Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Notorious BIG Movie
Notorious BIG Movie
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:10 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Yes, to a degree Biggie had a choice, but making the right choices are sooooooooooooooooo much easier said than done. I guess what the real problem with gangsta rap is that too many people don't see it for what it is and unfortunately they want to idolize the negatives of someone else's life. I guess the problem is that there isn't enough people who educate themselves enough to recognize sensationalism when they see it. For me all the gangsta rap shit is fascinating, and not because it is flamboyant and edgy, it's fascinating because it clearly demonstrates the tragedy of humanity. -The tragedy of how we can let an entire culture eat itself, and there is simply nothing we can do about it. How it is a result of history (slavery) and how the effects of one people oppressing another affects the far future for a long time (even though we pretend it doesn't). So many things are connected, and one thing I have realized is that there are no absolutes without exceptions. You know, Socrates was wise because he knew he wasn't.

Now, who the hell says art can't ruin culture (although ideally I don't approve). No one says that art is a positive medium of expression. Art is simply the creation of something out of nothing and designed by the human mind with the intent to express thought. Just because it serves a negative purpose does not make it not art. Understand definitions before drawing conclusions.

To me it isn't de-evolution until it breaks the sciences of that artform. (Example - Soulja Boy -He breaks the sciences of art by producing non-harmonic beats with simplistic melodies and antirythm along with incoherent lyrics.)

I guess I try to see things on too large of a scale. Everything that I consider I first consider through its affect on the world and humanity. Then I evaluate its value. I try to analyze this shit with an alien point of view, so that I can see these issues clearly.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...

Message edited by I_Guy - Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:22 PM
11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:22 PM | Message # 32

Removed
dude that is crazy i love how you keep explaining things. thats exactly how i feel about all this i just could never explain it as good as you are.
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:23 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
dude that is crazy i love how you keep explaining things. thats exactly how i feel about all this i just could never explain it as good as you are

Its all good man. Just wait for my album, its all on there.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:28 PM | Message # 34

Heads
thats the problem I_Guy u are to alien for this age u try to see the people from above but if u want to understand reality u must be whit your feet on the ground ( No diss) u are to much of a philosopher and thats what ruins in somehow of a degree your point about music and i see u are talking about gangsta rap i now understand what u want to say cause when it comes to gangsta rap i am on the same level you should check my blog called Things Just Ain’t the Same”: Hip-Hop’s Reconstruction of the Gangster Rap Identity! i think u will like it heres the link http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/blog/2008-11-11-5

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:46 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (Menace)
i think u will like it heres the link

Yeah I liked it. Similar arguments go for some other rap forms as well. But the gangsta rap argument is my defense for Biggie. Now to get to the point, he's no MC, but he is still hip hop. Although, yes in some ways, he did sell out, but he ain't my homeboy so who really cares. His music (art) is what I appreciate.

Message edited by I_Guy - Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 1:47 PM
Menace Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 3:15 PM | Message # 36

Heads
but the problem is me personally i don't appreciate his music

Acekat00o Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 3:46 PM | Message # 37

Heads
hell i nevver listened anything from Biggie in my life biggrin

Graffiti
Uncharted Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 4:38 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
Quote (Acekat00o)
hell i nevver listened anything from Biggie in my life

wow^^^^^^ but i one of my friends went to the movies this weekend to see notorious and he it the movie wasnt all that good (besides the biggie and lil kim sex scene interested him).

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 3:56 AM | Message # 39

Heads
As close to an Emcee Biggie gets (before he got famous).

Biggie Smalls - "Biggie With The Hype Shit".mp3 - 7.45MB

Biggie Smalls - "Microphone Murderer".mp3 - 3.62MB

Biggie Smalls - "Another Rough One".mp3 - 3.13MB

Biggie Smalls - "Guaranteed Raw".mp3 - 6.29MB

Message edited by I_Guy - Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 4:15 AM
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 4:14 AM | Message # 40

Heads
yeah, Biggie's cool. just not my style though. dude was real. maybe not hip hop's greatest rep, but still real.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 5:24 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
lol my friend told me that it had some horrible ratings too

11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 5:36 PM | Message # 42

Removed
Quote (coolmon)
lol my friend told me that it had some horrible ratings too

Yeah it did do good. it had a few bad reviews but what movie doesnt. For the most part it got good reviews.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 5:37 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
weird i heard it did good in the box office for a hip hop movie

naah not really check this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472198/

he has just 5.6 even Brown Sugar and ATL has more then the Biggie Movie

Menace Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 5:42 PM | Message # 44

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
it styll has some time to gain money

thats not a website that rates her movie after her sells the people rate the movies and yeah it still has time to run all over but i guarantee from a scale from 1 to 10 the biggie movie will remain at 5 i hardly believe it will reach 6

Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 6:09 PM | Message # 45

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
he has just 5.6 even Brown Sugar and ATL has more then the Biggie Movie

yeah my friend told me that too

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Notorious BIG Movie
Search: