[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups
HipHopHead Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 5:09 PM | Message # 16

Emcees
Big Pun, though he got mentioned a couple of times on Port Authority album, only 1 person knows him in my school

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 0:24 AM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (HipHopHead)
Big Pun, though he got mentioned a couple of times on Port Authority album, only 1 person knows him in my school

mainstream-wise he's underrated for sure, but so are all the people we listen to on the mainstream. most mainstream heads don't even know who Rakim is. Pun is one of the most highly respected artists ever in the underground.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 1:46 AM | Message # 18

Emcees
if its not common knowledge that twinz is one of the best collabos in hip hop history dude is underrated. IMO

Added (07/Jan/10, 1:46 Am)
---------------------------------------------
also warcloud, binary star, midimarc and goodie mobbs first album soul food

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 2:32 AM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
if its not common knowledge that twinz is one of the best collabos in hip hop history dude is underrated. IMO

i mean no doubt Big Pun is underrated, but it's like this: overall, John Coltrane is underrated, but within the Jazz circle it could be argued that he's actually sort of overrated.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 2:51 AM | Message # 20

Emcees
imo, overall pun does not get enough respect from all circles including the underground. also
if its not common knowledge that twinz is one of the best collabos in hip hop history dude is underrated.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 3:20 AM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
imo, overall pun does not get enough respect from all circles including the underground. also

yeah, you do have a point. he should be thought of alongside Nas and others and even within underground circles he's not. i guess i can feel you on that. he's just not as underrated as, say, someone like Jeru The Damaja or Percee P are.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 3:45 AM | Message # 22

Emcees
^^definitely agree with that.

Adam Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:45 AM | Message # 23

B-Girls
Alongside with nas are you sick? %)

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:50 AM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Alongside with nas are you sick? %)

come on now, Pun is easily one of the greatest emcees of all time.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:51 AM | Message # 25

B-Girls
Yeah but come on we are talking about nas....

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:52 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Yeah but come on we are talking about nas....

fuck Nas. idk man. i don't get all the hype. dude is overrated as fuck imo. "Illmatic" is dope, but seriously, Nas isn't even top ten imo.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 9:56 AM | Message # 27

Emcees
C Rayz Walz - If you actually sit and listen to the dude he is on whole other level...Dude sweats and bleeds hip hop and actually has something to say which is worth hearing as well as keeping shit fun at times, the way hip hop was intended to be.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 1:09 PM | Message # 28

Emcees
word to c-rayz, no one showing him enough love out there. dudes sick.
Alongside with nas are you sick?

i do think pun should be held in the same regards as pac big and nas. dude had a flow that no one could replicate and laid down a few down right classic tracks all while keeping up with a mainstream career he continued to hold all his respect and credibility in the underground scene as well

fuck Nas. idk man. i don't get all the hype. dude is overrated as fuck imo. "Illmatic" is dope, but seriously, Nas isn't even top ten imo.

there should be a thread in regards to that sentence, that is criminal. all the hype around nas is simple. one of the illest by far to do it. if you havent listened to his library i suggest you do so because it will change your perception on life

Added (07/Jan/10, 1:09 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Ayatollah; bet you didnt know he produced ms fat booty and Pharaoh and styles my life

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 1:09 PM | Message # 29

OGs
the last album i posted on RealHipHOpMusic.....i found the album in a torrent, and cant find any info on the artist/album, too lazy to post it here

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:35 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
there should be a thread in regards to that sentence, that is criminal. all the hype around nas is simple. one of the illest by far to do it. if you havent listened to his library i suggest you do so because it will change your perception on life

oh i know. i've listened to plenty Nas. he's dope and definitely up there, but i just can't come to call him one of the greatest ever. there are too many artists far more intelligent than him for one thing. he just doesn't impress me. idk. his subject matter just doesn't appeal to me as much as the subject matter of other emcees does and lyrically he's not #1 imo like everyone claims.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Search: