[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:43 PM | Message # 31

Emcees
oh i know. i've listened to plenty Nas. he's dope and definitely up there, but i just can't come to call him one of the greatest ever. there are too many artists far more intelligent than him for one thing. he just doesn't impress me. idk. his subject matter just doesn't appeal to me as much as the subject matter of other emcees does and lyrically he's not #1 imo like everyone claims.

hes one of the greatest all time for the same reason why big is. one album that was damn near flawless with little to no famous guests (meth w/ big AZ w/ nas). nothing but raw talent from a raw MC. if Nas puts out 20 whack records from now til his death he will still be one of the greatest simply for illmatic. but if you strip illmatic from him and focus on the other gems he's brought to the game he still can be one of the greatest. and come off that intelligence shit. Nas is one of the most eye opening MCs in the game in terms of dropping knowledge on people. far too many songs to tell on how much info dude has brought to the table, in some instances actually teachingme something, and even though im not a huge fan of his more recent stuff he continues to teach people something. Nas to me is arguably GOAT

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:50 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
hes one of the greatest all time for the same reason why big is. one album that was damn near flawless with little to no famous guests (meth w/ big AZ w/ nas). nothing but raw talent from a raw MC. if Nas puts out 20 whack records from now til his death he will still be one of the greatest simply for illmatic. but if you strip illmatic from him and focus on the other gems he's brought to the game he still can be one of the greatest. and come off that intelligence shit. Nas is one of the most eye opening MCs in the game in terms of dropping knowledge on people. far too many songs to tell on how much info dude has brought to the table, in some instances actually teachingme something, and even though im not a huge fan of his more recent stuff he continues to teach people something. Nas to me is arguably GOAT

for someone who tries to argue it's all subjective you are being pretty objective here lol :D Illmatic is just another classic album to me. it's not #1, not even top ten. i have never gotten into the hype of Nas. i can name at least ten albums i like better than Illmatic and at least 10 artists i prefer to Nas, and yes, i have Illmatic. i'm just not on that frequency. and yes, Nas kicks knowledge, but it takes more than to kick knowledge to be dope imo. his music where he kicks knowledge isn't that intelligent in comparison to other emcees. i'm talking about people like Slug, Saul Williams, etc. i'm just not on that shit Nas does. i have no problem with people claiming he's the best. do that all you want. don't mind me however, when i disagree and tell you i don't see the hype. he's definitely top 25 all time though.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:53 PM | Message # 33

Emcees
i said he is one of the, not THE, and said he's arguably, not without a doubt

and dude LOL at slug over Nas. that dude just teaches people how to catch feelings way to hard over females.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 5:09 PM | Message # 34

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
#1 imo like everyone claims.

who claims nas is better than rakim?!?!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Adam Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:00 PM | Message # 35

B-Girls
ERIK HATES AMERICA. Rakim ain't #1... But him and nas being #1 is arguable, but to me NaS is #1

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
HipHopHead Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:45 PM | Message # 36

Emcees
I think a person that could be comparable to Nas which i cant seem to choose over is Guru. I think Gurus lyrics are as good as Nas', but Nas has shit Guru dont and Guru got shit Nas dont got, but at the end of the day, i believe Guru dropped the mic and left, while Nas kept on going which i give him major props.

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"

Message edited by HipHopHead - Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 7:45 PM
eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 9:18 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
i said he is one of the, not THE, and said he's arguably, not without a doubt

i know, but i mean you made it out like "dude, wtf?!?! you're wrong!" lol! :D

Quote (abanks47)
and dude LOL at slug over Nas. that dude just teaches people how to catch feelings way to hard over females.

see! :D the way Slug works is he spits about the common struggle in such a prolific way it's amazing. i can pull so many quotables up it's ridiculous. i'm not trying to do that though. Nas spits about true shit, but, as a poet, i'm looking not only for substance, but i'm also looking at the way an emcee puts what he/she says as well.

Quote (Adam)
ERIK HATES AMERICA

no, just the people who run America :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 9:44 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
i know, but i mean you made it out like "dude, wtf?!?! you're wrong!" lol! :D

sry it is at the core, opinionated but i was pretty taken back. im always in shock when there are words on Nas and there not praising illmatic

the way Slug works is he spits about the common struggle in such a prolific way it's amazing. i can pull so many quotables up it's ridiculous. i'm not trying to do that though.

if you ever have time please do. dont worry i wont try to battle them with nas verses but curious as to what you think "dropping knowledge" is. Slug is honestly the last cat i would think of for that in rap

Nas spits about true shit, but, as a poet, i'm looking not only for substance, but i'm also looking at the way an emcee puts what he/she says as well.

Nas does this very well IMO. he's touched on everything from the physical to the metaphysical, homies to females, history to myths; all while doing it with an evolving flow and great word play. you should listen to more

Adam Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 0:35 AM | Message # 39

B-Girls
You have to type his name like this, "NaS."

ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 4:15 AM | Message # 40

Writers
Quote (sodr2)
who claims nas is better than rakim?!?!

Rakim may have fathered Nas' style, but Nas is a perfect example of the student whose skills surpassed that of the teacher. Nas shits on Rakim.

Quote (eboyd)
Nas isn't even top ten

That's a first.

Quote (HipHopHead)
I think Gurus lyrics are as good as Nas'

"Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is.." -Guru

<_<

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 4:19 AM | Message # 41

Heads
Rakim is always my number 1 emcee.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 7:39 AM | Message # 42

B-Girls
Hell yeah alcatraz nas shits on pac to.

Uncharted Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 8:37 AM | Message # 43

Emcees
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
"Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is.." -Guru

LMAO

ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 1:43 PM | Message # 44

Writers
Quote (Adam)
Hell yeah alcatraz nas shits on pac to.

If that was the case, then why would he cry when Pac dissed him? Pac is the true GOAT.

"He's [2Pac] the most incredible muthafucka I ever heard." -Nas

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Friday, 08/Jan/10, 1:49 PM
Adam Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 4:41 PM | Message # 45

B-Girls
He is just saying that. But in all truth he knows he is the G.O.A.T.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Criminally Underrated Artists/Groups (Nas Vs Haters)
Search: