[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups
Uncharted Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 5:03 PM | Message # 121

Emcees
those cats are GOOD!!!111^^^

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 13/Jan/10, 4:39 AM | Message # 122

Heads
Check Percee P's only album "Perseverance" which is entirely produced by Madlib and, for some crazy reason, didn't drop until 2007, 19 years after the release of his first single with D'Nique, "Let The Homocides Begin". Also check his "Legendary Status" compilation and finally the 2 part YouTube video of his legendary 1989 battle with Lord Finesse when he was 19 in the streets of the Patterson Projects of the Bronx in New York. Also, if you want a signed copy of any of his CDs, just let me know and I can get you one and mail it to you. You need to pay for it of course though. Regular price. Though I may be able to get a discount. Idk. I kind of doubt it tbh. But yeah, let me know and I'll call him up or go meet him at Fat Beats or something and get you a signed copy.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 13/Jan/10, 9:21 PM | Message # 123

B-Girls
Agent X is criminally underrated :)

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Dookie Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 2:42 AM | Message # 124

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Freemasonry is just a reminder to us that we are living in an unjust, elitist world. It is not the reason this world is unjust and elitist.

No im not saying Freemasonry is the problem, and most low-class members (if you believe the fact that there a 33 ranks in masonry) never achieve any higher rank than the 3rd Degree or Master Mason, yet alone know that there exists higher ranks, they are just happy they are in a fraternal organization.

Quote (eboyd)
People need to be blamed for their apathy, but this must be done on an overall basis, not individual.

I 100 percent agree with you. however there are reasons for their apathy, and people to blame for it (ie media, brainwashing, babylon system :P), although that in itself could be used as an excuse. But anyways what else would someone whos been raised in it think apart from thats how it is, i see this everywhere.

Quote (eboyd)
so in essence Jay does incur blame even if he does fit this category, but we can't blame people for this on an individual basis.

he incurs more blame than others for the sheer fact he is considered a role model by many, he is high up in an idolized status and worshipped by alot of average joes and janes. there are many many more who have done far far worse than jay z. he is merely someone who knows where its at and and does whatever to put himself in good position in reality.

in no way am i critisizing him being succesful, good on him, however he could do more positive things with the wealth he has than just become some kingpin.

Quote (eboyd)
As for the mason symbolism, I think it's a coincidence that the Rockefeller symbol is similar to the masonry symbols.

We can agree to disagree

"Master/s of the Craft" is mason terminology, jay z sucks at controlling mics, so i dont reckon its refering to rapping.

and what about his song D'evils off Reasonable Doubt. All of this is proof enough for me.

Added (14/Jan/10, 2:42 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (eboyd)
Also, if you want a signed copy of any of his CDs, just let me know and I can get you one and mail it to you. You need to pay for it of course though. Regular price. Though I may be able to get a discount. Idk. I kind of doubt it tbh. But yeah, let me know and I'll call him up or go meet him at Fat Beats or something and get you a signed copy.

Ill pay for that. Ill leave you a PM or something.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
eboyd Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 2:54 AM | Message # 125

Heads
AGREED! :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 3:01 AM | Message # 126

Heads
Ok, I can at least somewhat agree with what you're saying. About the "D'Evils" thing though, isn't your grandpa a mason? You know as well as I do that masons aren't devil worshipers.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 3:31 AM | Message # 127

Emcees
man i served dinner for the masons and sat in on a few meetings and if i wanted to im sure i could join (theres a youth organization similar called demolay i was in). shit aint really that major. may have been back in the day but no more. just a social club now

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Dookie Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 3:48 AM | Message # 128

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
About the "D'Evils" thing though, isn't your grandpa a mason? You know as well as I do that masons aren't devil worshipers.

Yeah he was, his brother Morris was in them for a while aswell, but quit after a while and actually tried to pull him out because of his concerns with them being "evil". Im actually interested in writing him a letter inquiring about his knowledge pertaining to Freemasonry and the like because its a rather interesting subject, as we arent in contact anymore because of disputes with my mother a while ago, mums parents are control freak pricks somewhat unfortunately. Anyways my mum went into their lodge when she was young, females are forbidden from going in, ill have to ask her what they look like on the inside, she told me a while ago but all i remember is her description of the flooring of the place, black and white immaculate tiling.

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 4:02 AM | Message # 129

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
"Master/s of the Craft" is mason terminology, jay z sucks at controlling mics, so i dont reckon its refering to rapping.

damn those t-shirts definitely have masonic symbols, jay-z put those out? btw Masters of the Craft is also a hip hop term, sometimes used as an acronym of MC Master Craftsman.

my uncle was a mason too, he died though, he was the boss of a water company, that ran the water system on the island

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 4:23 AM | Message # 130

Heads
Abanks, exactly. I'm only opposed to masonry in the sense that, as an anarchist, I am opposed to hierarchy. It perpetuates elitism and power structures. Btw, the Freemasonry was never on some super crooked shit. It has always simply been a fraternal organization with a typical chain of command and somewhat mysterious (though nowhere near as mysterious as people make them out to be) traditions. Only difference is that they are bigger, older, and more well known.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 4:51 AM | Message # 131

Emcees
Abanks, exactly. I'm only opposed to masonry in the sense that, as an anarchist, I am opposed to hierarchy. It perpetuates elitism and power structures. Btw, the Freemasonry was never on some super crooked shit. It has always simply been a fraternal organization with a typical chain of command and somewhat mysterious (though nowhere near as mysterious as people make them out to be) traditions. Only difference is that they are bigger, older, and more well known.

i can see why you'd disagree with it but since its an enclosed and exclusive group they should be able to believe and think whatever IMO. if there influence influenced many than I'd feel different but in reality i think they hold little sway.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 5:25 AM | Message # 132

Heads
It's not about that. It's about eliminating power structure. They can exist all they want, but my ideal society is based on collectivism and cooperation and their style isn't compatible with that, so I oppose them.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dookie Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 7:40 AM | Message # 133

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
damn those t-shirts definitely have masonic symbols, jay-z put those out?

Yeah Rocawear, his clothing line.

Quote (EmSeeD)
btw Masters of the Craft is also a hip hop term, sometimes used as an acronym of MC Master Craftsman.

I wouldve accepted that if there wasnt mason symbology on the shirt. And thanks for the heads up i never heard that one before.

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 9:41 AM | Message # 134

OGs
Quote (Dookie)
Freemasonry

And this is...?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 2:08 PM | Message # 135

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
And this is...?

http://www.ugle.co.uk

^^^ that should work. If it doesn't, let me know.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Search: