Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » blink 182 listeners
blink 182 listeners
11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:23 AM | Message # 106

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
wow........ you OBVIOUSLY are comprehension impaired. the point i was making was an argument in agreement with the statement "money isn't everything" however you cannot oversimplify it and that is what that statement is doing and it takes an intelligible concept and makes it sound ignorant. i was bringing life into our argument.

Thats the thing its not an argument how the hell you gonna argue "Money isn't everything"

you cant cause it isnt

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:31 AM | Message # 107

Heads
ar⋅gu⋅ment
   /ˈɑrgyəmənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahr-gyuh-muhnt] Show IPA
–noun
1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation: a violent argument.
2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation.
3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument.
4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point: This is a strong argument in favor of her theory.
5. an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.
6. subject matter; theme: The central argument of his paper was presented clearly.
7. an abstract or summary of the major points in a work of prose or poetry, or of sections of such a work.
8. Mathematics.
a. an independent variable of a function.
b. Also called amplitude. the angle made by a given vector with the reference axis.
c. the angle corresponding to a point representing a given complex number in polar coordinates. Compare principal argument.
9. Computers. a variable in a program, to which a value will be assigned when the program is run: often given in parentheses following a function name and used to calculate the function.
10. Obsolete.
a. evidence or proof.
b. a matter of contention.

^^^^ notice in one of the definitions an example was given and the term "strong argument" was there, implying that there is also a such thing as a weak argument. take a philosophy or a logic class and you will learn all about arguments. there are two types of reasoning -- deductive and inductive -- and within each there are ways of differentiating the strength of an argument. deductive arguments work based on two factors, their validity and their soundness. for an argument to be sound it must be valid. these types of arguments are ones based on solid facts. inductive reasoning is based on estimation, prediction, etc., and also has two factors -- strength and cogency. in other words, their argument may be a weak one, but it is still an argument.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:36 AM | Message # 108

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
ar⋅gu⋅ment
   /ˈɑrgyəmənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahr-gyuh-muhnt] Show IPA
–noun
1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation: a violent argument.
2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation.
3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument.
4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point: This is a strong argument in favor of her theory.
5. an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.
6. subject matter; theme: The central argument of his paper was presented clearly.
7. an abstract or summary of the major points in a work of prose or poetry, or of sections of such a work.
8. Mathematics.
a. an independent variable of a function.
b. Also called amplitude. the angle made by a given vector with the reference axis.
c. the angle corresponding to a point representing a given complex number in polar coordinates. Compare principal argument.
9. Computers. a variable in a program, to which a value will be assigned when the program is run: often given in parentheses following a function name and used to calculate the function.
10. Obsolete.
a. evidence or proof.
b. a matter of contention.
^^^^ notice in one of the definitions an example was given and the term "strong argument" was there, implying that there is also a such thing as a weak argument. take a philosophy or a logic class and you will learn all about arguments. there are two types of reasoning -- deductive and inductive -- and within each there are ways of differentiating the strength of an argument. deductive arguments work based on two factors, their validity and their soundness. for an argument to be sound it must be valid. these types of arguments are ones based on solid facts. inductive reasoning is based on estimation, prediction, etc., and also has two factors -- strength and cogency. in other words, their argument may be a weak one, but it is still an argument.

lol wow that was a waste of your time

okay homie you win now go teach a philosophy class

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:37 AM | Message # 109

Heads
i apologize for being intelligent.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:46 AM | Message # 110

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
i apologize for being intelligent.

naw its not that. theres plenty of people on here that are intelligent the thing is that there is a couple on here that are arrogant as shit and always feel the need to try to make someone feel stupid

it doesnt matter if they meant to do that or not but thats the way it comes off

baconnnnnnnnnnnos Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:58 AM | Message # 111

Watchers
dang dude im the first one in class done with this test it sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
bored
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:59 AM | Message # 112

Heads
OK, well know that when i do it that is not the purpose. that's the difference between an intellectual and a pseudo-intellectual. i actually don't see it here as often as i do on other message boards. nowhere near actually. the reason i was so sardonic was because of the way you approached me to begin with. your original statement begged that response. i am not like that otherwise.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

bacon Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:12 AM | Message # 113

Watchers
the test moniter is eying me from across the way...
we were talking about train hoppin and "steal this book" by abbey hoffman earlier.
perhaps he would understand the cause?
nahhhhh hes the art teacher.
im boreddddddddddddddddd.
its the crt's and i took some adderral before this test and im soooooooooo fuckin pumped.
there are these little black comets flying around my screen.
i made an 84% on the test though:)
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:20 AM | Message # 114

Heads
lol nice!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

bacon Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:25 AM | Message # 115

Watchers
hahahahahahahahaahahahaa i just farted on purpose really loud to inturrupt.
i luaghed and was like "WHAT NOW!" and eveen the moniter laughed then it went back to normal.
still bored.
no headphones=no music.
btw i;ve been diggint that dead pres song for who ever posted it, thanks!
whats with that song called "hell yeah though?
seems materlistic
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:31 AM | Message # 116

Heads
lol! posted what song? where? you mean "Hip Hop"?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:43 AM | Message # 117

Heads
Dialectic Materialism a good theory for you people to study some of you are at college study on it love , hate everything becomes your capital commodities in life become capital or you need capital to obtain or achieve some of them Money is at the base of human survival so money is important in a capitalism society this theory still works today money is the most important because our society is not built on cooperation and mutual aid so YES in the current society MONEY IS EVERYTHING

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:56 AM | Message # 118

Heads
Yeah, but you hate capitalism. Is that not true? So why..... Fuck, I'm tired.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 12:09 PM | Message # 119

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Yeah, but you hate capitalism. Is that not true? So why..... Fuck, I'm tired.

yes but i live in one and survival whit out capital can't be achieved an isolated island of anarchism inside capitalism can't be achieved everything must come from commodities first the commodities own you then you own the commodities in time these commodities disappear because commodities ( money ) can't survive in an anarchist society because the idea goes like this " From each according to his ability, to each according to his need "

ill Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 12:37 PM | Message # 120

Emcees
word 11th

The World Is Yours
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » blink 182 listeners
Search: