Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » blink 182 listeners
blink 182 listeners
Menace Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 6:59 PM | Message # 16

Heads
well you like Pop music then and its not our fault if they are pop and try to associate themselves whit Punk exact how Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne is pop and they try to associate themselves whit Hip Hop thats why people say Blink are the equivalent of Lil Wayne because they bring shame to an entire culture Punk Rock's birth started as Hip Hop's in the slums in fact in the anarchist occupied squats and trying to help each other send a message and have some fun the whole principles of Punk Rock were stripped by the mainstreem you will never see a punk band being DIY (do it yourself ) and self managing themselves thats why i say Hip Hop and Punk Rock have the same fates good ways of expression made bubble gum on the market raft

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 7:38 PM | Message # 17

Heads
i used to like them when i was younger, i liked they're songs Man Overboard, or What's My Age Again etc, i thought those were good songs. but then they got all emo and gay.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 7:39 PM | Message # 18

Heads
oh and Adams Song

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 7:40 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (Menace)
LOL lol lol Blink 182 is for Punk Rock what Lil Wayne is for hip hop dude t-nizzle check some Crass some Dead Kennedys , Subhumans , Conflict even The Exploited check these T-nizzle we need to make a website called Real Punk Forever biggrin

to be fair to T_Nizzle he never said they were punk.

G-Ammo Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 7:12 AM | Message # 20

Emcees
I liked Sum41 in my early years :P and The Rasmus.... and Korn (im sorry..... don't kill me) :P

19 Year old Beatmaker from Holland! :D

Menace Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 7:15 AM | Message # 21

Heads
naah dude but nobody said shit to you i just explained why Blink is the equivalent of Lil Wayne the same way Lil Wayne is screwing our culture up its the same way Blink is screwing Punk up bottom line they tend to be pop they tend to merge Punk in popular culture Punk is a separate entity and some people don't like and want that as we here don't like our culture and our artists going all Pop and merging whit that world

El_Matador Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 10:47 AM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (G-Ammo)
I liked Sum41 in my early years :P and The Rasmus.... and Korn (im sorry..... don't kill me) :P

They had some dope shit, plus bad that was biggest Rasmus influence called "HIM".

I love and respect good music, as long as its not a techno, trance, etc. We gotta respect artists makin' good music cos in this times most music that's out is one serious joke and bullshit

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

11thPlague Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 12:01 PM | Message # 23

Removed
Quote (8Diagrams)
Wow...you are a fucking retard.

ohh WOW you are too

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 2:08 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Blink is the equivalent of Lil Wayne

Thats your opionion.
Im not going to bother arguing it.
There is no way to win on either side, because your definition of equivalent might be different than mine.
Im not going to bother proving myself, or posting my def. of equivalent, because for me there is no point.
But I will say that Blink 182 shouldnt asciocaite themselves with punk. There is a difference between having punk influence and a punk sound.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
11thPlague Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 3:27 PM | Message # 25

Removed
Quote (8Diagrams)

Ha ha...at least I had a reason to call him one.

Ha Ha.....i dont have to have a reason you are what you are

11thPlague Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 8:05 PM | Message # 26

Removed
Quote (8Diagrams)
And YOU are a fag

You are too

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 10:41 PM | Message # 27

Heads
See here is the HILARIOUS contradiction that so many walk. In their mind they think, lil Wayne is wack and is destroying hip hop culture and hip hop music. They feel good about themselves because they have discovered (a by most) unseen truth. Yet when we switch subject with the same application, they're all "oh no I like so and so's music because it makes me feel good." Don't you think the groundless idiots that listen to lil Wayne say the same thing, "oh well it makes me feel good! It's just music..." Give me a MOTHER FUCKING break. You have to understand the same scenario with all situations (lil Wayne = Blink 182, the current example). Remain objective god damn it!

"It's just music," get the fuck out of here with that shit! YOU'RE A HYPOCRITICAL FAGGOT, but wait, those are just words...

Everything has to stand for something, if it doesn't then in all most every case it is groundless and insincere, and therefore doesn’t need to exist. This site isn't just about real hip hop (virtually yes), but it's also about something philosophical. This site's principles is what really matters, and its root principles are to not fall victim to imposters (rather it is in music, cinema, politics, whatever).

Wise the fuck up.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
11thPlague Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 11:05 PM | Message # 28

Removed
Quote (8Diagrams)
Ha ha 2 year old comeback bro. LOL

Just showing ya how you sounded calling people retarded

eboyd Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 11:05 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Beautiful! I can agree with that philosophy! On top of that as well though, this site is about realizing not that certain artists "suck" and holding a higher standard for art (though that is expected from each and every member by the very nature of the site), for no matter what, calling one thing "better" than another is meaningless without human symbolism and the whole "good/bad" ideology is as well. We give meaning and life to such terms and define what good and bad are. If not for our definitions these terms wouldn't exist and are therefore subjective in nature. For an extreme case, murder is "bad" because it is morally wrong. Well, what makes it morally wrong? The fact that I (the ego) will cease to exist at the hands of my murderer unwillingly. It is not by nature wrong, but because I disapprove of this action and have as much societal relevance (for lack of a better term) as my murderer generally speaking. On the same token, if my theoretical murderer were to do the same to a farm chicken, or for a more closely related scenario, in the line of war, it would no longer be morally wrong. Well, same goes for any "good/bad" judgment. It is 100% subjective, even for us to despise Lil Wayne. There are, however, objectivities we can take in to account. For one, artists such as him can be perceived as making music for monetary gain and people who follow their styles are the only ones getting airtime on primetime airwaves for the most part. This is something we can fight, for we and many others prefer a style that is obviously supressed for many reasons and it is our prerogative to force the people who have power to make a change to do so and balance out the airwaves.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 11:16 PM | Message # 30

Heads
^ Exactly. There should be no "he's better than him bla bla." People simply should not compare. People should recognize people (or other things vulnerable to subjective judgment) for their reasonably justifiable value and not compare one to another because you can not compare subjective realms. Just understand someone is great, and this other person is great, and this person isn't so great and here's why. But don't compare, it simply isn't possible.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » blink 182 listeners
Search: