[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » -The Official Untaught History Thread- (The Official Untaught History Thread)
-The Official Untaught History Thread-
ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 8:37 PM | Message # 151

OGs
yh, forgot to mention the teachings.. thought that was obvious but yh i heard that. but to start a civilisation? nahh

u no what would b a good idea, one day, when we have a lot of free time, we should do chronological dates of human history over the last 10,000 yrs.. it would b nice to read that. make it short, names of empires n ages.. etc or even from human evolution when they walked outta africa. im intrsted in this shit, is anyone else? geek at heart maybe biggrin

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:43 PM | Message # 152

Heads
we can both do it and shit no problem and damn man my head is banging i drank so much yesterday woow my guts hurt i didn't sleep a min it's 5 in the morning and i still can't sleep i feel fucked

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:47 PM | Message # 153

OGs
we shoud do that one day yh.. ive had along week so i jus woke up at 3pm today n its nrly 3am now, im wide awake lol.

Menace Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 3:57 PM | Message # 154

Heads
"The Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy ever more expensive goods, houses, technology , pushing them to make loans as large until their debts will become grants . This will lead to the bankruptcy of banks, which will be nationalized and the state will take the road that leads finally to communism. "
-Karl Marx, The Capital , published in 1867

this quote i find frighting and prophetic because it fits our times

ThaScience Date: Thursday, 23/Jul/09, 8:10 PM | Message # 155

OGs
I ate children's hearts, ex-rebel says

Milton Blahyi, a former feared rebel commander in Liberia's brutal civil war, has admitted to taking part in human sacrifices as part of traditional ceremonies intended to ensure victory in battle.

Milton "General Butt Naked" Blahyi
Milton Blahyi fought Charles Taylor's forces in the war
He said the sacrifices "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat." :(

There had been numerous rumours of human sacrifices during the 1979-93 conflict but this is the first time anyone has admitted publicly to the practice.

Mr Blahyi, 37, is better known in Liberia as "General Butt Naked" because he went into combat with no clothes on, to scare the enemy.

He is now an Evangelist preacher, who prefers to use the name Joshua.

He was speaking to the BBC, after telling Liberia's Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) that his forces had killed 20,000 people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7200101.stm

Blahyi now claims he would regularly sacrifice a victim before battle, saying, "Usually it was a small child, someone whose fresh blood would satisfy the devil." He explained to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "Sometimes I would enter under the water where children were playing. I would dive under the water, grab one, carry him under and break his neck. Sometimes I'd cause accidents. Sometimes I'd just slaughter them."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Blahyi

Menace Date: Tuesday, 18/Aug/09, 9:11 PM | Message # 156

Heads
statistics show that 1 billion people are Christians of all sorts and 1 billion are Muslims the other 4 billion either adhere to pseudo religion or don't adhere to religion

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 18/Aug/09, 9:15 PM | Message # 157

Heads
Quote (Menace)
statistics show that 1 billion people are Christians of all sorts and 1 billion are Muslims the other 4 million are either adhere to pseudo religion or don't adhere to religion

wow wee lol

Menace Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 5:17 PM | Message # 158

Heads
Zoroastrianism was the first known monotheistic religion when the Ancient Hebrews escaped from slavery from Sumeria they took many parts of this religion and created what we know today as Judaism

Menace Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 4:03 PM | Message # 159

Heads
what?

Menace Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 4:09 PM | Message # 160

Heads
study religions in general and i found this studying the Babylonian captivity

Menace Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 4:16 PM | Message # 161

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Word?

sentence !! LOL and yes Jews were in captivity in slavery in Babylon and the culture there had a major impact on everything Jewish

Abstract Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 11:52 PM | Message # 162

Rappers
Bump. What happened to Menace and the others??

abanks47 Date: Saturday, 18/Dec/10, 9:02 PM | Message # 163

Emcees
dono but damn never saw this thread.

Nat Turner
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nat_Turner

not condoning his actions but still feel like it should be taught in school

Led one of the bloodiest, if not THE bloodiest slave revolts in US history.

He killed men women and children and after his eventual capture his lawyer scribed his words down which lead to the confessions of Nat Turner. A book that described his last days.

Once he was executed they removed his head and displayed it on a post for a few weeks

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Abstract Date: Sunday, 19/Dec/10, 7:25 PM | Message # 164

Rappers
Quote (abanks47)
dono but damn never saw this thread.

Damn, i went over all 12 pages yesterday (or the day before).

abanks47 Date: Monday, 20/Dec/10, 1:53 PM | Message # 165

Emcees
i will be readin this when shit dies down at work

abstract lets get some knowledge. i know you got something

MLK Jr did not start the march on washington(where he delivered his most famous speech) but was founded by a man named asa phillip randpolph.

the man made great strides for blacks long before the 'civil right era' in the 30s and 40s forming one of the first black unions for the pullman porters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Philip_Randolph

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » -The Official Untaught History Thread- (The Official Untaught History Thread)
Search: