[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » -The Official Untaught History Thread- (The Official Untaught History Thread)
-The Official Untaught History Thread-
Menace Date: Friday, 31/Oct/08, 12:23 PM | Message # 46

Heads
Quote (Blaze)
so many people wear them in my school just cuz theyre "in style" i just wanna smack them

i wear one too im half arab myself but i wear one from childhood and i wear them on my neck in the triangular form cause thats how Yasser Arafat had it on his head and that is the symbol of the palestinian flag but yo Blaze when u see them bump into them and tell them what it meens

Menace Date: Tuesday, 11/Nov/08, 11:24 AM | Message # 47

Heads
Imperialist crimes done by the US after 1945

1945 Japan
1945-46 China
1950-53 Korea, China
1954 Guatemala
1958 Indonesia
1959-61 Cuba
1960 Guatemala
1964 Congo
1965 Peru
1964-73 Laos
1961-73 Vietnam
1967-69 Greece,Guatemala
1973 Chile
1983 Grenada
1983-84 Lebanon
1980s El Salvador
1980s Nicaragua
1986 Libya
1987 Iran
1989 Panama
1991 Iraq
1993 Somalia
1998 Sudan
1998 Afghanistan
1999 Yugoslavia
2001 Afghanistan
2003 Iraq
2008 Kosovo
2008 Syria

Menace Date: Thursday, 13/Nov/08, 5:50 PM | Message # 48

Heads
Thomas Jefferson is also sometimes seen as a philosophical anarchist, who said

“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Menace Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 5:15 PM | Message # 49

Heads
In fact most US founding fathers held Libertarian and Anarchist values

eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 7:20 PM | Message # 50

Removed
that's crazy! btw, there is a Palestinian girl at my school who had a Keffiyeh on that i know and i had no clue she was Palestinian, so i said to her "oh, so you support Palestine?" trying to be a jackass and she said, "no shit Sherlock, i'm Palestinian." turns out it was an authentic Keffiyeh from an actual Palestinian mosque that she got while in Palestine. i felt like a jack ass! biggrin anyways, we had a conversation about how annoying it is to see people wear it as a fashion statement.
Deadly-Sin Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 8:47 PM | Message # 51

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
that's crazy! btw, there is a Palestinian girl at my school who had a Keffiyeh on that i know and i had no clue she was Palestinian, so i said to her "oh, so you support Palestine?" trying to be a jackass and she said, "no shit Sherlock, i'm Palestinian." turns out it was an authentic Keffiyeh from an actual Palestinian mosque that she got while in Palestine. i felt like a jack ass! biggrin anyways, we had a conversation about how annoying it is to see people wear it as a fashion statement.

Same thing happen to me while i was waiting in line to get an ice cream

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 24/Nov/08, 3:05 AM | Message # 52

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

oh is that those scarf things? i was gonna buy one coz i thought they look cool lol. so their supposed to say you support palestine?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd_ Date: Monday, 24/Nov/08, 3:12 AM | Message # 53

Removed
this guy! yes, they mean that you support Palestine. they are called Keffiyeh's and they were worn in the 60's by Yasser Arafat and other PLO leaders and they are worn by non-Arabs to show support for Palestine. if you buy one, make sure you know what it means first and make sure you agree with the message you are sending by wearing one.
Menace Date: Monday, 24/Nov/08, 12:30 PM | Message # 54

Heads
Communism in the original thought of Karl Marx was the last stage of transformation Communism in the original thought of Karl Marx was the last stage in creating a society whit out social classes and in the end whit out the state itself but in theory that could be accomplished but when put into practice everything back fired because every one that used the marxist theory applied their own ideas on it examples as Marxist-Leninism , Maoism , because so many tempered whit the original idea the idea backfired and if in theory communism is the state whit out a state and no social class in practice communism is the peak of state control and state power

Menace Date: Tuesday, 25/Nov/08, 1:34 PM | Message # 55

Heads
did yaal know that the current president of the Republic of Ireland is a woman her name is Mary McAleese

Menace Date: Monday, 01/Dec/08, 3:04 PM | Message # 56

Heads
did yaal know that the current Pope most know him as Benedict XVI was a former member of the Hitler Youth and then he graduated and became a full Nazi officer

eboyd_ Date: Monday, 01/Dec/08, 3:35 PM | Message # 57

Removed
The first known American martyr was a Black man by the name of Crispus Attucks. Little is known about him other than the fact that he was one of five people killed in the Boston Massacre and he is the only one whose name is widely known. Here's his Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispus_Attucks

Menace Date: Monday, 01/Dec/08, 3:46 PM | Message # 58

Heads
did yaal know despite being wiped everyday and oppressed African-Americans have fought in every war in the history of the United States.

Menace Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 7:11 PM | Message # 59

Heads
Che Guevara was an atheist but despite that in Bolivia where he was assassinated by the Bolivian Army whit the help of the CIA in 1967 now the Bolivian Catholic Church sanctified Che and made him a saint this is controversial to some people but the abundance of proof and Che's own diary showed that despite being a guerrilla solider he was a ideal man and a pacifist

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 7:21 PM | Message # 60

OGs
Quote (Menace)
Che Guevara was an atheist but despite that in Bolivia where he was assassinated

notice how he was ATHEIST and got SHOT

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » -The Official Untaught History Thread- (The Official Untaught History Thread)
Search: