ill Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 7:51 PM | Message # 91

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
more developed

not only developed

The World Is Yours
NtG Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 9:17 PM | Message # 92

Heads
ok, i havent looked at this thread in a while so i was like "how the hell does a thread about blink 182 get 7 pages on a hip-hop website?" and the i come in and see you guys talking about jesus? WTF???????????

[deleted]
11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 11:25 PM | Message # 93

Removed
Quote (Menace)
yaal got it too good thats the problem yaal ain't thankful come down and live here for a minute and Jesus won't be your savior money will be you think the worlds problems evolved around being " depressed" ?? people are fucking depressed cause they working 12 hours a day whit no break on weekends and still they can't feed their family man be thankful whit what you got don't whine you can have it much nastier much much nastier

Damn Menace your an idiot lol i dont usually argue with you cause half the time your contradicting yourself and you take a simple statement one person says and put a bunch of bullshit behind it.

Look you aint the only nigga living in SLUMS you aint the only one that has it bad. You act like these people can't talk about this shit unless they've lived it bad.

And half the time your the only one whining about the place you live or the government.

So calm down because ive read your stuff long enough to know that you know that MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING so what you arguing about

thats all these people said. And i think most people on this website can agree with that statement including you.

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 11:44 PM | Message # 94

Heads
Quote (ill)
so with money you're happy?

If you know how to appreciate money, then absolutely, you are happy.

First of all, you need to clarify what the fuck you mean by "everything." "Money isn't everything." That's a vague ass term and a cheap fucking platitude.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ill Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 7:07 AM | Message # 95

Emcees
Money isn't everything, it doesn't soley have the power to make you happy

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 7:14 AM | Message # 96

Heads
Quote (ill)
Money isn't everything, it doesn't soley have the power to make you happy

i agree, but i think you are missing the point of I_Guy's statement because he worded it poorly.

Quote (I_Guy)
If you know how to appreciate money, then absolutely, you are happy.

he made it a bit too general. the idea is that if you know how to spend the money you have in a useful and non-excessive manner, in general you will not be plagued by the grief that comes along with money and it can actually enhance your quality of life as well. what he made the mistake of doing was 1. his statement was WAY too general and 2. he made his comment an absolute, which makes it, in a sense, a fallacious comment.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 7:18 AM | Message # 97

Emcees
but you are financialy happy, that still doesn't make you happy as a whole

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 7:23 AM | Message # 98

Heads
Quote (ill)
but you are financialy happy, that still doesn't make you happy as a whole

Quote (eboyd)
it can actually enhance your quality of life as well.

learn to read critically. did i say it makes your life better as a whole? read the entire statement i wrote above until you fully understand it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 8:00 AM | Message # 99

Emcees
was replying to iguys statement E

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 8:01 AM | Message # 100

Heads
no, not true at all. you need to have money to truly understand what the fuck you are talking about. i'm not calling you "poor" but i'm telling you, as someone who has grown up in a middle class family with close friends in the upper class, some of the most dysfunctional families in the world are upper class. my uncle does photography for people like Ice Cube, Steven Spielberg, Nestle, etc., and he owned a small photography company (a partnership) that was quite successful. he was, in in some senses still is, quite wealthy and he is one of the most depressed people i know. he is a heavy alcoholic and he used to be (when he owned the business) a coke fiend because (as he has specifically told my mother) he was masking the stress of everyday life with his heavy drug use. he still to this day is an alcoholic. additionally, i go to an artist's workshop every Wednesday and a kid there just happens to be the CEO of one of the big five in the music industry (possibly even UMG) and this kid talks about his family all the time. this kid is one of the most fucked up kids i've ever met. there's a lot of stress that comes along with money, even when you have someone to share it with. all of these people have families. you have to actually have money or know someone who does to understand this. obviously you have no clue nor any intention to grasp this concept so it's a moot point i'm making.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 8:02 AM | Message # 101

Heads
Quote (ill)
was replying to iguys statement E

oh... well, you should have addressed mine. n/m

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 8:57 AM | Message # 102

Emcees
Money makes it easier to enjoy things in life, but you can still be fucked up the ass by people and shit like that but yeah money helps.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 8:58 AM | Message # 103

Heads
it definitely CAN help, but i know from experience (not so much personal but vicariously through others) that it can very often be a burden as well.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:13 AM | Message # 104

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
no, not true at all. you need to have money to truly understand what the fuck you are talking about. i'm not calling you "poor" but i'm telling you, as someone who has grown up in a middle class family with close friends in the upper class, some of the most dysfunctional families in the world are upper class. my uncle does photography for people like Ice Cube, Steven Spielberg, Nestle, etc., and he owned a small photography company (a partnership) that was quite successful. he was, in in some senses still is, quite wealthy and he is one of the most depressed people i know. he is a heavy alcoholic and he used to be (when he owned the business) a coke fiend because (as he has specifically told my mother) he was masking the stress of everyday life with his heavy drug use. he still to this day is an alcoholic. additionally, i go to an artist's workshop every Wednesday and a kid there just happens to be the CEO of one of the big five in the music industry (possibly even UMG) and this kid talks about his family all the time. this kid is one of the most fucked up kids i've ever met. there's a lot of stress that comes along with money, even when you have someone to share it with. all of these people have families. you have to actually have money or know someone who does to understand this. obviously you have no clue nor any intention to grasp this concept so it's a moot point i'm making.

LOL here we go with all the bullshit behind a SIMPLE ASS statement.

MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING

stop trying to argue that. Its a fact and if you think it is everything i feel sorry for you

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:17 AM | Message # 105

Heads
wow........ you OBVIOUSLY are comprehension impaired. the point i was making was an argument in agreement with the statement "money isn't everything" however you cannot oversimplify it and that is what that statement is doing and it takes an intelligible concept and makes it sound ignorant. i was bringing life into our argument.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » blink 182 listeners
Search: