[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Does Dre Steal Credit?
Does Dre Steal Credit?
ill Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:00 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
wasnt erik saying dre has a ghost producer?

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:04 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Not A ghost producer, GHOST PRODUCERS. He takes a lot of the beat by the producer from Self Scientific and puts his stamp on them, plus 90% of 2001 was either Scott Storch or someone else that wasn't Dre himself. Storch even produced "Still Dre."

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:06 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Not A ghost producer, GHOST PRODUCERS. He takes a lot of the beat by the producer from Self Scientific and puts his stamp on them, plus 90% of 2001 was either Scott Storch or someone else that wasn't Dre himself. Storch even produced "Still Dre."

Hmph....wat r ur sources for this assumption?

Sick With It
11thPlague Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:07 PM | Message # 4

Removed
Quote (eboyd)

I dont know if that is true or not but man i cannot sit here and believe that one

eboyd Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:16 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Well, I'm just letting the info I've gotten be known, and I've been talking in detail with people who actually work in the industry and work with artists that work with Dre. Idk for sure and it is quite possible it is all bluff, but a lot of seemingly outrageous claims these guys have made have turned out to be true in the long run. Like for example, one of the guys said he's good friends with Percee P and he proved it. Another time he said his boys are the guys responsible for Clutchy Hopkins. He proved it. I doubt he's lying about this. Also, it's not just him, it's people all over. I've heard for YEARS that Dre doesn't actually produce anymore, he just gets beats from his beat team and calls them Dre beats. I've never really liked Dre that much or understood the hype that follows him, but this just makes me like him A LOT less. This is worse than Q-Tip with J Dilla. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:19 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Well, I'm just letting the info I've gotten be known, and I've been talking in detail with people who actually work in the industry and work with artists that work with Dre. Idk for sure and it is quite possible it is all bluff, but a lot of seemingly outrageous claims these guys have made have turned out to be true in the long run. Like for example, one of the guys said he's good friends with Percee P and he proved it. Another time he said his boys are the guys responsible for Clutchy Hopkins. He proved it. I doubt he's lying about this. Also, it's not just him, it's people all over. I've heard for YEARS that Dre doesn't actually produce anymore, he just gets beats from his beat team and calls them Dre beats. I've never really liked Dre that much or understood the hype that follows him, but this just makes me like him A LOT less. This is worse than Q-Tip with J Dilla. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

Meh Im still not swayed by this

Sick With It
ill Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:21 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Meh Im still not swayed by this

yo if hes you're number 1 producer, i would be devvo'd lol

what happened with q tip and dilla

The World Is Yours
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:26 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ill)
devvo'd

wtf does that mean?

Sick With It
11thPlague Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:29 PM | Message # 9

Removed
Im not either like i said its hard to believe
eboyd Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:29 PM | Message # 10

Heads
The Ummah = excuse Tip used for YEARS to take credit for Dilla's beats. Janet Jackson's track "Got Til It's Gone" was produced by Dilla and he didn't get an ounce of credit at first. Q-Tip would have people walk up to him, with Jay Dee there, and they would be like "yo, that "Got Til It's Gone" beat was dope! Nice work Tip!" And he'd just be like "thanks man!" Jay talks about it in a documentary.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:40 PM | Message # 11

Heads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Dre

^^^^^ read the "Work Ethics" section or whatever it's called. It even says that Storch did all the keyboard stuff, another guy did the bass on all the tracks on 2001. Dre just used the drum machine. Also, Daz has been bitching at Dre for years because he claims he made most of the beats on The Chronic.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

11thPlague Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:42 PM | Message # 12

Removed
Well i guess its how you take it i know on alot of Dr Dre beats it will say like

Strings by so and so and
Guitar by so ans so and
Bass by so and so

But thats just cause they used live music
I would still say its Dre Beats

So if Scott Storch came up with some Keys for Dre its still Dre beats

11thPlague Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:43 PM | Message # 13

Removed
But see that doesnt mean that they where the mastermind behind the beat they were able to come up with certain single loops for dre but Dre was the one to Mastermind the beat
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:44 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
^^^^^ read the "Work Ethics" section or whatever it's called. It even says that Storch did all the keyboard stuff, another guy did the bass on all the tracks on 2001. Dre just used the drum machine. Also, Daz has been bitching at Dre for years because he claims he made most of the beats on The Chronic.

Quote (11thPlague)
Well i guess its how you take it i know on alot of Dr Dre beats it will say like
Strings by so and so and
Guitar by so ans so and
Bass by so and so
But thats just cause they used live music
I would still say its Dre Beats
So if Scott Storch came up with some Keys for Dre its still Dre beats

11th Plague is right

its like a music composer who writes the music and has other people preform it for him and hes sitting there waving his hands like fairy

the beats r still dre's just other people do other things for him

Sick With It
ill Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 1:48 PM | Message # 15

Emcees
if you write the music then yeah but if people compose music and you take credit thats foul, erik whats the name of the documentry?

The World Is Yours
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Does Dre Steal Credit?
Search: