[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups
eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:18 PM | Message # 1

Heads
here's a thread to discuss artists and groups that get next to no recognition for various reasons (ie: their whole career is overshadowed by one song, they got locked into a bad deal, the artist couldn't overcome the success of him/her group, etc.). i'll start:

AHMAD:

known for his track "Back In The Day" (below), everything afterward fell short of that tracks success. while he still had minor success with following tracks and albums, most people know nothing about his 4th Avenue Jones project and his various features on tracks with artists such as Ras Kass, Saafir, and Aceyalone:

here's the song with which he rose to fame:

some tracks that most people don't even know about:

^^^SICK ASS VERSE ON AHMAD'S PART!

^^^^Juice fucking KILLS this shit! AHMAD comes raw too, but just listen while your jaw drops to Juice's first verse. all four verses are sick though.

here's from his 4th Avenue Jones project:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

NtG Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:34 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Joe Budden...

[deleted]
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:35 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
HOLY SHIT AT THAT WAKE UP SHOW FREESTYLE, JUICE MURDERED IT!!

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:39 PM | Message # 4

OGs
this guy

i wanted to post the album... but w/e

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:46 PM | Message # 5

Heads

there you go sodr ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:51 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Scienz of Life:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:52 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Vordul Mega (cannibal ox).... only gonna be really known for his cold vein(can ox) album but his solo shit is genius.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Chinita Date: Monday, 04/Jan/10, 2:03 PM | Message # 8

Heads
he's deffinately back, true many forgot about this guy, his life story is amazing though..check this out.
he attend stanford university for a phd..vvvvvvvv

Wanting to provide a more stable environment for his toddler son Yeshuwa, Ahmad enrolled three years ago at Long Beach City College and graduated as valedictorian, with a 4.0 grade point average. He was accepted as a transfer student by several universities for the fall of 2008 and chose Stanford University. Ahmad is a 2008 recipient of the prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship, the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.

Ahmad's transition from hip-hop artist to scholar has not gone unnoticed; in fact, his story was featured on the front-page of the Los Angeles Times. Ahmad has said that he will be "the first rapper with a PhD."

Ahmad recently formed a new music company called WeCLAP, an acronym for We Change Lives, Attitudes and Perceptions. WeCLAP is partnering with Syntax Distribution, to release the forthcoming WeCLAP catalog. Ahmad's highly anticipated sophomore solo project "The Death of Me" is slated for a December 15th release and will be the first for the label.

--------------------------------------------------

Looking back, Lewis said he does not regret his teenage decision, even though his early success was followed by struggles in a music industry he criticized as promoting violence in the African American community. Now 32 and the father of a 4-year-old son, he is still recording songs, but he also is finishing homework.

Ahmad the first-name-only rapper has become Ahmad Ali Lewis the Stanford-bound scholar.

Lewis enrolled two years ago at Long Beach City College and graduated in May as valedictorian, with a 4.0 grade point average. He was accepted as a transfer student by several universities for this fall and chose Stanford.

"When I stepped on campus, something in my gut said, 'Dude, this is where you belong,' " said Lewis, who plans to pursue bachelor's degrees in sociology and African American studies. He said he is "going to be Dr. Ahmad Ali Lewis, the first rapper with a PhD." He quickly conceded, "Maybe someone else has done it, I don't know." No matter, he said, since he expects to get a doctorate in social work and become a professor.

LA Times, He's no gangsta; he's a scholar
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/aug/19/local/me-ahmad19

article from the stanford univ. magazine This Is the Rebirth’
For one former rap star, academics trump celebrity.
http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news....ap.html

Vordul Mega, wow i didn't know that guy was still doing his thing..

Chinita Date: Monday, 04/Jan/10, 2:08 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i wanted to post the album... but w/e

that guy is nice...

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 7:46 PM | Message # 10

Heads
......Brother Ali......

Sick With It
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 7:52 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
eyedea...dudes crazy...he gets ok recognition in underground kinda...but he is mad crazy...he destroyed immortal technique in a battle back in 2000(imo)

Message edited by HateMainstreamMusic - Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 7:54 PM
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 7:54 PM | Message # 12

Heads
if u take away those spaces in the [v i d e o] bars..the vid will show up

Sick With It
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 9:14 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
agreed with MAK vordul killed it on mega graphitti

abanks47 Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 9:23 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
MF Grimm..

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 9:32 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
.Brother Ali

so trueeeee

Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
eyedea.

so true, i even forgot to add them to the underground artists list :(

Quote (abanks47)
MF Grimm..

deffinatley

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Search: