Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Americans are NOT stupid
Americans are NOT stupid
eboyd Date: Friday, 29/Jan/10, 6:29 PM | Message # 61

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
no what i'm saying is that when they do those tests and show results about countries that are smart, its automatically flawed because who is anybody to define knowledge? most of those are based off of english and math exclusively... you can look this up... those links dont provide any insight into other facets of knowledge that arent even taught in school... i think its funny that you are allowed to be an exception to the rule, yet everyone else is considered an idiot....

have you not had a conversation with an average American? yes, there are far more intelligent Americans than we give credit for, but seriously, try having an intellectual conversation with the average American. there are common precepts we are exposed to that are far from truth and most are too lazy to look past them. i call that ignorance. i'm an exception (as you are too) because i have chosen to look a bit deeper. i'm not bragging that i am an exception, i am just stating a fact.

and yes, those studies are based on English and Math, but you can simply converse with people to see that they don't know much about other subjects either. Americans have no clue about history, especially when it isn't pertinent to the US and don't even get started with the scientists. i actually provided a link that spoke not of math and English though. one of the main articles i posted spoke about liberal arts and other aspects of knowledge that other countries excel at and we do not. it is the PDF. check it out.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 29/Jan/10, 8:52 PM | Message # 62

Writers
I agree with what you are saying but you act as if there is some country out there where the majority can discuss history on a scholarly level. What's funny is that Menace is so wrapped up in talking about the masses, he forgets that we aren't the only mass of people on earth. Can the majority of people living in France discuss the philosophy of Nikola Tesla? Can everyone in Germany demonstrate Pi? So what is the use in singling out America, just because we are on top?

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Friday, 29/Jan/10, 8:54 PM
Adam Date: Saturday, 30/Jan/10, 3:18 PM | Message # 63

B-Girls
You having those poor pandas slide down that potentially dangerious, life threatening, sky scrapping, man handling, religion hating, private touching, SLIDE, proves to me how stupid americans are.

What about those canadians killing off baby seals for fun.

And what about the disney movie, "Beauty and the Beast." Teaching young girls that when they marry their abusive husbands they should just be nice and love him more to make him stop.

And those video games!!

And those soulja mans on tv!!

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ALCATRAZ Date: Saturday, 30/Jan/10, 3:25 PM | Message # 64

Writers
That clip is actually from the Wolong Reserve near Chengdu, China. They rescue Pandas, which are an endangered species, and keep them there to retain them for future breeding. Pandas naturally love to climb, so it would be fitting that they have wooden playgrounds in their sanctuary.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Saturday, 30/Jan/10, 7:24 PM
Adam Date: Saturday, 30/Jan/10, 3:27 PM | Message # 65

B-Girls
Word^

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 30/Jan/10, 3:27 PM | Message # 66

Heads
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news....ey.html

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 30/Jan/10, 7:49 PM | Message # 67

OGs
Quote (Adam)
And what about the disney movie, "Beauty and the Beast." Teaching young girls that when they marry their abusive husbands they should just be nice and love him more to make him stop.

A submissive wife... now THATS where its at

i myself have been ignorant on a certain topic:

now im scared =(

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Sunday, 31/Jan/10, 4:54 AM | Message # 68

Heads
rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Sunday, 31/Jan/10, 2:01 PM | Message # 69

B-Girls
Haha the ending of that commercial was obvious, but still funny.

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 31/Jan/10, 3:07 PM | Message # 70

OGs
Your testicles are filled with SEMEN!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Americans are NOT stupid
Search: