, who at least was allowed to sing on the record, but was forced to follow Prince's guide vocals note-for-note."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_%28band%29

livin life like some cheesy movie
abanks47 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:20 PM | Message # 33

Emcees
prince ever do some shit like this?

all for the love of his art. Prince got purple rain but michael got Thriller argueably the best concept video of all time, Bad, that smooth criminal movie, and tons of other shit. I think they were both incredible artists, like i said it depends on ones perception of art, i feel what MJ did was art and it outshone Prince. once again just me though, i never been huge on prince, maybe ill listen to some of his shit but i dont think it's aged well has it?

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:31 PM | Message # 34

OGs
Quote (abanks47)

oh wow ... a shoe

did MJ have a sexy body like this?

Added (01/Jan/10, 5:31 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
ill give u that, mj is a better performer, actor, dancer, w/e but its all about the MUSIC, and prince beats MJ to it

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:37 PM | Message # 35

Writers
Quote (sodr2)
who needs girls?

Quote (sodr2)

LOL either sodr2 is a female or one funny fellow. :D

abanks47 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:42 PM | Message # 36

Emcees
haha^^

dude if its all about the music MJ literally rapes prince. he holds him down and forces him to have sex against his will. there i said it

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 5:57 PM | Message # 37

OGs
i dont think MJ even played the guitar or read musical notes how pathetic is that as a MUSICIAN

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
LOL either sodr2 is a female or one funny fellow. :D

im a female trapped in a man's body

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

abanks47 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:04 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
"He showed talent early in his life, performing in front of classmates during a Christmas recital in kindergarten. In 1964, he and Marlon joined the Jackson Brothers—a band formed by brothers Jackie, Tito, and Jermaine—as backup musicians playing congas and tambourine. " -wiki

being a musician for over 40 years i doubt you dont learn a thing or two. I'm sure MJ knew how to play certain things just chose not to put it in his music, and his best instrument was his voice. nothing prince played holds a fuckin birthday candle to MJ's voice. Also i cant believe u used the word pathetic and MJ in the same sentence. SMH shake shake shake

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:10 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
dude if its all about the music MJ literally rapes prince. he holds him down and forces him to have sex against his will. there i said it

Musically quincy jones helped him a lot. Also, MJ had a lot of song writers and instrumentalists working with him on his music. From my knowledge, Prince did everything in his music. Not only that but I think Prince has better music than Michael Jackson, but thats cuz I like that dirty funk sound more than Michael Jackson's pop sound

abanks47 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:14 PM | Message # 40

Emcees
ok but still...

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:18 PM | Message # 41

Heads
are you just saying that cuz you like MJ's voice more than prince's?

Chinita Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:20 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (sodr2)

hahaha sod ur nuts

Quote (abanks47)

i think i can do figure 6 if i crazy glued my shoes..

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:20 PM | Message # 43

OGs
raspberry beret or human nature? both are like... how do i describe it? they give you this facial expression

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 6:21 PM | Message # 44

Heads
All I'm sayin is just because MJ had music that had a much wider appeal does not mean that he is the better artist. Like Yanhap said,

Prince runs every aspect of his songs,writing,music and production.

Prince's audience is pretty much niche, and he plays what and how he wants when and where he wants unoccupied with fan concerns.

His concern is solely music.

He is true to his honest creative expression.

ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 7:56 PM | Message # 45

Writers
Quote (sodr2)
raspberry beret or human nature?

Human Nature, easily.

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Friday, 01/Jan/10, 7:57 PM
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Prince vs. Michael Jackson
Search: