[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups
eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 1:18 AM | Message # 106

Heads
Haha, thx Pen. Yeah, you know I need to shout out Percee P. Dude has been my #1 for a minute but ever since I've actually known dude on a personal level it has only boosted his status in my eyes. Dude is a real family oriented guy and a real straight forward dude as well. He's straight-edge, never been in trouble with the law, etc. He's all about his children first, his business second, and everything else takes a back seat. I truly respect his craft.

And lol @ the goat pics rofl

Btw Adam, Rakim > Nas, end of discussion ;) :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dookie Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 10:27 AM | Message # 107

Emcees
Quote (Pensmoke)
sometimes to seem like he is holding some kinda secret knowledge that nobody else has.

Yeah of course, he plays happy little european freemasons with jay z these days :P.

Quote (TheWatcher)
bow to the Wu, "SUUUU!".

YEAH BOYEE.....first hip hop album i ever listened to was 36 Chambers.

Nas was good, not so much anymore but he can be good when he feels like it.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 1:35 PM | Message # 108

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Rakim > everyone else, end of discussion ;) :D

fixed :D

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

abanks47 Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 4:16 PM | Message # 109

Emcees
sorry, number1 Illmatic number1 >essence of life. of course im over-exaggerating.....or am i

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 8:15 PM | Message # 110

Heads
^^^ Lol!

And dookie, come on with that freemasonry shit man haha! rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 9:21 PM | Message # 111

B-Girls
Dude I for one am dead serious, Illmatic is the perfect album. Enta Da Stage is 2nd.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Dookie Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 0:27 AM | Message # 112

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
And dookie, come on with that freemasonry shit man haha!

:P lol, cmon you cant tell me jay z isnt a mason....

ill refrain from talking about it in the forums if you wish eboyd, just for you. :P.

abanks47 Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 0:56 AM | Message # 113

Emcees
Dude I for one am dead serious, Illmatic is the perfect album. Enta Da Stage is 2nd.

listen to this person, he is trying to tell you something of importance and u just walk by as if he says nothing, i spit on you all

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:52 AM | Message # 114

Heads
:D "Illmatic" is classic, but far from perfect imo. I wouldn't call any album classic but the closest is "Liquid Swords" to me.

And dookie, idk whether Jay is a mason or not. It is quite possible but he never talks about it. People that I know that are masons openly discuss it. You think that with all the accusations he would've addressed it. There's nothing wrong with him being a mason if he is though. That's equivalent to accusing him of being a fraternity member, the only difference being that freemasonry is more of an elitist fraternity than the usual.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dookie Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 6:28 AM | Message # 115

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
freemasonry is more of an elitist fraternity than the usual.

He uses mason symbology, especially in some of his clothing line and i would be rather suprised if he isnt. except elitism is a rather big problem as they are generally in the top flight of the class society that dont give a fuck about everyone else and that needs to be bought down, as there is no such thing as a second class citizen, and thats the problem with elitism. They are in that position at the expense of others not only in their own country but abroad aswell. Especially Masons, they refer to non Masons and the masses in general as the "profane".

As for Illmatic, i listen to it frequently, im not dissing it, you cant, its just my personal opinion that The Sun Rises in the East is better album, on a different level.

Added (12/Jan/10, 6:28 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (eboyd)
You think that with all the accusations he would've addressed it.

There most likely would be repercussions if he openly admitted he was a fraternal elitist, masons generally dont openly admit their membership unless its to family members, close friends, or other masons.

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:16 PM | Message # 116

Emcees
OK - all this arguing is pretty pointless... You cant say who the "g.o.a.t" is unless you break down everything an Emcee needs to be the best. This would take you guys hours of arguing on each element so you might as well give up.... By the way, Krayzie Bone has Nas AND Gza beat hands down judging by the list below :p

-Flow
-Lyrics/WordPlay
-Stage Presence/Performance
-Truth behind lyrics
-Content and variety of lyrics
-Voice(sorry but it is important)
-Do they get outshined on collabo's?
-Do they make other artists songs better?
-Have they forced other artists to step their game up?
-Did the bring originality to the table?
-Subject Matter

Oh and LOL at Eric's #9 pick! ;)

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:52 PM | Message # 117

Heads
I'm talking about people who I barely know who have admitted to their masonry in front of a large group of non-masons that they barely knew. Masons who were not very wealthy I may add. It isn't the individual mason that is the problem and masonry itself isn't the problem. The culture of celebrating elitism itself is the issue. It is perpetuated by society and elitists like Jay-Z and masonry itself are products of elitist societies, not the other way around. Freemasonry is just a reminder to us that we are living in an unjust, elitist world. It is not the reason this world is unjust and elitist. Jay-Z is simply a product of his environment. He should not be blamed any more than the next man for the ills of society. Now don't get me wrong, I am a proponent of the idea that the worst atrocities occur at the hands of the good people who do nothing, so in essence Jay does incur blame even if he does fit this category, but we can't blame people for this on an individual basis. People need to be blamed for their apathy, but this must be done on an overall basis, not individual. If Jay-Z is a mason it is probably for the same reason the average successful pop rap artist owns a black card. He's proud that he has made himself successful and he's showing it by doing what he can to show his elite status. As for the mason symbolism, I think it's a coincidence that the Rockefeller symbol is similar to the masonry symbols.

Also, I agree that SRITE is superior to Illmatic.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

HipHopHead Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:54 PM | Message # 118

Emcees
catfight

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
Uncharted Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:58 PM | Message # 119

Emcees
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 5:00 PM | Message # 120

OGs
someone recommend me some stuff from percee P since im unfamiliar with him

and heres my favorite track from an album i uploaded on RealHipHopMusic recently:

isnt it DOPE!!!!!!!

chill to that....these guys dont even have a wiki :(

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Search: