[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Was 2pac a Gangsta Rapper?
Was 2pac a Gangsta Rapper?
abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 6:42 PM | Message # 121

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Its not opinion based dude its UNIVERSAL BASED

can you give me a graph or chart that proves this. that in every culture this is a universal belief.

also i dont see why you guys are trippin so hard off this shit. it is at the core a OPINION. he isn't claiming this shit as fact like you all are. also yall have stopped debating and are now just slinging mud everywhere. if yall have ran out of points and lost thats coo but no need to insult the brotha

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Menace Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 7:26 PM | Message # 122

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
can you give me a graph or chart that proves this. that in every culture this is a universal belief.

also i dont see why you guys are trippin so hard off this shit. it is at the core a OPINION. he isn't claiming this shit as fact like you all are. also yall have stopped debating and are now just slinging mud everywhere. if yall have ran out of points and lost thats coo but no need to insult the brotha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta_rap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_hip_hop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horrorcore

Our views are FACTS . Hip Hop is MUSIC too and MUSIC has subgenres .

Adam Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 7:55 PM | Message # 123

B-Girls

Why do you assume this guy is innocent and doing nothing wrong. It is just opinion at the core, but he doesn't care about any of this. He is just flame baiting the mods and heads here, so he can get us mad, and teasing us because he thinks there is this group of watchers behind him. And us doing anything to him would be a no no. Well thats not the case, and if I see you flame bait again. There will be consequences.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 7:58 PM | Message # 124

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Why do you assume this guy is innocent and doing nothing wrong. It is just opinion at the core, but he doesn't care about any of this. He is just flame baiting the mods and heads here, so he can get us mad, and teasing us because he thinks there is this group of watchers behind him. And us doing anything to him would be a no no. Well thats not the case, and if I see you flame bait again. There will be consequences.

last thing people wanna see when they come to this site is huge threads filled with nothing but negativity and arguing. that's why i split the thread, to down the flame a little,

its only gonna make people get tired and stop coming here.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ALCATRAZ Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:08 PM | Message # 125

Writers
Quote (Menace)
Our views are FACTS

You posted links from Wikipedia. That is a website that anyone with a keyboard can contribute to. So no, that doesn't constitute your beliefs as fact. Sorry.

Quote (Adam)
Why do you assume this guy is innocent and doing nothing wrong.

Because it's true. All I'm doing is expressing my opinion. But don't take my word for it, read the posts. It's you guys who are claiming your stance as fact.

Quote (Adam)
Well thats not the case, and if I see you flame bait again. There will be consequences.

WOW. So that's how you guys get down on RHHF, huh? Either agree with the majority or get banned for having a different point of view? If that's the case, then feel free to IP ban me for good. If having an opinion of my own constitutes "flame baiting" then I guess there is nothing I can say about that. But I will admit though, your post made you look like one very emotional dude.

Quote (EmSeeD)
i split the thread, to down the flame a little

What are you talking about? It's a debate, EmSeeD! Are we supposed to sit here with tea and crumpets and discuss matters as if we are on the Golden Girls? Heated debate is what a forum admin/moderator SHOULD want on their forum. THAT is what makes a forum thrive. I'm starting to think it was you who has been splitting all these threads recently. Not eboyd, not Chinita, but you. If anything, THAT'S gonna make people get tired and stop coming here, not heated debate. *smacks forehead*

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:09 PM
abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:24 PM | Message # 126

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta_rap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_hip_hop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horrorcore

Our views are FACTS . Hip Hop is MUSIC too and MUSIC has subgenres .

i wasnt debating the existence of such genres but it was reported that they were universally accepted. i wanted something that proves that. thats all

Quote (Adam)

i honestly dont see that he's done anything wrong. he is holding an opinion where the majority of this site holds an opposite opinion. he is fighting an uphill battle, i dont neccessarily agree with him but he has the right to express his self no? he disagrees with what was said, plain and simple. if he were constantly insulting the mods would be one thing but hes gone from cordial to sarcastic and has pretty much bounced back and forth on that. i have not seen any extreme disrespect or insults that weren't in defense of what was said to him by a mod or OG member. i am going on record as saying this site has issues if "action" is taken against one of its members for the views or comments made in this thread.

Quote (EmSeeD)
last thing people wanna see when they come to this site is huge threads filled with nothing but negativity and arguing. that's why i split the thread, to down the flame a little,

its only gonna make people get tired and stop coming here.

i personally enjoy it in moderation, but i can see a new member being scared away if this was the first thread they saw and making unfair assumptions

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:27 PM | Message # 127

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Because it's true. All I'm doing is expressing my opinion. But don't take my word for it, read the posts. It's you guys who are claiming your stance as fact.

anyone in their right mind can easily read the posts and see you've done nothing but instigate and insert your opinion here and there.

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
WOW. So that's how you guys get down on RHHF, huh? Either agree with the majority or get banned for having a different point of view? If that's the case, then feel free to IP ban me for good. If having an opinion of my own constitutes "flame baiting" then I guess there is nothing I can say about that. But I will admit though, your post made you look like one very emotional dude.

oh don't play Mr. Innocent here, we all know your game. you come in and attack everyone, then claim you are some gift from God sent upon RHHF, and then when we call you on your bullshit you play the victim who can do no wrong and make us out to be oppressors. those are the classic symptoms of a sociopath.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:31 PM | Message # 128

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
i dont neccessarily agree with him but he has the right to express his self no? he disagrees with what was said, plain and simple. if he were constantly insulting the mods would be one thing but hes gone from cordial to sarcastic and has pretty much bounced back and forth on that. i have not seen any extreme disrespect or insults that weren't in defense of what was said to him by a mod or OG member. i am going on record as saying this site has issues if "action" is taken against one of its members for the views or comments made in this thread.

no action has been taken, and he has, in fact, been very insulting. it doesn't matter if it is a mod or a Watcher that he insulted. he's been quite rude and insulting, specifically to Pensmoke, among others.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:42 PM | Message # 129

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
i wanted something that proves that. thats all

its pretty hard to prove something on the internet that pretty much everyone already believes, thats like saying "prove over the internet that there is such a thing as rock music" how the hell do you do that? "show me a poll on the internet of people saying whether or not they believe rock music exists"?

abanks you ask for a poll proving sub-genre's exist? i don't think a poll has ever been made since almost everyone already knows sub-genre's exist.

abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:51 PM | Message # 130

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
no action has been taken, and he has, in fact, been very insulting. it doesn't matter if it is a mod or a Watcher that he insulted. he's been quite rude and insulting, specifically to Pensmoke, among others.

agreed that he was insulting to pensmoke, he called him out and called him idiot. calling him out isn't insulting but calling him idiot clearly is. i agree it was unnecessary but you cant act like random insults that are usually 10 times more offensive than that aren't thrown around this site hourly. although we dont personally know pensmoke just from his posts and his music we can tell he is not an idiot, it was sarcasm clearly and the fact that pensmoke never mentioned it is proof of that. if i go back and count the # insults made i would wager the majority were being thrown at alcatraz which have now started to spill into other threads might i add.
it also seems like you are insinuating that action may be taken or if it were taken you guys would be justified in doing so which i feel is not the case by any means. it was a discussion. yes it got a bit insulting from both camps but i wouldnt put all blame on him alone. if action is taken against him than i'd expect the same treatment towards everyone who participated in the discussion in the same way that he did.

Quote (EmSeeD)
its pretty hard to prove something on the internet that pretty much everyone already believes, thats like saying "prove over the internet that there is such a thing as rock music" how the hell do you do that? "show me a poll on the internet of people saying whether or not they believe rock music exists"?

abanks you ask for a poll proving sub-genre's exist? i don't think a poll has ever been made since almost everyone already knows sub-genre's exist.

im not asking the proof of its existence. i am asking for proof, any type of proof that it is UNIVERSALLY accepted. with that being said, and if it were true means i could go to any place on the globe where music exists and expect everyone to know of sub-genres. i feel sub genres do exist but not necessarily universal is all im saying.

ThaScience Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 9:16 PM | Message # 131

OGs
2Pac gangsta?

not any more then this guy...

he played a image for deathrow, you know why.

ThaScience Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 9:20 PM | Message # 132

OGs
im not gettin envolved in this argument cos I dont no what ur on about...

but spliting threads cos shit goes off topic is lame. that is all.

Message edited by ThaScience - Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 9:20 PM
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 9:34 PM | Message # 133

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
which have now started to spill into other threads might i add.

yeah that's why i don't like these long arguing threads, but i won't be splitting this thread or re-naming it now

Quote (abanks47)
im not asking the proof of its existence. i am asking for proof, any type of proof that it is UNIVERSALLY accepted

how is anyone supposed to prove something like this, all i know is that i've never heard anyone other than alcatraz claim there is no such thing as sub-genre's. its not really a big deal though,

have you ever heard someone say there is no such thing as sub-genre's Abanks?

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 9:36 PM | Message # 134

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
2Pac gangsta?

not any more then this guy...

for that argument here is another long and tedious thread arguing about whether 2pac was really a thug or not, have fun

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/5-3712-1

abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 9:47 PM | Message # 135

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
have you ever heard someone say there is no such thing as sub-genre's Abanks?

i personally feel some sub-genres are a stretch, as in they shouldnt be acknowledged. but overall saying sub-genres not existing no i have not heard of anyone make that claim accept for alcatraz. but that alone would be proof enough for me that it is not accepted universally.

Quote (EmSeeD)
for that argument here is another long and tedious thread arguing about whether 2pac was really a thug or not, have fun

ya no that was actually a pretty fun thread. lol but i am glad its dead or at least dieing a very slow and no doubt cancerous death.

Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Was 2pac a Gangsta Rapper?
Search: